The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The worst riven mod to unlock in the game. (Stealth Rivens)

Whitedragon1204

I do enjoy our new rivens and how they give more interesting moments in our favorite underdog guns, but some requirements are painful broken. 

The one I got after a field of endo was a Pistol Riven mod that required:

"Get 15 kills in a row while wall dashing or wall clinging, without touching the floor, without raising alarms......."

I do not even know where to even start so I could to unlock this.

1--- "Getting 15 kills on walls "......ok hard but there are plenty of mods there to keep me in the air.

2--- "without touching the floor"........ UM, ok most of the maps besides corpus has walls that do not stick and one little geometry mistake, one little bump on a wall will break it. I also discovered that your face will cover your screen if you zoom in so good luck blind firing.

3--- "Without raising alarms".......WTF.....   

That last part just broke the mod for me. This means it has to be a Spy/Capture/Exterminate and a few others but the point is that this means the enemies will only get into the room SO SLOW. So add that killing 15 will be painfully slow (Because warframe is known to be a slow pace game right?), and that you will be stuck in a room because there is no way of getting pass doors this challenge is stabbing in the eyes painfully. You are going to have a massively disappointing experience when working through all that bull instead of farming for relics and other fun stuff to just end up a riven mod that might have a gun you want to bring back to life.

I am ok with the first 2.....it would be hard but still fun, but the 3rd part was just ridiculous. 

I have 8 riven mods so far and this one is by far the worst one I got. 

Edited by Whitedragon1204

As someone just said, use Ember + WoF.

Raising alarms is literally referring to alerting the map with an alarm, not necessarily someone seeing it.  If it said "without being detected" then I'd say good luck, but as is you're very likely overcomplicating it.

I'm just trying to work out how feasible it it to even get 15 enemies in a room with the alarms off.  I agree with using Ember for the wall-cling challenges, but I've always relied on enemies running towards me to get the numbers I needed.  I supposes you could use Mirage or Vauban to block the alarm panels and just alert a few rooms without letting them actually sound the alarm.  Or maybe just play normally until a syndicate sends a death squad after you?  This is a pretty hefty challenge yeah...  Someone in my clan is still working on a 35+ no-damage defense riven.

Also wow it feels weird seeing a visible Loki.

Later Thought:  If you felt like being a jerk, you could bring a power strength-down Mag build and use magnetize and pull to gather enemies from across the level.  Certainly has its problems, but you might also find it therapeutic.

Edited by EternalFireseal

2 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Yours is still easy, i unveiled one yesturday that took me two weeks to get.

Complete a lvl 30 or higher Extermination Mission without being detected wile a Extinguished Dragon Key (-50% Damage) is equiped.

Two words: Covert Lethality

Makes that trivial. As does a number of other high damage melee finishers.

As to OP that is not an issue of stealth rivens, just that particular combination of tasks.  Much like the random stats some combinations make little sense.

Edited by Loswaith

• 1 month later...
On 1/9/2017 at 11:34 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

Yours is still easy, i unveiled one yesturday that took me two weeks to get.

Complete a lvl 30 or higher Extermination Mission without being detected wile a Extinguished Dragon Key (-50% Damage) is equiped.

Loki - Perma Inv build
Dagger w/ Covert Lethality
Done!