Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Here's a person that wants to keep the Infested Charger look for the Helminth Charger. Give us the option for this.

Mak_Gohae

13 hours ago, AhLiu338 said:

They gonna let you have it, for a plats.

not a good idea. The people that dont like the look should be the one pay plats to change.

13 hours ago, DeMeritus said:

I would love a gameplay unlockable option for people to have a skin for their helminth charger to look like an infested charger.

Would be very win!  <3

The infested charger puppy is too adorable for some freakish reason!

I've incubated a second helminth charger, specifically so I can have a baby charger wandering my ship.  D'awwww!

Yeah a quest or something like that is fine, too.

BTW, they should let us have several pups roaming around the ship.  Kinda sucks that the pup takes up your pet slot.

I'm seeing a lot of, "Oh people complained so now they're changing it!" so I have to ask...

You all do realize, don't you, that the 'new' model is what they originally wanted for it, right? The whole idea with the Helminth Charger was that it was tied in to Nidus, and using the Infested Charger model was basically just a placeholder. They also pretty clearly stated that the Infested Charger will be given as an alternate skin, so chill.

Op weren't you the guy that complained when they announced they were changing the ugly kavat face?

Now you might just have weird taste but some might suspect you are just a contrarian at this point.

it makes much more sense that the helminth would look like Nidus than a grineer. Also this game isnt a stranger to placeholder models.

Charger is comng as a skin, cheer up man, things ain't so bad.

I think even without DE statements it was fairly obvious the chargers were a placeholders with their recycled skin on a kubrow skeleton, kubrow mods, and buggy attachments?

DE has stated that the charger look will be kept as a skin. 

Not only does it go against lore, it also does not fit in with the rest of the Nidus and Helminth aesthetic.

It's not about people complaining, it's about maintaining cohesion and immersion.

21 hours ago, RoninJed said:

I said this would happen...people complain about a charger coming out of a kubrow egg and now DE confirms its just a placeholder and show cool concept art for what it will look like and boom...people want to keep the charger look hehe.

But it's not a place holder. The people that didnt like the charger pet quickly asked about this on twitter and they said that this was intended.

Some people made a lot of noise and now apparently the people this was intended for are being thrown out of consideration.

This is what makes this super annoying.

21 hours ago, Tyrian3k said:

Didn't they say that they want to keep the charger as a skin? Am I remembering this wrong? What's the problem with that?

The problem with that is that the people that are fine with the look are now going to have to drop plat to keep it. And it should be the other way around, if you dont like what's there then pay for a different look.

2 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

The problem with that is that the people that are fine with the look are now going to have to drop plat to keep it. And it should be the other way around, if you dont like what's there then pay for a different look.

There should be no plat involved period. And I am 100% convinced there won't be. 

DE wouldn't let us use our helminth chargers for a few weeks, heavily change the skin to a totally different look, and then tell us we can only use the old skin we got used to be coughing up dough. I am confidant those who already have a helminth charger will be grandfathered in. Until then I withhold my complaints. 

While I think it makes a bit more sense to actually have the more detailed infested kubrow be the base model (as a unique model can account for discrepancies in size/shape/pattern/look in general, which is important for kubrow breeders, whereas apart from coloring and armor, it seems all helminth chargers look exactly the same), I also want the option to be able to have my pet look like a charger if I wish. And if I want my pet to still look like a charger, I should not have to pay platinum, not after being able to get used to enjoying the look for a few weeks time. 

1 hour ago, Mak_Gohae said:

But it's not a place holder. The people that didnt like the charger pet quickly asked about this on twitter and they said that this was intended.

Some people made a lot of noise and now apparently the people this was intended for are being thrown out of consideration.

This is what makes this super annoying.

But but lore...seriously the way people nit pick over crap like this in Warframe is absurd. People through a fit over valkyr prime's lore not making sense...then complain that they can't keep the charger look which really makes no sense at all for it to look like that coming from a kubrow egg and you don't even have to go by lore to see that hehe. Meanwhile Overwatch a AAA game that gets great reviews and is the new greatest game ever has next to no lore what so ever (lore stuff like why are those people even fighting in the first place) and fans say they don't care and defend it...people these days...I give up:facepalm:

44 minutes ago, RoninJed said:

But but lore...seriously the way people nit pick over crap like this in Warframe is absurd. People through a fit over valkyr prime's lore not making sense...then complain that they can't keep the charger look which really makes no sense at all for it to look like that coming from a kubrow egg and you don't even have to go by lore to see that hehe. Meanwhile Overwatch a AAA game that gets great reviews and is the new greatest game ever has next to no lore what so ever (lore stuff like why are those people even fighting in the first place) and fans say they don't care and defend it...people these days...I give up:facepalm:

We're not nit picking. We have a pet we like the look of that we don't want changing. We aren't the ones whining, the ones that want it changing have whined since it came out.

