The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nothing Wrong with Red and Black FashionFrames

FashionFrame

While I don't favor Black/Red color schemes for myself (I've seen some people use them with a compliment of white and it looks GORGEOUS) I can't see myself ever mocking someone or bullying them because they prefer to represent those colors.

I feel like every player should be able to free willingly represent their favorite colors without any backtalk, "edgy" colors or not.

1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Actually i would like your scientific evidence that red and black is the most pleasing. That kinda sounds like bs.

That said, no one should be bullied for the way they color their frame. Set it up in a way that is enjoyable for you to look at and ignore those people.

Color psychology, it's a simple google search. 

17 minutes ago, ComCray said:

What is this with all these "why the hate towards...." posts lately? I'm sorry but by now I call ..clemdrops on all of them. 
We are known to have the most inclusive, most friendly and helpful of communities out there. No way we would get this rep if people were being absolute clemmuffins against each other. In over three years I've maybe had one or two complaints about the frame I had or the way I was using it. And the latter were even more or less in the right since they specifically asked for Spore-Saryn on Bere and I wasn't aware of the meta at that time.  (I just thought they wanted Saryn for her charm... :P)

My oldest son, who is also a Tenno, has a tendency to just goof around a bit (apart from being the best Trinity you'll ever meet). Even he doesn't get any crap from other players apart from the occasional "you coming?". This afternoon I let my youngest (who is 10, I'm a horrible dad, I know) fark around a bit. Apart from one guy, who just aborted and left, all of the comments he got were helpful hints and nudges.

I get the feeling that either there's only one or two elitist numnuts out there and all these posts are about them OR people are just making up stuff because they need a reason to express how cool they think their specific [hated thing here] is.  Knowing a bit about humans I'm very much inclined to think the latter.

From now on I'd like to suggest following rule 32: pics or didn't happen.

And hate for your color scheme? Really? I don't buy it, except maybe in jest.

It's a real thing, no reason to make it up, I can say from my own experience, even when I dress in rainbows for my frames. 

5 minutes ago, FashionFrame said:

Color psychology, it's a simple google search. 

1) You didn't link me to any studies or evidence. 

2) I've done actual research on color psychology for articles, and never seen any such thing that you claim, so you are going to need to try harder and give me a link to some studies, instead of a dismissive and insulting comment that I just need to "google it". 

3) Color Psychology is an incredibly sketchy field that even most who study it agree is not actually up to scratch as a legitimate science, so good luck proving your case bud. 

You have a legitimate case about bullying. 

But in terms of your claims re: color, there is no evidence to suggest, even anecdotally, that black and red is universally the most pleasing color combination to the eye. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

20 minutes ago, ComCray said:

What is this with all these "why the hate towards...." posts lately? I'm sorry but by now I call ..clemdrops on all of them. 
We are known to have the most inclusive, most friendly and helpful of communities out there. No way we would get this rep if people were being absolute clemmuffins against each other. In over three years I've maybe had one or two complaints about the frame I had or the way I was using it. And the latter were even more or less in the right since they specifically asked for Spore-Saryn on Bere and I wasn't aware of the meta at that time.  (I just thought they wanted Saryn for her charm... :P)

My oldest son, who is also a Tenno, has a tendency to just goof around a bit (apart from being the best Trinity you'll ever meet). Even he doesn't get any crap from other players apart from the occasional "you coming?". This afternoon I let my youngest (who is 10, I'm a horrible dad, I know) fark around a bit. Apart from one guy, who just aborted and left, all of the comments he got were helpful hints and nudges.

I get the feeling that either there's only one or two elitist numnuts out there and all these posts are about them OR people are just making up stuff because they need a reason to express how cool they think their specific [hated thing here] is.  Knowing a bit about humans I'm very much inclined to think the latter.

From now on I'd like to suggest following rule 32: pics or didn't happen.

And hate for your color scheme? Really? I don't buy it, except maybe in jest.

Ikr

Just now, ComCray said:

What, this is what I meant! How is it full of Clem? It's popular because it's physiologically speaks to the individual. Red is a stand out color of power and/or love. Add that with a monochrome mix, makes the red stand out further. That wiki really is the proof XD

3 minutes ago, FashionFrame said:

It's a real thing, no reason to make it up, I can say from my own experience, even when I dress in rainbows for my frames. 

I can come up with a gazillion reasons why someone would want to make this up. Just like I can see why a person would want to make stuff up about, oh I dunno, research about color psychology showing people just LOVE black+red.

But if you get that much "hate" for your colorschemes on a regular basis there might be something else in play.. You know what is generally the case when everybody is being a clemhole to you...?

1 minute ago, FashionFrame said:

What, this is what I meant! How is it full of Clem? It's popular because it's physiologically speaks to the individual. Red is a stand out color of power and/or love. Add that with a monochrome mix, makes the red stand out further. That wiki really is the proof XD

no, that is you making generalised statements about a small bit of info. That red is a color that stands for emotion tells us NOTHING about how pleasing it is to the eyes. Walk into a red room and see what I mean. 
And the piece had absolutely nothing about "monochrome mixes". 
This is not how it works bro.

Now stop digging.. please..

1 minute ago, ComCray said:

I can come up with a gazillion reasons why someone would want to make this up. Just like I can see why a person would want to make stuff up about, oh I dunno, research about color psychology showing people just LOVE black+red.

