Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Poll] Do you still need Focus lenses (from sorties)?

Ryouhi

Copied from a post i made on reddit:

http://www.strawpoll.me/11960181

Even though they're medium and high rarity, i've been getting a lot of focus lenses from Sorties lately.
And i've been wondering whether or not people actually need them nowadays.
Until DE finally finish the focus system in it's entirety i have zero motivation to actively farm focus and as such have only a few lenses on a few frames, so all the lenses i gain from Sorties just sit in my inventory gathering dust.

So i've been wondering what the communities standpoint on lenses is currently. Do you still farm and use them? Do you farm focus? Or do you get disappointed whenever you see a lense as your sortie reward?

In general, do lenses in sorties even make sense? Focus is introduced in the Second dream, but you can't actually get any lenses until you complete the war within.
In my opinion lenses should be retired from the Sortie reward pool and should instead be farmable on lua after the second dream or something.

I'm interested on how many people still farm lenses nowadays :)

1 minute ago, (PS4)Stanicek3 said:

I still need so many lenses, but I mind getting them from Sorties. I wish they were obtained some other way. (To be honest, I wouldn't mind if they were some Rotation C in the void or something. Actually give the void a use.)

Yeah i can see that.
I personally have no use for them currently until they fix focus, so i'm annoyed to get them in sorties.

BUt having them in sorties is kinda bad in general, because you only get one chance a day to one.
You need to be lucky to even get a lense, then you have to be even luckier to get a greater lens and then you need to STILL be even luckier to get one for your school.

Like i say, i think they shouldn't even be in sorties, since after you second dream you can't even get any lenses for the system you just got introduced to until you finish the war within, which is bad gamedesing.

Instead there should be missions you can farm them as a rare drop or rare mission reward in my opinion.

No I don't need them and it's like a slap in the face every time I get one. I have been getting them more often than endo. No riven mods for me in the past 2-3 weeks. I swear rivens are rarer than they claim but it could just be bad luck on my part.

If the focus system didn't punish you with a cool down penalty for activating traits then I would be more eager to use them. Right now I just activate the couple that are most useful and forget the rest.

I don't like getting lenses from sorties, I don't need them, but what I think is making things worse is that sorties are the only way to get lenses regardless of these becoming somewhat needed after the second dream while sorties are locked behind The War Within, leaving players in the middle of both quests tied to a single lesser lens for a school chosen based on a misleading description and with no clue of what to do next nor what it's effect is unless they give some plat to DE, to some other player, or a kind soul decides to give them one away or trade one for whatever.

Edited by -----LegioN-----

2 minutes ago, RideaTear said:

No I don't need them and it's like a slap in the face every time I get one. I have been getting them more often than endo. No riven mods for me in the past 2-3 weeks. I swear rivens are rarer than they claim but it could just be bad luck on my part.

If the focus system didn't punish you with a cool down penalty for activating traits then I would be more eager to use them. Right now I just activate the couple that are most useful and forget the rest.

The past week i've been getting Lens upon lens, even 2 greater ones i believe, with no use for them :/

I only use Zenurik for the energy regen and have maxed that passive and the cooldown reduction by passive play, so i really don't care about focus or lenses nowadays

2 minutes ago, -----LegioN----- said:

I don't like getting lenses from sorties, I don't need them, but what I think is making things worse is that sorties are the only way to get lenses regardless of these becoming somewhat needed after the second dream while sorties are locked behind Tje War Within, leaving players in the middle of both quests tied to a single lens unless they give some plat to DE, to some other player, or a kind soul decides to give or trade them one.

Which is pretty questionable, considering they changed it only after TWW came out.
They had enough time to fix this, but it's still the way it is and doesn't make any sense game design wise.

Hey, let's inbtroduce this new mechanic and give you this item you need to use it.
But before you can actually get any more of these items you need to finish the next quest lol

Just now, Trichouette said:

"No, but i don't mind getting them from Sorties 10"

Because of the ' I thought you put an insult like "no but I don't f*cking care" or something xD

Crap i'm a minute too late

You and i are everywhere a sortie thread is made.... 😂

Ready to redirect the flow back to where it needs to be.😆

1 minute ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Or ya know instead of if ya need it or not they could instead end these sortie issues once and for all. That way they can focus elsewhere. 😆

Just one last adjustment needed to finally end this once and for all. 😂

People have been asking for it for at least a year i think and wasn't it the DEvs themselves that actually came up with the idea?
And yet nothing has come of it still, it's pretty sad.

Even with the large movement that was behind the universal vacuum change it still took them years and even then we didn't even get half of what we bargained for... 

So i guess we'll get half a token system in 2 years?

There's simply not enough worthwile things in the reward table.
Rivens are the only thing i'm interested in, while endo i guess i can live with getting.

But lenses go straight in the trash pile, potatoes i got enough, same for forma and exilus adapters i rarely use and still have some of them.