Overwatch has quite a lot of lore if you look for it. It doesn't have quests but it has backstory.

2 hours ago, Ailissa said:

We're not nit picking. We have a pet we like the look of that we don't want changing. We aren't the ones whining, the ones that want it changing have whined since it came out.

It's called reasonable critics. The Infested Charger model doesn't fit the story, it also can't handle the kubrow animations and armor. Or try to say that it supposed to look like this

HYtqttU.jpg

Such a cutie, isn't he? 

2 hours ago, Ailissa said:

Overwatch has quite a lot of lore if you look for it. It doesn't have quests but it has backstory.

Right..Overwatch does have lore...if you look for it outside the actual game. Thats something Warframe has been (and still does) criticized for and I think DE has been doing a good job bringing more lore (and getting better at explaining how things work) into the game. Honestly when I saw the charger coming out of a kubrow egg I immediately thought (and expected) it was a place holder. I know people complain or joke about DE breaking the lore all the time but this charger look would probably be the worst case in my opinion. If DE does charge platinum it would cost what...25-50p for this one skin. I really don't think they will do that. I could see it being something we can get for free but we would have to play to get it and I guess that could still upset some people. I apologize for saying whiners and instead I will say some of you are just hypocrites looking for something to complain about.

Edited by RoninJed

22 minutes ago, RoninJed said:

hypocrites

I'm not looking to pick a fight but I am curious as to how we're hypocrites?

They gave me something and now they are changing it. We were told the charger look will be a skin which usually costs platinum. 

Yes, that annoys me. I like how my charger looks. As long as the skin is free I have nothing to complain about but I do think it should have been the other way. Make a skin with a new look for those that don't like the charger.

This is what happens when you don't implement things correctly in an attempt to make a bit of extra cash at Christmas with the whole Nidus and extras. They should have waited until they came back and implemented it correctly.

This isn't hypocrisy, whining or complaining. This is criticising the terrible implementation of new items in an attempt to make a bit of money over Christmas.

Why don't we all wait for DE to make a move and set the things in motion? 

We still haven't even seen the completed new skin, and we still don't know if the Charger skin will cost plat (i doubt it does, but its true it needs quite some work to fix correctly with the kubrow squeleton)

It has just been anounced and people are already jumping at each other's throat without knowing more about it because of possible platinum costs, calm down people, we are Tenno, not Corpus

2 hours ago, Xolot said:

Why don't we all wait for DE to make a move and set the things in motion? 

It's easier to let them know what we don't want or don't like before they implement it.

This way they have an idea of what to do or what not to do and saves a hell of a lot of time if we wait for them to do it first.

1 hour ago, Ailissa said:

It's easier to let them know what we don't want or don't like before they implement it.

This way they have an idea of what to do or what not to do and saves a hell of a lot of time if we wait for them to do it first.

Its easier until we ourselves start to argue, so in the end DE has no idea of what we want.

I'm quite sure DE knows already we don't want charger skin for plat, but its quite clear that no matter how much we talk about it, if DE wants to keep it plat only against popular opinion, so will it be (hema). We can only wait and pray

On 1/6/2017 at 3:59 PM, Tesseract7777 said:

I don't see what you are really worried about here? As long as DE provides an alternate skin to still show off the Charger look, they are pleasing literally everyone. Why split hairs over whether the look you prefer is the base model or the alternate skin? \

Edit: I really think your main complaint is mostly that you are worried DE is going to make you pay with plat to keep the look you enjoy. 

I highly doubt that. I am almost 100% certain that they will allow people who already have a helminth charger before they change the look, to keep the charger appearance free of charge if they so choose. I am sure they will give out the charger skin free to those who already had one. 

i dont see where you get the idea that with almost a 100% certainty the alt skin will be free given. Specially a skin thats a totally different model. I dont think that they have given a different model skin ever for free. And the Hyekka skin gene masking kit cost more than the standard likely because it's a different model rather than a different fur pattern.

So it's up in the air to what they are going to do with it. Plus it's not like they definitely said the standard charger alt skin is coming along, they said they are playing with the idea.

