Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Infested Charger pet O.o whaaaaaaaa!?!?!?

EKKESSUCALIBAAAH

So I just logged on into warframe and I Find this funky looking hot-pink "tumor" on my warframe's neck. Then I think to myself oh dear I got it from Helminth when he stabbed me in the neck before?!?!? After doing some research on thee forums and watching a few YouTube videos.

I'm low key kind off disappointing in the new infested pet. Like it looooks like a super mangled grineer soldier, that came from a Kubrow egg? O.o that kind off doesn't make much sense at all. However Steve from DEE did say there will be more coming to the whole Cyst thing and touch ups to our little buddy here. I Just hope our little bugger can be and look like our very own mini juggernaut.

So with that said, Should I even bother making the infested pet, or should I wait for the changes? Also I've been hearing that the Cyst is contagious and it just keeps on giving. Like that is kind of cool, but at the same time sucks because as we all know, Fashion Frame is the true endgame amirite XP? No one wants a giant tumor coming out off their necks, it's like that terribe forehead pimple you can't hide LOL 

I belive this should be one of those times, that they should delayed content...

I mean infesting something into Kubrow egg, then pops out a "Charger", an infested Grinner product... Even thou, it is a concept, and from what I understood, it will be replaced, makes no sense. I wanted to see a Infested Kubrow, that would have been logic, and a nice idea. But this all thing, is messy.

Strange that a company that removed Snipetron from the game because it fired bullets and it was not "lore friendly" is fine with infecting a kubrow and turning it into a miniature grineer soldiers distorted and walking on four legs.

I mean, the whole point of the infested is that the are grineer and corpus units mutated and turned into freaks...

i just wanna point this out, if they didnt wanna make a specialized skin for the infested pet(s? hang on and read the rest first) they could have done something very easy to make it more....lore friendly, have the pet that comes out dependant on a counter of enemies you killed while you had the cyst on your frame, if you did grineer focused content? charger, boom easy, if you focused on corpus? have it be an infested moa or a leaper, id say if you focused on void maybe get an ancient but i think that might be a little much, those buggers could end up being op as pets if they had their abilities, lol

this would make more sense that it turned into a specific type of infested because you could say the cyst was harvesting material from the enemies you were killing, and just used the kubrow egg as an incubator

Edited by (PS4)ocerkin

You guys should really put in a little more time to look at whats actually going on. The Charger is placeholder right now, the model is going to be updated when the team gets back from break. They thought they would have it finished in time but the team got way too burnt out to continue, thats all there is to it. Patience.

4 minutes ago, Xynkthos said:

You guys should really put in a little more time to look at whats actually going on. The Charger is placeholder right now, the model is going to be updated when the team gets back from break. They thought they would have it finished in time but the team got way too burnt out to continue, thats all there is to it. Patience.

I have patience for this but you know people in the community will complain after DE makes the changes. I can already see the threads saying "bring back the old look" or "make charger pet great again" hehe.

Besides , not to nag, but didn't we have that exact same charger model as a summon-at-will consumable from syndicates ? Feels kinda redundant.

Also, isn't it confusing to have a dog with the exact same model as one of the most common enemy in the game. Granted, you can put wierd colors and glitchy armor to avoid confusion, but still, it defintiively deserves a new skin... Like some guy suggested on reddit, just take the crawler thingies from Nidus's fourth, enlarge them and there you go, a more lore friendly, four legged monster that's unique and doesn't get confused by enemies.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

Besides , not to nag, but didn't we have that exact same charger model as a summon-at-will consumable from syndicates ? Feels kinda redundant.

Also, isn't it confusing to have a dog with the exact same model as one of the most common enemy in the game. Granted, you can put wierd colors and glitchy armor to avoid confusion, but still, it defintiively deserves a new skin... Like some guy suggested on reddit, just take the crawler thingies from Nidus's fourth, enlarge them and there you go, a more lore friendly, four legged monster that's unique and doesn't get confused by enemies.

It's almost like you're willfully ignoring that it's placeholder.

13 minutes ago, Xynkthos said:

It's not a placeholder.

Steve said that the original intent for the pet was a companion Charger. What he did say, was that it may get touched up in 2017, but I would wager that's mostly related to Kubrow skeleton rigging, giving the mods new images, and fixing some of the general glitchy stuff.

The base model is staying, it seems for now.

1 minute ago, rapt0rman said:

It's almost like you're willfully ignoring that it's placeholder.