They either need to diversify the droptable and take the useless crap out of the only endgame we have or we need a token system

Neither are likely to happen any time soon

1 minute ago, Trichouette said:

"No, but i don't mind getting them from Sorties 10"

Because of the ' I thought you put an insult like "no but I don't f*cking care" or something xD

Crap i'm a minute too late

Dunno what the poll has against my apostrophe xD

Just now, Kaotyke said:

Sorties drop lenses

Players: I dont want lenses!

Sorties drop lenses only once per season

Players: I want LENSES!!

Sorties drop lenses repeatedly along with the greater ones

Players: I DONT want Lenses!!

Contrary to popular belief, the Forums aren't actually a hive mind, who would've thunk it :D (or is that what a hive mind would say?)

I created the poll to actually see the distribution of what people actually want and currently theres a 50/30 split of No and Yes respectively

I personally would love to get rid of Lenses in Sorties, but i would like if they were instead put somewhere as a mission reward or rare drop so you can actually farm them

Currently you get a once-a-day chance to get a single lens - now you need to hope to get, then hope it's a great one and then hope it's for the right school.
When sorties are only completable once a day this is dumb.

Also Sorties are unlocked after TWW, while Focus and lenses are introduced in TSD which is simply bad game design.
I say move lenses to Lua Missions and remove them from sorties.

3 minutes ago, Dizzle22 said:

No.

I'm not sure I've ever wanted them as a sortie drop. Even back when I was first working on Zenurik.

Due to lenses being split into different schools and smaller/greater ones, as well as sorties being a once-a-day thing, it's pretty dumb to actually try and get one for your school.

THis is only exuberated by introducing the necessity of having to have completed TTW to actually play sorties, even though focus and lenses are introduced in TSD *eyeroll*

3 minutes ago, Ryouhi said:

Calling Ryouhi come in Ryouhi 😂

Don't give up buddy if it takes another three years we will still be pushing the idea.

But alot of people want this and that removed but everyone has different needs. Although it was insanely wierd they didn't move them when they locked sorties behind TWW.

24 minutes ago, Ryouhi said:

Copied from a post i made on reddit:

http://www.strawpoll.me/11960181

Even though they're medium and high rarity, i've been getting a lot of focus lenses from Sorties lately.
And i've been wondering whether or not people actually need them nowadays.
Until DE finally finish the focus system in it's entirety i have zero motivation to actively farm focus and as such have only a few lenses on a few frames, so all the lenses i gain from Sorties just sit in my inventory gathering dust.

So i've been wondering what the communities standpoint on lenses is currently. Do you still farm and use them? Do you farm focus? Or do you get disappointed whenever you see a lense as your sortie reward?

In general, do lenses in sorties even make sense? Focus is introduced in the Second dream, but you can't actually get any lenses until you complete the war within.
In my opinion lenses should be retired from the Sortie reward pool and should instead be farmable on lua after the second dream or something.

I'm interested on how many people still farm lenses nowadays :)

I throw lesser lenses on everything, but I made the choice to farm focus passively from the beginning and not worry about greater lenses.  So I'm still applying them.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Don't give up buddy if it takes another three years we will still be pushing the idea.

But alot of people want this and that removed but everyone has different needs. Although it was insanely wierd they didn't move them when they locked sorties behind TWW.

Well, showing the DEvs we care about it is the best thing we can do and hope they may change it someday :P
I mainly created the poll to see what other people thought because i was getting annoyed at getting a bunch of lenses the past few days and i'm actually surprised how many still need or want lenses (30+% currently), but i should perhaps have included the option of "Yes, but i don't want them in Sorties"  >_<

Too late for that now

They may have just forgotten it and didn't get around to fixing it, just like many things just fall down their endless list of things to do and fix

I have the long term goal of maxing out every tree. I use them on all my weapons like a catalyst.

Since lens rewards repeat now, I can destroy old lesser lenses without a problem. 

I don't mind then as a rewards in comparison to getting Endo.

Edited by Hypernaut1

oh yes pls , i want more and more lens from sortie, i got 0 lens in this 3 week of sortie so pls gimme all the lens of the game

Spoiler

20161226214057_1.jpg

Add 2 more greater naramon lens i already used on mesa and the ack, 2 vazarin lens i gift to a team mate....

i was sarcastic if you have not realized.... so my reply is no, i don't need it and i don't want it...

4 minutes ago, LIKE_A_PR3DAT0R said:

oh yes pls , i want more and more lens from sortie, i got 0 lens in this 3 week of sortie so pls gimme all the lens of the game

Hide contents

20161226214057_1.jpg

Add 2 more greater naramon lens i already used on mesa and the ack, 2 vazarin lens i gift to a team mate....

i was sarcastic if you have not realized.... so my reply is no, i don't need it and i don't want it...

and here i took you serious for a second since there seem to be some people that actually want lenses :p