The Glast Gambit: Update 19.6.0 + 19.6.0.1

[DE]Megan

Gj DE 

Much praise heaped up Nidus as "the Best Frame DE has ever made" and now... crushed by the nerf-bat already.

What was that, 2 whole weeks since release?! gg

Already been said by many others but, it's not like we haven't had plenty of reasons to hate Nullfiers, and you took a step forward on that one even, and then 2 steps back.

And another request that since the coding clearly exists in-game now can we please have it so that Nullifier bubbles also decay rather than flat out remove Rhino/Iron Skin, Frost/Snow Globe and Inaros/Scarab Swarm?

See, that'd be a step forward again. ;-)

SMH </3

Looks like Nidus goes in the "vs grineer and infested only" pile now.

In case anyone is wondering that pile is located out back, behind the woodshed. =p

Cheers...
~R~

p.s. Oh and speaking of Mirage. As some have pointed out, seems like a decent idea to keep the Cyst on at least one frame just in-case I want it for something later.

I'm going to keep it on Mirage. Since she is such a well-known cause of "cancer" as people like to call it.

Edited by Rolunde

1 hour ago, -AoN-Stalker- said:

how about giving ash kuga profile icon and frost harak profile icon for free for the one's who buy the bundle?

This would be great considering the last 2 bundles (Ash and Frost) have only been a frame and weapon skin compared to previous deluxe bundles being the frame skin, a weapon skin and something else (sugrata, syandana etc).

Now it's just 2 items for the same price of the old bundles which included 3 items.

17 minutes ago, BlueTunicLink said:

Well if it was needed or not isnt the issuse and its just whiners than all the more reason to use nidus right? Troll the whiners i say. Now i'm not gonna stop using nidus

I'll still play it, just the principle is what annoys me.

25 minutes ago, BlueTunicLink said:

Well if it was needed or not isnt the issuse and its just whiners than all the more reason to use nidus right? Troll the whiners i say. Now i'm not gonna stop using nidus

Nooooooo! Then they'll whine even more about how OP his 1 is and DE will effectively nerf the only major thing he has going for him.

No boost to Mutagen Sample drop amounts? Guess I'm not farming this weekend either.

As for Nidus, the changes don't look particularly problematic. I think everyone's just overreacting. As far as I can tell, the changes are:

• It now costs 15 Mutation stacks to activate Undying instead of 10. Okay. Whatever.
  • Mutation stacks slowly decrease when inside of a Nullifier bubble. Considering I'm basically never in a Nullifier bubble, that really makes no difference.
  • Maggots no longer explode on their own. That's good for me because they kept kill-stealing me before I could cast Virulence to regenerate energy.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

The Glast Gambit - Alignment Script

Without spoiling too much, we have a script incoming that fixes and applies the proper Alignment choices made in The Glast Gambit between the window of Dec 22 9am ET and Dec 23 10am ET. Further investigation from reports showed that ‘Moon’ choices gave a ‘Neutral’ outcome and vice versa during this window (was later fixed).

We will update this post when the script has finished!

Script is complete! Alignment has been corrected for those in the affected time window.

Thank you for this fix! However, I still have a concern regarding this quest. I am actually less bothered by the alignment change than the actual RESULT that I received from my actions.

While the alignment progression is fixed, there's still no proper retroactive fix for the E-MAIL that we receive at the end, and so while I picked to "Let Neewa choose", I got an e-mail suggesting I "Sent Neewa home" instead.

Since you guys made the effort of introducing this system within quests, and bringing players to be involved in the story/lore/characters this way, it would be wise, in my opinion, to make sure that such bugs are retroactively fixed so those who are involved are properly rewarded. Any chance of such a fix any time soon?

It really does leave a bitter feeling to me that the choice I made isn't registered due to a game bug, since currently my alignment says nothing of my actions as much as the characters involved (in this case, Neewa).

Thank you.

30 minutes ago, Urs00 said:

are people seriously saying nidus is useless now? you are not supposed to stay in the nullifier for too long anyway and 15 stack for the revive isn't a big deal, you will rarely used it anyway, he is super tanky

Yes. People are complaining. But i will say this. I missed seeing maggots get fat and die. Lol niw they have to legitimately die to explode aka virulence/enemy fire/nully bubbles (yes touching a nully bubble as a maggot will cause an explosion)

You know what?  I'm not even gonna log in for this one...  Nerf bats and "improvements" all around, and yet horrible bugs persist throughout the whole damned game, with no fixes in sight.  Sick of this crap. 

3 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

No boost to Mutagen Sample drop amounts? Guess I'm not farming this weekend either.

As for Nidus, the changes don't look particularly problematic. I think everyone's just overreacting. As far as I can tell, the changes are:

• It now costs 15 Mutation stacks to activate Undying instead of 10. Okay. Whatever.
  • Mutation stacks slowly decrease when inside of a Nullifier bubble. Considering I'm basically never in a Nullifier bubble, that really makes no difference.
  • Maggots no longer explode on their own. That's good for me because they kept kill-stealing me before I could cast Virulence to regenerate energy.

i think nidus players came out relatively well...everything seems subdued and reasonable He's still very viable 

3 minutes ago, TheDefenestrater said:

You know what?  I'm not even gonna log in for this one...  Nerf bats and "improvements" all around, and yet horrible bugs persist throughout the whole damned game, with no fixes in sight.  Sick of this crap. 

you won't be missed 

8 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

Nooooooo! Then they'll whine even more about how OP his 1 is and DE will effectively nerf the only major thing he has going for him.

