The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion on Primed Regen

Cirayu

1 hour ago, -Voltage- said:

So Primed Regen. Why DE, why can't kubrows and kavat a get more utilities and give sentinels more armor/health. This mod will not save Wyrm Prime for example in a sortie mission. I do not understand the logic behind this primed mod.

EDIT: This is not a salty "this mod sucks thread", this is a legitimate post creating discussion of why is this mod even a thing. 

Sentinels need to be given stat changes across the board, and kavats need to get interesting utility mods. Vacuum should be a COMPANION mod and be UNIVERSAL. We still havnt seen Universal Vacuum yet, and it is concerning that Primed Regen is the solution to balance. IT IS NOT!

It's an endo sink. The mod is not useless but it isn't really needed either. Im not against it but it does seem like a band-aid kinda fix that benefits DE more then the community. I will buy it and max it out but I'm in no hurry to do so.

2 hours ago, Kuulpb said:

yes but it means instead of something USEFUL they added a Primed Regen . . . and sentinels auto regen when you die.

Yes, but dying for this reason should not be encouraged. I get annoyed when players in Bleedout say "let me die" so they can have their sentinel back, it kinda kills the immersion.

6 minutes ago, Thebel said:

Opening lockers is kinda moot when there are more enjoyable ways of getting resources like killing more mobs, for buffs only the resource booster is worth actually mentioning.

I don't even care about vacuum anymore but ammo mutation is game changing since you can have a free slot for more damage on those ammo hungry weapons.

In the end its a matter of preference, do you want to have something that helps play the game for you (cats and dogs) or something that lets you play the game (ammo mutation, vacuum, scanning).

I agree with u, don't know why we are arguing, I do not even use a gun in my sentinel.

8 minutes ago, Littlerift said:

Why not? It would give everybody a form of vacuum that lowers the need to specifically walk over resources and help prevent bugged drops but would still give the vacuum mod a purpose.

Do u know how much is 6m in this game? Basically u will need to get really(REALLY) close to get something with a 6m vacuum, u will still need to run the entire room to get stuff, and I don't play this game to walk around picking some stuff.

12 minutes ago, InsomnIaC. said:

Who even uses Fast Deflection on warframes anyway unless they have a spare slot and nothing better to use it for?

Fast Deflection is basically a requirement for my melee Volt build. His substantial shield acts as a kind of flak jacket to take fire while he uses his zappy biz to stun enemies, then it fills back up as I slay them.

Question I've wondered about sentinels for a bit, not that this is a universally applicable thing, but since trinity and Oberon can heal sentinels and pets, why can't Volt, Mag, or Trinity(augment) apply overshields to their sentinels and pets?  If I could overshield my sentinel with Discharge it'd be pretty handy.

Edited by Gelkor

4 minutes ago, Koda39 said:

Do u know how much is 6m in this game? Basically u will need to get really(REALLY) close to get something with a 6m vacuum, u will still need to run the entire room to get stuff, and I don't play this game to walk around picking some stuff.

It's not very large, I agree, but it would provide enough of a vacuum range to provide some help without resulting in Sentinel fan raging about Sentinels becoming useless. Personally I'd be happy to see all Warframes get an innate 12m vacuum but that would cause a forum war if it were introduced.

Edited by Littlerift

This mod isn't useful. The places sentinels die, like when assisting tanks or high level missions with AoE, they just die too fast. 2 more revives gives you another 90 seconds of sentinel total at that point.

For a 14 drain mod that I am putting in place of something useful. 

1 minute ago, Littlerift said:

It's not very large, I agree, but it would provide enough of a vacuum range to provide some help without resulting in Sentinel fan raging about Sentinels becoming useless. Personally I'd be happy to see all Warframes get an innate 12m vacuum but that would cause a forum war if it were introduced.

New exilus mod : Vacuum 12m

Cannot be used with the sentinel version in loadout.