But if you get that much "hate" for your colorschemes on a regular basis there might be something else in play.. You know what is generally the case when everybody is being a clemhole to you...?

Read post above with the wiki about colours, compilations and what red is and why it stands out the most than most colours to the human eye. And I'm not making it up, stop trying to play me as a bad guy, honestly. 

2 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Actually i would like your scientific evidence that red and black is the most pleasing. That kinda sounds like bs.

That said, no one should be bullied for the way they color their frame. Set it up in a way that is enjoyable for you to look at and ignore those people.

I think it has something to do with the dark colors not using much energy in the eye and the bloods color.

It's a classic color combo that works well.

People complain about it because it's often used, calling it "edgy" because anything that's remotely dark or "cool" may come off as semi-juvenile - God forbid you admit you actually might enjoy it! While I might use the word occasionally, I honestly hate it. It's a way to just dismiss someones taste or opinion.

I'm over 30 and I still enjoy 40k'esque "grim dark" settings. I think it's awesome. Poor taste? Maybe, but this is for enjoyment/entertainment, not art critique. If anyone treats Warframe as if it should be, they're honestly being a bit snobby and very pretentious.

Spoiler

mZTthZ5.jpg
(^ Pardon the clutter - I'm not rearranging my stuff for one example ^)

IrckpSO.jpg

(^ My contribution for Hydroxate's community picks, while using gold also relies on the red/dark combo ^)

Bring your edgy frame-game, I want to see more people embrace it.

Edit; added another edgeframe:

Spoiler

xyWzqr5.jpg

Dark Marine Nidus

Edited by Smilomaniac

2 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Game Theory had a video about the differences between the colors blue and red in gaming, and blue is said to improve gameplay in strategic games while red improves gameplay in aggressive games. So red and black is probably a fitting combination for Warframe.

9 minutes ago, Smilomaniac said:

People complain about it because it's often used, calling it "edgy" because anything that's remotely dark or "cool" may come off as semi-juvenile - God forbid you admit you actually might enjoy it! While I might use the word occasionally, I honestly hate it. It's a way to just dismiss someones taste or opinion.

I'm over 30 and I still enjoy 40k'esque "grim dark" settings. I think it's awesome. Poor taste? Maybe, but this is for enjoyment/entertainment, not art critique. If anyone treats Warframe as if it should be, they're honestly being a bit snobby and very pretentious.

Reveal hidden contents

mZTthZ5.jpg

IrckpSO.jpg

(^ My contribution for Hydroxate's community picks, while using gold also relies on the red/dark combo ^)

Reveal hidden contents

xyWzqr5.jpg

Dark Marine Nidus

Hella awesome fashion! 

10 minutes ago, Smilomaniac said:

Reveal hidden contents

mZTthZ5.jpg

IrckpSO.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

xyWzqr5.jpg

Dark Marine Nidus

Hella awesome fashion 

No Tenno should be abused for their colour schemes. But Red&Black on everything is perhaps the least creative option in a game that gives the player tons to work with. It's no surprise that players who overuse it get picked on and, while the criticism isn't put in the nicest of ways, it's still pretty valid.

To put a positive spin on this idea, the (constructive) criticism boils down to this: get creative! Try going for colours beyond the 3-4 tones from the top and bottom rows of Classic Saturated. Experiment with adding additional accent colours (white, purple, brown, etc.). There's nothing inherently wrong with the ol' red and black (my favourite Inaros loadout is styled after the Grineer Nightwatch Corps), but using just two basic colours is a missed creative opportunity.

EDIT: Smilomaniac here shows us some Red/Black done right. While still very clearly edgelord colour schemes, this Tenno puts in some extra ideas that make the FashionFrame work really well. Note that Nidus is using quite a bit of grey so his details don't get lost, and Titania has a white energy colour that really pops right out.

45 minutes ago, Smilomaniac said:
Spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

mZTthZ5.jpg

IrckpSO.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

xyWzqr5.jpg

Dark Marine Nidus

Edited by SenorClipClop
Saw some cool biz up top of the page.

10 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

But Red&Black on everything is perhaps the least creative option in a game that gives the player tons to work with.

That statement is exceedingly subjective. Since when are red and black colors excluded from creativity? Who honestly gives a rat's fart what other people choose to do creatively with their warframes?

3 hours ago, ArchPhaeton said:

Whoa... why would someone criticize anyone's color choices... what are we coming to?

Haters gonna hate, welcome to the Internet. 

So anyhow, not that it matters but personally I don't really care what someone else's Frame looks like. Go to the Relay on Baro Day and you'll just see all kinds of stuff going on.

IF someone has a style that appeals to me then I'll toss them a "nice looking (warframe-name)" message.

If not, then whatever if they like it no matter how fUgly I think it is, it's their thing, not mine.

The exception to all that is super obnoxiously bright energy colors but that's still pretty rare for it to reach a point where it triggers me.

And that pretty much has just come from the love to hate it SS+Mirage  combo with bright white energy and the very rare Vauban who does the same and loves to toss our Vortex bombs right where the fighting is heaviest.  You just can't see anything past that drek and trying to just makes your eyes bleed. =p

1 hour ago, Smilomaniac said:

Reveal hidden contents

mZTthZ5.jpg

IrckpSO.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

xyWzqr5.jpg

Dark Marine Nidus

Your gold accent makes that look even greater