Um his1st 2nd and 3rd ability remains unnerfed. His 4th still works the same. It just maggots cant get fat and die. And pulling and stomping can easily earn 15 stacks. People need to stop complaining.

As long as maggots still also give stacks when they explode by being killed by enemies or when Ravenous is moved/expires, I can live with this change. But why don't they give stacks by killing enemies with their bites as well? Every time I see an enemy getting killed by just maggots biting them, they don't give a stack and it seems like a waste of a kill.

And one stack per second drain when inside nullifier bubbles is pretty fair, it could've been MUCH worse, like chunks of stacks drained or being completely drained all together.

28 minutes ago, Rolunde said:

p.s. Oh and speaking of Mirage. As some have pointed out, seems like a decent idea to keep the Cyst on at least one frame just in-case I want it for something later.

I'm going to keep it on Mirage. Since she is such a well-known cause of "cancer" as people like to call it.

Agreeing with the whole post, but the part I quoted was amazing

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

• Nidus’ Ravenous Maggots no longer auto detonate when feasting on enemies. Previously the Maggots could do a majority of the grunt work and you were able to watch the carnage and gain Stacks at the same time. Now to pop the Maggots you’ll need to cast Virulence on them and rejoice in your hard earned Stack accumulation. It’s also worth noting that with testing by our team, the Stack rhythm before and after this change wasn’t noticed at all. 

This.... I don't like

This Nerf hurts a lot 

Entering a Nullifier bubble will now drain down Mutation Stacks the longer you are in the bubble.

Curious about the cure, If you cure Nidus himself than even he cant be re infected ?. Does that mean if one decides to heal all of his or hers warframes no Charger for them ?

First things first DE thank you for nidus. He was the God you gave me after you took away one of my other Gods (ash prime(imo)). although I have to ride him harder than any frame he still works even with only an orthos prime for back up and for that I am grateful. but i'd like to talk about this :

• Increased the base health of Nidus’ Maggots to 1k.
  • Increased Nidus’ Mutation Stack consumption from 10 to 15 when knocked into a bleedout state/death. The task of regaining 10 Stacks is quickly obtainable, making this consequence for dying too light. Although 15 Stacks is not a huge jump, we’re hoping it’s closer to that sweet spot! 
  • Entering a Nullifier bubble will now drain down Mutation Stacks the longer you are in the bubble. 
  • To increase the visibility of Nidus' Maggots, holding down Nidus’ Virulence will now display a HUD marker on them. Keep in mind that casting Virulence on Maggots cause them to detonate!
  • Nidus’ Ravenous Maggots no longer auto detonate when feasting on enemies. Previously the Maggots could do a majority of the grunt work and you were able to watch the carnage and gain Stacks at the same time. Now to pop the Maggots you’ll need to cast Virulence on them and rejoice in your hard earned Stack accumulation. It’s also worth noting that with testing by our team, the Stack rhythm before and after this change wasn’t noticed at all. 
  • Improved the FX of Maggot explosion to better represent the intended area of explosion.
  • Nidus’ Ravenous Maggots will still attack but no longer latch on other Infested Maggots or Kuva Jesters due to awkward animations.  
  • Fixed FX, Maggots, & Health regeneration while in Ravenous staying around forever if cast by a Client who leaves.

this will be done point by point to avoid confusion

1. if their dps increased by stack that would be great

2. this doesn't really bother on grineer tile sets but I'm sure if youvve played any high level corpus mission or void mission it becomes a problem. we'll get to the reason why in the next point. playing pub doesn't really affect this very much even if your team is godly with mirages with simulars and novas and even several nidus (thank you for the synoid similar and mirage btw. please don't touch either one. although I think now that ive mentioned it @DEsteve will make it a point on the next customer punishment section)

3. this is a mistake for several reasons the first of which being that there can be a stack of several nullifiers standing in one giant collective stack of bubbles. which means that each  bubble stack drains a mutation stack while not only cutting me of from parasite link but leaving me vulnerable to b ombards or whatever hides in those bubbles. if you were looking for a way to nerf nidus and didn't want to revisit several stacks of code then maybe this would make sense but I'm sure you are all working hard enough as it is.

another reason this doesn't make sense is because the stacks are a mechanic and if this is the case all mechanic based weapons or warframes should be affected. i.e when you enter a nullifier bubble with a venka prime your multiplier should drop to the appropriate levels.

4+5. as to why I need to detonate them myself I have absolutely no idea because I noticed that the worms don't do enough damage at higher levels so they existed only for me to farm stacks while killing enemies and keep myself alive because for some reason I cant life strike when I'm using me primary an I need life I have to waste time changing weapons and so on and spinning like a pleb. this would be helpful if latched maggots stayed latched when I used virulence so because the extra dps helps because lets face it it doesn't make sense using virulence on single enemies might as well use larve and virulence to kill them

6. thank you for this I have nothing to say here

7. I understand why you would do this lack off time, overstepping timelines and dates and such and such. it happens . not exactly bothered by it. youll get to it in your own time. but I do hope you'll pass by ash and fix the vomit cam.

8.good call

I do hope I get through to you about this

id also like to talk about this

Removed ability to see Codex information about Relics you do not own. 

as to why you've done this only you and god knows. I quite frankly feel that it is a waste of good time spent coding nd a waste of script space . because its pretty helpful and unless this is punishment it shouldn't be maintained. I would also like to ask why you've removed vaulted relics from linkable chat items. some friends and I spend an hour trying to find people who wanted to farm soma prime. this was made more tedious due to the fact that we couldn't link the parts we were looking for in the recruit chat. which I feel goes against the reason we ae allowed to keep relics

Thank you for your time and space unless you don't care in which case have a nice day