Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

HEMA Final Word - No Mutagen Drop or Cost change

Ciaus

2 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

I read it, just seems like alot of drama over one weapon....the plat price isnt outrageous.

Anyway, each to their own i suppose.

Basically:

"I got it for plat. It was easy. Why do people complain it's hard?"

1 minute ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Grind for prime sets...sell them...buy hema. 

I didnt buy hema btw. My clan is gonna research it. My friend has like 3k mutagen, and i have 1k...so only gotta grind for 1k. Not a big deal...i mean this game is centered around the grind. So i dont see what the big issue is.

Buying the Hema with plat doesn't complete the research.

I had about 350 samples after over 2 years of playing Warframe, so I had to grind another 4650 or so for the research in my solo ghost clan.

The issue is that putting the resource grind on clan research hits different players and clans very differently, and highlights the problem with clan tiers and resource multipliers.

21 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Grind for prime sets...sell them...buy hema. 

I didnt buy hema btw. My clan is gonna research it. My friend has like 3k mutagen, and i have 1k...so only gotta grind for 1k. Not a big deal...i mean this game is centered around the grind. So i dont see what the big issue is.

Basically:

"I totally didn't buy it for plat, but the Hema price is not outrageous"

"Farming for the Hema is also not hard - my clan is gonna research it"

31 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

So i dont see what the big issue is.

Of course you don't. Other people are willing to do (and have done) the bulk of the work for you, so why should you care?

People like you, sadly, are largely incapable of thinking outside the box and stepping into other people's shoes.

Actually me and my friend are the warlords of the clan. Everything researched in it has come from us. 

Noone did it for me. Noone will. Hes fairly inactive playing other games...i play this one predominantly...havnt missed but maybe 8 or 9 logins since i started playing. Im mr20, and i dont see what the big deal is. 

Buy with platinum or grind for mute samples...its not rocket science people.

2 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

You read but do not understand. So read some of the posts in this thread slowly, particularly the op.

Let me sum up for you some of points discussed here:

- Absurdly high resource costs, a 1000% increase over the combined costs of all other Bio Lab research.

- MS is an uncommon resource that drops from one tyleset, and can only be farmed efficiently from 2 mission types.

- Lack of understanding on the part of DE that clans are not 100% active, and the idea of sitting for hours, with a meta squad, to farm one resource for one research project is not appealing to a lot of players.

- Poor response from DE: at first they said they would increase drop rates for MS, effectively nerfing all other Biolab research, that for the most part was somewhat balanced. They eventually went back on this, because apparently it rains MS in derelicts, so their answer is "go farm". They didnt even consider increasing MS drops on Eris to match drop rates on Derelict, so you know, people dont have to stand in the same place while farming.

- Some view this as a broken promise from DE, since they claimed in 2016 that they would reduce the time players spend grinding. DE has said that they have the intention to increase research costs (although not as much high as Hema). 

- Lack of assurances that Hema will not be used to gate future Bio Lab content, which would force players that have no interest in Hema, to farm her anyways.

- All in all, this makes the Hema look like a cash grab, since how you well put it "you can trade for plat and buy it". Platinum comes from somewhere, even if its not your pocket.

If you read carefully you might actually notice, that there are other players that have researched the Hema and still consider it outrageous. Now im not saying you have to agree with this thread, but if you see nothing wrong with the Hema research cost, and everything is perfect, then what the hell are you doing here?

Edited by John89brensen

1 hour ago, John89brensen said:

You read but do not understand. So read some of the posts in this thread slowly, particularly the op.

Let me sum up for you some of points discussed here:

- Absurdly high resource costs, a 1000% increase over the combined costs of all other Bio Lab research.

- MS is an uncommon resource that drops from one tyleset, and can only be farmed efficiently from 2 mission types.

- Lack of understanding on the part of DE that clans are not 100% active, and the idea of sitting for hours, with a meta squad, to farm one resource for one research project is not appealing to a lot of players.