On 1/6/2017 at 4:04 PM, HerpDerpy said:

one thing they need to do for sure is make it more visible to players that its not an enemy. multiple times in missions ill be shooting at someones charger for a good 10 seconds because it looks exactly like the enemy.

Why would you stay for 10 seconds shooting at a charger that is not taking damage and have an unique name on top of it?

You dont pay attention at what you are shooting at?

On 1/6/2017 at 4:04 PM, Xekrin said:

The same stream also said a skin for the charger would likely exist, so there is really nothing to complain about, is there?

Likely doesnt mean it's a definite and an alt skin LIKELY means plat.

You want the charger look so you push to keep that as the original look, which forces people who don't like the charger look to get the new skin. 

That's the way it should be. If you dont like the implemented look you should be the one to look for something else.

Well, I don't like the charger look and push for the "Nidog" look to be its default and have you get the charger skin.  Who will win?!

You Nidog people won. We are getting that Nidog skin as a standard and maybe a charger alt.

8 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

i dont see where you get the idea that with almost a 100% certainty the alt skin will be free given. Specially a skin thats a totally different model. I dont think that they have given a different model skin ever for free. And the Hyekka skin gene masking kit cost more than the standard likely because it's a different model rather than a different fur pattern.

So it's up in the air to what they are going to do with it. Plus it's not like they definitely said the standard charger alt skin is coming along, they said they are playing with the idea.

Actually I am pretty sure they were close to 100% on giving people a way to still use the Charger skin somehow. I watched the same devstream as you. 

But let's not act like this is the same situation as the Hyekka Gene Masking kit... it's not. 

The Hyekka look was not the original look for a type of Kavat you could make offered without plat, allowed to be used for weeks, then taken away and replaced with a plat only skin. 

Not grandfathering people in would be breaking a lot of DE's own precedent. All signs to them not making you pay plat for it if you already had one. DE tends to let you keep what you already had somehow when they can. 

No, we don't know for sure. But this is nothing like the Hyekka situation man. 

If they don't grandfather in those who already have a charger, I will raise my complaints then. Until then I withhold my judgment. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

I don't get the controversy. DE has had placeholders before. Remember Tyl upside-down face Regor? Kela short bus De Thayme? I think Hek was just some guy till he became a turkey. Banshee is just a placeholder for Bardframe (I'm kidding AGHHH)

And as for free skins, I mean helmets are free in alerts a day after they come out. It's happened before.

On 1/6/2017 at 10:37 PM, JalakBali said:

Someone made a very good suggestion some time ago that the regular Charger model should be a BP that drops from Phorid. It also makes lore sense that you took Phorid's design to create a "fake" appearance for your pet.

It makes more lore sense to get a BP from Phorid than having one already in an infested lab in your ship?

It's an infested labd in your ship, what do you think it's happening in there?

On 1/7/2017 at 4:11 AM, texrei said:

Hema cost? Nova Deluxe? Banshee Deluxe? Nerfs? I don't remember when they reverse changes they've made. Or something that is already in progress.

i didnt say it was 100% success but stuff has been changed.

Zapper balls gone, broken lights changed, Muta-Osprey nerfed, stamina gone, Vac on all sentinels under 1 mod, you even got through that silly idea of slow weapons having a disadvantage with Nullies. The Nullies will now have one weak spot.

No. There were posts on twitter when they said, that the model is supposed to be different, so it it's their wish to make it different, at first place.

Can you link to where you got this?

Cause on twitter Steve said the charger is the charger.

Why you people want it to look like Infested Charger? Don't you see it makes no sense? Nidus, our personal piece of infestation that DOES NOT look like anything before, Helminth, the neck cyst, the new mechanics. And the old peasant charger, yea.

1- Cause we people like having pets made up of enemy mobs.

2- how does it not make sense? Can you explain using game lore?

3- Why would you compare a warframe to a pet?

Kraft your specter if you like the model.

Plus kubrow animations and armor, it fits your charger horrible.

A specter is not a pet.

Of course, they need to fix that. No one is saying dont fix that. For some reason they allowed armor for the charger when they didnt for the hyekka.

4 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

It makes more lore sense to get a BP from Phorid than having one already in an infested lab in your ship?

It's an infested labd in your ship, what do you think it's happening in there?

You seriously suggesting DE put more stuff in Infested research after Hema fiasco?

Also, lore wise, why would the Tenno research a cosmetic change of appearance of their space dog?