Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove the Infested Cyst

acehalk

So there is no way to remove the cyst right now?

Is there eventually going to be an option where you can choose to become immune to the helminth virus?

If so then the people who like the cyst and/or spreading the cyst would be able to freely continue, and the players who don't like the cyst would not become infected again.

1 minute ago, IceWraith48 said:

So there is no way to remove the cyst right now?

Is there eventually going to be an option where you can choose to become immune to the helminth virus?

If so then the people who like the cyst and/or spreading the cyst would be able to freely continue, and the players who don't like the cyst would not become infected again.

That's why this post was made lol.

I really, really doubt that there's any secret final stage already implemented. We'll just have to wait and suffer meanwhile.

I'm only using two frames (infested) in public at the moment and I'm reluctant to use them there to spread the misery, alas I want the additional relic chances. I've stopped doing sorties though, because screw that. It was bad enough to barely get any worthwhile rewards, but to infest more of my frames for nothing? No way.

1 minute ago, ShogunGunshow said:

Obviously there's going to be a way to remove it. They would never intend for this to me permanent.

They just haven't, you know... added it in yet. Because they want this to be a community experience.

HERE YA GO COMMUNITY EXPERIENCE THE SPACE AIDS TOGETHER! I get that they intended to make it so everyone could get the Heleminth Charger, and I approve of it, though it was really not the best move to introduce the plague without having a cure in place and ready.

23 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

FIrst of all we got enoguh of those threads, use the search function.

Secondly, the Morality change was caused due a bug at the end choice of Glast Gambit and has nothing to do with the Cyst

Third, you can expect this thread vanishing and beeing merged with alot of others with the same subject.

For you, dear knight.

@Sairuken

I agree that the cyst is a problem in general.

Edited by Lysta

8 minutes ago, IceWraith48 said:

Would the secret final stage of the virus be part of another quest? That is if there actually is a secret final stage.

They did release the glast gambit quest pretty quickly after the war within.

It's probably to do with the bard frame, due to one of the dialogues that Helminth says. Obviously we're supposed to interact more with him, with it all leading somewhere.

Further out, it may be part of the arm-cannon system or be related to the focus schools in some way, who knows. I'm not holding my breath anyway, as it'll either come soon and not be worth the wait (considering the door being locked for soooo long) or it'll be another half year or more before we finally see the conclusion.
Who knows, maybe it'll be epic.

Actually, I think what the developers did was genius. This is the ultimate trolling experience. They not only tricked people into getting the virus, but they also designed it to spread to other accounts that don't even have Nidus. I am sure there was lots of players who knew this was contagious and was purposely spreading it around.

I do not know however how this is going to affect their profit share. They must be doing a good job financially if they can pull off a stunt like this.

If you get around to making the cure, please make sure you make it affordable, but come at a significant cost. Put a significant price for their vanity.

That Twitter post was made before the first Cyst matured for Helminth Chargers to be made. I think we've already seen this final stage.

But yes, I am curious to see how they plan to approach a potential vaccine to the virus. Players who don't have Nidus can get infected as well, so do they have to complete The Glast Gambit or buy Nidus before they can access the Infested Room's medical equipment to synthesize one? Or will it be a Market Blueprint anyone can craft?

8 minutes ago, ProjectAnomaly said:

Actually, I think what the developers did was genius. This is the ultimate trolling experience. They not only tricked people into getting the virus, but they also designed it to spread to other accounts that don't even have Nidus. I am sure there was lots of players who knew this was contagious and was purposely spreading it around.

I do not know however how this is going to affect their profit share. They must be doing a good job financially if they can pull off a stunt like this.

If you get around to making the cure, please make sure you make it affordable, but come at a significant cost. Put a significant price for their vanity.

I agree.

When plaque starts to spread , it takes time to make cure. 

So to all the more experienced players who keep better track of these things, is there any word on when this cyst is finally going away?
I raised TWO chargers and promptly threw them out the airlock, and it STILL GROWS BACK.

This has become so utterly distracting that I have seriously quit playing until it is gone. I get that sure, you have to drain it. But then it should be gone. Like gone gone.

I am certain that I am not alone in this, but I would like to come back. So, any word on the next patch to fix this?

2 hours ago, Nelizar said:

[DE] themselves have stated that the removal will be patched in.

They should have included that before they put it in the game at all. But no, they just "had" to rush it out before the new year. And you have no right to judge whether people are allowed to care about this or not. Especially given that it has a mechanical effect on the game (alignment).

Edited by DreamsmithJane

4 minutes ago, d34d0n1mp4ckt said:

So to all the more experienced players who keep better track of these things, is there any word on when this cyst is finally going away?
I raised TWO chargers and promptly threw them out the airlock, and it STILL GROWS BACK.

This has become so utterly distracting that I have seriously quit playing until it is gone. I get that sure, you have to drain it. But then it should be gone. Like gone gone.

I am certain that I am not alone in this, but I would like to come back. So, any word on the next patch to fix this?

" This has become so utterly distracting that I have seriously quit playing until it is gone. "

Best solution for that is going to a good psychologist .

Edited by Yagamilight123

Sure sure, I'm shallow and pedantic. But I am not the only one complaining either.
Its really annoying, and actually quite distracting.

1 minute ago, Yagamilight123 said:

" This has become so utterly distracting that I have seriously quit playing until it is gone. "

Best solution for that is going to a good psychologist .

What if I am the psychologist? Who does a psychologist see if they need a psychologist? O.o