- Poor response from DE: at first they said they would increase drop rates for MS, effectively nerfing all other Biolab research, that for the most part was somewhat balanced. They eventually went back on this, because apparently it rains MS in derelicts, so their answer is "go farm". They didnt even consider increasing MS drops on Eris to match drop rates on Derelict, so you know, people dont have to stand in the same place while farming.

- Some view this as a broken promise from DE, since they claimed in 2016 that they would reduce the time players spend grinding. DE has said that they have the intention to increase research costs (although not as much high as Hema). 

- Lack of assurances that Hema will not be used to gate future Bio Lab content, which would force players that have no interest in Hema, to farm her anyways.

- All in all, this makes the Hema look like a cash grab, since how you well put it "you can trade for plat and buy it". Platinum comes from somewhere, even if its not your pocket.

If you read carefully you might actually notice, that there are other players that have researched the Hema and still consider it outrageous. Now im not saying you have to agree with this thread, but if you see nothing wrong with the Hema research cost, and everything is perfect, then what the hell are you doing here?

That´s the last time i tolerate DE poorly design/game development choices!

Today, after playing since Janurary 2014 after tolerating DE bad choices over the years... Never saw a year like 2016 with numerous brilliant ideais/suggestions, and the year that DE didn´t listen to most of they so it is my time to quit the game for good.

I hope that the new players have fun and continue that way because i do not play games that have a development anti-player team.

Farewell, despide DE composture, the only fun i had not were because of what DE did but because i played with my friends.

6 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

Of course you don't. Other people are willing to do (and have done) the bulk of the work for you, so why should you care?

People like you, sadly, are largely incapable of thinking outside the box and stepping into other people's shoes.

Yeah. Like I said before:

10 hours ago, Ditto132 said:

P.S. You know what, most of the people who complain about "drama", usually are inconsiderate, wanting instant gratification and does not sympathize with others.

Maybe he need to be put into the same situation to really understand...

5 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Yup, it is not rocket science. It is math and logic...

1 hour ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

I just don't see an issue. Any who, have a good day:)

Still, doesn't seem like you did assimilate anything that I recommended you to read.
I gave you few hours to check them out, but seem like you are too fast to reply... instead of reading and thinking through it.

6 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Actually me and my friend are the warlords of the clan. Everything researched in it has come from us. 

Noone did it for me. Noone will. Hes fairly inactive playing other games...i play this one predominantly...havnt missed but maybe 8 or 9 logins since i started playing. Im mr20, and i dont see what the big deal is. 

The things listed in this thread are not rocket science to us. To you on the other hand - it's interdimensional space travel science by the looks of it....

I guess the isue from what i'm reading are the casuals that make up a clan, i don't think casual players care about hema in this sandbox game, it is unlikely that they have the goal to "get everything" because they know from the start they can't have such an unreasonable goal.

Now, even casual gameplay can provide mutagens, i mean i find 1 or 2 per mission that have them, hives give 3 in the caches, so even if the other members are tasked with 1000 mutagen to compensate for one particular player, 1000 isn't much, i already talked about this but each day lowers the grind per day required to get a specific value.

If the entire clan is made up of casual players that don't give samples to begin with, then yes they are screwed, but a clan like that doesn't need hema to begin with, since the goal isn't to get everything, this weapon doesn't stop them from completing nodes or from getting specific rotation C rewards, not having Hema isn't an issue.

Now, in clans where casual players make up the most of the bulk, this leads to some serious grinding, i guess a grind for veterans above 10k starts to get unreasonable.

To solve this, get a grip on the clan management, and don't think of eating more than what you can chew, if a moon clan with 100 members has 90 members that don't contribute a single sample then you will have issues, but again kicking and inviting other players and not being a moon clan to begin with should have been top priority.

"but they are friends, i can't kick them". And why not? if they aren't playing the game what benefit can they have in a clan to begin with.

