The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove the Infested Cyst

acehalk

I have to agree with OP, just, I'm intentionally taking only two of my frames into public play because *bleep* *bleep* space herpes.

If I had to choose between having this thing, and a charger pet eventually, or, getting rid of it, and never ever seeing the charger pet.. I would dump that charger like.. a throbby lump of cancer sticking to my neck.. EWW..

WTB space herpes vaccination.

7 hours ago, Ailissa said:

I haven't played much since the cyst thing started.

I built Nidus, didn't know how it infected people, someone told me it's just from contact and shelved Nidus. Got a level 8 frame i'll only be able to level solo because I don't want to annoy other people.

It needs more than a cure. It needs a complete rework or that will be a pretty useless frame.

To infect others you need to first open the infested room and then get injected, and only once the pink cyst appears on Nidus you can infect others. 

And mind you, Nidus is really really good, we just need an actuall cure.

I just created the Kubrow just to get rid of the gross thing on my warframe's neck, but it's still on all of my other warframes.  I hate looking at it.  Do I need to create and consign a kubrow every time I get the virus and for every warframe who has it?  It makes me sick to think about it and I don't want to play warframe with this gross thing on my warframe's neck.  It's like dealing with a computer virus; please do something about it.

That is istelf not a problem the problem is this regrow after you drop it and still no cure. Better to avoid nidus and infected players. Hopefully DE will implement some cure for those whom not want this and doesn't want a charger as pet. Why force players to have an abomination if they doesn't want at all?

1 minute ago, NoggDog117 said:

I think the infection spreading thing should never have even been considered. It's an eyesore, it's annoying, and there's no way to avoid it besides solo play. It simply should not be.

Agreed, worst idea...

And actually the only way to get rid of this cancer is creating an army of infested chargers...

Guess that settles it. I will be buying Nidus today instead of farming him because these threads are priceless! Haha. 

Honestly though, as soon as the Devs come back from their well deserved break it will be changed, removed, optioned etc. 

Just relax and be happy that 2016 is finally the F*** over. 

Still buying Nidus today, so run and hide my little pets!

3 hours ago, Ksilisab said:

This is by far the worst update these braindead devs put out. they literally put out a reused enemy model as a new pet and they made this stupid pink cyst garbage. Now I have to waste my credits and my time to get rid of it and I even have to wait 7 GOD FORSAKEN DAYS to get rid of that nasty bull----.

Now, tell me how this is ANY DIFFERENT than the multitude of questions and begging for "Zanuka dead warframes pet DE, make it happen please!!!"?

3 hours ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Yeah be salty man, trust me alot of us here have the same opinion in regards to the puss bubble and pet model. 

Just remember these are real people and they do try their best. We wouldn't be here if Warframe wasn't unreal to play. 😊

And they are failing at providing satisfying content to the playerbase that supplies their paychecks, business and feelings do not and should not mix, so call him "salty" if you want but I say make your voice heard, don't shy away from posting your dissatisfaction to them, despite people insulting you with memes.. Ugh.

Edited by Sengsara

Just now, Sengsara said:

And they are failing at providing satisfying content to the playerbase that pays their paychecks, business and feelings do not and should not mix, so call him "salty" if you want but I say make your voice heard, don't shy away from posting your dissatisfaction to them, despite people insulting you with memes.. Ugh.

I've spent 1000s on the game and i am not happy with alot of the recent choices. But they are still just people and the best way to get changes is to talk to them in a proper manner. ☺

The bloke refered to them as brain dead devs. All that will do is lock the thread if it continues or they will completely ignore us.😕

As i said to him be as salty as you want but we need to keep it in the correct way and not go personal on them.

The wiki must have been mistaken in its claim. The wiki says that the infection is only spread by infected Nidus players, but I've never even seen a Nidus in game yet and still somehow managed to get that thing growing on my neck.

I haven't played a whole lot recently due to burnout and other games capturing my interest, but I would like a means to get rid of it if for no other reason than my Tenno considers the infestation to be little more than a virulent disease... trying to tame it or control it is playing with fire, and the fact that we aren't given ANY options to deal with it at all is a bit limiting and disappointing.

1 minute ago, FLSH_BNG said:

The wiki must have been mistaken in its claim. The wiki says that the infection is only spread by infected Nidus players, but I've never even seen a Nidus in game yet and still somehow managed to get that thing growing on my neck.

I haven't played a whole lot recently due to burnout and other games capturing my interest, but I would like a means to get rid of it if for no other reason than my Tenno considers the infestation to be little more than a virulent disease... trying to tame it or control it is playing with fire, and the fact that we aren't given ANY options to deal with it at all is a bit limiting and disappointing.

I am not sure what is true or not but I have also a Nidus but never sat on the seat in the room and since I just played solo but somehow infected and that thing matured fully on my neck. So I cannot play now basically public cuz not want infect others and not want to get with my other frames the infection. A serum or something needs for it because I guess many players not wanted this at all and not in this form so if they want manage their reputation they should do something against the infection because I doesn't wanted any pet at all and Not by the fashion but that thing is disgusting.

You can get infected by coming in contact with other infected warframes; that's probably what some of you are experiencing. Happened to me a few times while trading.

Smart money says there'll be a cure once DE is back from the holidays this week.