Steve explicity said it wasn't.

994c943793faf3247edada95b838d38c.png

Edited by AM-Bunny

3 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Ha... well then... yep, makes no sense.

I feel like people are looking way too far into this.

Does anyone care you can buy a skin that turns your Kavat into a Hyekka? Does anyone care that Spira's blades are way too big for the tiny holster and are realistically embedded into your Warframe's thighs?

It's just a game, don't sweat the absolute immersion. Enjoy having a Charger as a pet, we've all thought it'd be cool at some point.

7 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

It's not a placeholder.

Steve said that the original intent for the pet was a companion Charger. What he did say, was that it may get touched up in 2017, but I would wager that's mostly related to Kubrow skeleton rigging, giving the mods new images, and fixing some of the general glitchy stuff.

The base model is staying, it seems for now.

Steve explicity said it wasn't.

Reveal hidden contents

994c943793faf3247edada95b838d38c.png

6 minutes ago, KaizergidorahXi said:

It's not though. [DE]Steve's twitter said that the idea was for it to be a Charger. 

Also went ahead and said that the art department was running out of ideas so he was going to bring it up when they get back.

2 minutes ago, AerinSol said:

Also went ahead and said that the art department was running out of ideas so he was going to bring it up when they get back.

Yeah, he said they might just cut off the Grineer head. There might be something more drastic done since the community reaction to its appearance has been pretty strong, which I don't personally agree with. I kind of like Charger companion, so I hope if a more drastic re-design is made, they keep the Charger as an alt skin.

Just now, AM-Bunny said:

I feel like people are looking way too far into this.

Does anyone care you can buy a skin that turns your Kavat into a Hyekka? Does anyone care that Spira's blades are way too big for the tiny holster and are realistically embedded into your Warframe's thighs?

It's just a game, don't sweat the absolute immersion. Enjoy having a Charger as a pet, we've all thought it'd be cool at some point.

I'll deal, I've been one of the ones telling people that the just need to deal for the past week with the infested tumor. But I stand by the fact that it makes no sense, store bought skins work because they're store bought skins, if they wanted to implement an indepth, lore related reason for an infested charger, they could have at least tied it in with the grineer.

1 minute ago, rapt0rman said:

I'll deal, I've been one of the ones telling people that the just need to deal for the past week with the infested tumor. But I stand by the fact that it makes no sense, store bought skins work because they're store bought skins, if they wanted to implement an indepth, lore related reason for an infested charger, they could have at least tied it in with the grineer.

Yeah... there could've been something like releasing a Charger from the prison cells in Rescue missions and capturing it to try out the Myconian Relic and domesticating it. Maybe Neewa could've given us one for completing The Glast Gambit. That would've been cool.

It probably just had to do with a bunch of different concepts they had brewing at the time (Nidus, Infested Room, Helminth, Charger Pet) that they all wanted to tie into one idea and the result wasn't especially smooth.

9 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Yeah, he said they might just cut off the Grineer head. There might be something more drastic done since the community reaction to its appearance has been pretty strong, which I don't personally agree with. I kind of like Charger companion, so I hope if a more drastic re-design is made, they keep the Charger as an alt skin.

I think to be honest this is the best of both worlds solution here making the basic model without the Grineer head, fixing the rigging, and other bugginess, and allowing people to still use the model with the Grineer head if they choose to. 

This would require little work from the art team beyond the bug fixing and rigging fixing they really needed to do regardless. 

I think people are getting a little too upset about this though. They pretty much hid the existence of the pet, I don't think they intended to fully advertise its existence yet anyways. Yeah it was meant to be a charger as concept, but I think when people say the implementation especially in terms of rigging feels unfinished, they are forgetting that it was basically thrown in as a hidden end of year easter egg, not a fully advertised and promoted new piece of content. 

Edit: Also, I will say this. DE has proven themselves to be good at smoothing over and retconning previous rough releases like this into something way smoother, more user friendly and sense-making later. I want to give them some time after the holidays and see what they do with this. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

9 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

They allowed to keep Kavat-Kubrow abominations, so they will probably let players keep the original chargers if they were to alter the model in any way.

I'm personally not a fan of the new pets and would welcome something more original.

If i thought it'd be cool to have a charger as a pet, i'd heavily invest in infested charger specters and use those everywhere i went...  but i don't.  What the hell is the point of making a pet out of a reused asset when you can already get a temporary pet that looks better and does pretty much the same S#&$?