All i see in this topic is poor decisions, decision to stay in clans that don't play, decisions to do poor management in the clan, poor decisions regarding gameplay (altough acceptable if you are new to the game), decisions not to give a few samples when you clealry can, decisions of not giving samples so the others can do it for you, decisions of not playing the game to begin with but expecting things done when you return from your anual visit.

Edited by KIREEK

19 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

All i see in this topic is poor decisions, decision to stay in clans that don't play, decisions to do poor management in the clan, poor decisions regarding gameplay (altough acceptable if you are new to the game), decisions not to give a few samples when you clealry can, decisions of not giving samples so the others can do it for you, decisions of not playing the game to begin with but expecting things done when you return from your anual visist.

DE haven't said a single thing about the Hema costs being a tool intended to bring about massive restructuring of clans; It's much more likely that the impact of the Hema on clans was simply miscalculated.

In fact they've even talked about the need to make sure that the upcoming clan 'investigation' feature works for all types of clans, even solo ghost clans.

Warframe is a game we play for fun, not an experiment in social engineering. If DE want us to kick players from clans and downsize then I expect them to come out and actually state that and not 'imply' it through a 100x increase in research costs.

2 hours ago, KIREEK said:

I guess the ise from what i'm reading are the casuals that make up a clan, i don't think casual players care about hema in this sandbox game, it is unlikely that they have the goal to "get everything" because they know from the start they can't have such an unreasonable goal.

It is not just casuals, even veterans notice the unreasonable cost imposed on the research.
Also, Warframe is not a sandbox game...

I have a good idea, how about DE just changes the research so it IS 500 per player, but instead of having it at the maximum number of people per clan, have it be the number of people IN the clan, that way, it's actually fair on solo clans/clans with less than full people.

I guess the ise from what i'm reading are the casuals that make up a clan, i don't think casual players care about hema in this sandbox game, it is unlikely that they have the goal to "get everything" because they know from the start they can't have such an unreasonable goal.

I guess you are trying to imply that the people posting in this thread are "casuals", yet quite a few of us have the Hema already. I had the necessary mutagen samples for my solo ghost clan 5 days after I started posting in the anti-Hema threads without spending a single plat or even ducat for boosters. I've put 4 forma in my Hema and even have a +160% damage riven in it. And it's still crap, by the way. You still don't have half the frames in this game, still don't have the Hema, and as an exemplary "non-casual" not even the Aklex. Compared to me you are the ultra casual here.

And it's not a sandbox game, but I guess why limit your ignorance to mutagen samples, clans and Hema research, right?

So in summary - you are as clueless and ignorant as you were a month ago, Mr. Casual.

All i see in this topic is poor decisions, decision to stay in clans that don't play, decisions to do poor management in the clan, poor decisions regarding gameplay (altough acceptable if you are new to the game), decisions not to give a few samples when you clealry can, decisions of not giving samples so the others can do it for you, decisions of not playing the game to begin with but expecting things done when you return from your anual visist.

All I see in your posts is poor to non-existent knowledge of what you're even talking about, total lack of demonstration that you did even a tenth of the crap that you're preaching, continuosly poor decision-making as in posting the same brainfarts over and over and over and the seemingly impressive delusion of actually believing somebody buys or will buy your crap any time soon despite of many posts to the contrary.

And the Hema research costs are still utter BS.

3 minutes ago, Goodwill said:

Hence why I use the word "clarify". Or should I just make assumptions like most people here?

Lots of graphics and numbers and stuff at the beginning. If you're oblivious to this topic you might put the time into it to read a few things.

In fact you can probably find "clarification" every few pages when someone came in and posted something along the lines of "so what's wrong with it?" so I'm not gonna do this again when it's already been done ~20 times.

1 minute ago, Helljack84 said:

Lots of graphics and numbers and stuff at the beginning. If you're oblivious to this topic you might put the time into it to read a few things.

In fact you can probably find "clarification" every few pages when someone came in and posted something along the lines of "so what's wrong with it?" so I'm not gonna do this again when it's already been done ~20 times.

If you aren't going to answer the question, don't bother. A simple yes, no, silence, would've sufficed.