Pro :  Universal 

Con : Use your frames exilus slot

Ends years of issues and threads. 😆

3 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

Fast Deflection is basically a requirement for my melee Volt build. His substantial shield acts as a kind of flak jacket to take fire while he uses his zappy biz to stun enemies, then it fills back up as I slay them.

Not trying to be elitist or judge-y here, but I'm actually curious because that's the first time I've heard someone actually using the mod on warframes. I'm also wondering how that build of yours holds up on the lvl 80-100 enemy range as well.

If it can hold up, well, you've piqued my interest; if it doesn't, I'm not going to judge you either because I acknowledge not everybody spends all his time on Warframe playing at sortie 3 difficulty.

My opinion expressed in my original post was based off the impression that there are many better alternatives to use for durability or survivability. I don't actually main Volt, so I will admit that there are plenty of things I don't know.

3 minutes ago, Ciaus said:

This mod isn't useful. The places sentinels die, like when assisting tanks or high level missions with AoE, they just die too fast. 2 more revives gives you another 90 seconds of sentinel total at that point.

For a 14 drain mod that I am putting in place of something useful. 

I think it's fairly clear that the mod only exists in order to draw attention to the fact that DE tweaked the Regen mod's mechanics.

9 minutes ago, Littlerift said:

Well, if pets get vacuum, u will see a lot of Kavats jumping aroud the solar system, as a lot of Carriers or Helios... Wyrm, Djinn, Deathcube, where are they?

"forum war if it were introduced." heheheehehhe indeed.

Edited by Koda39

1 minute ago, InsomnIaC. said:

Not trying to be elitist or judge-y here, but I'm actually curious because that's the first time I've heard someone actually using the mod on warframes. I'm also wondering how that build of yours holds up on the lvl 80-100 enemy range as well.

If it can hold up, well, you've piqued my interest; if it doesn't, I'm not going to judge you either because I acknowledge not everybody spends all his time on Warframe playing at sortie 3 difficulty.

My opinion expressed in my original post was based off the impression that there are many better alternatives to use for durability or survivability. I don't actually main Volt, so I will admit that there are plenty of things I don't know.

I know their built intrigues me too :o

1 hour ago, blueThunder24 said:

This mod is like a spit in my face from DE.
This shows how DE cares of community.
First vacuum as a mod for sentinels instead of warframe passive, now this bullsh*t;.

This doesn't solve the problem with sentinels survivality at all, they still are squishy as hell and will be gone just second later after meeting our lovely napalms or Osprey mine fields. You know that sentinels don't have any invulnerability time after respawn, do you? Wiki says otherwise but I've seen my sentinel taking damage right after respawning or just dying twice when I was under AOE damage.

And still no changes for our pets, I personally still don't see any reason to use them because even trough very fragile sentinels still are much more usefull

I wasn't all that excited about the mod, but when you put it this way.....I'm all for it.  It's a primed mod and comes with a nice patch note to boot.  This one is just not something worth being an arse about.

And yes, a period of invulnerability is a good thing, and doesn't need all that much more.  If your sentinels are dying THAT much, stop standing in fire for cripes sake.  I didn't even lose mine soloing the sortie survival today----in fire, surrounded by toxic ancients and mutalist osprey.

They don't all have to be Primed Pressure Point.

1 hour ago, -Voltage- said:

Why DE, why can't kubrows and kavat a get more utilities

What more utility do you want? They have 2 abilities plus can survive long time

and give sentinels more armor/health.

Senties are never really in danger, they are put in danger by you. So that's the balance.

This mod will not save Wyrm Prime for example in a sortie mission.

What sortie mission? I think i only take senties to missions and they dont die in all missions.

I do not understand the logic behind this primed mod.

The logic is explained in the description. More revives and health per revive.

EDIT: This is not a salty "this mod sucks thread", this is a legitimate post creating discussion of why is this mod even a thing. 

This mod is a thing because people keep asking for more revives.

Sentinels need to be given stat changes across the board, and kavats need to get interesting utility mods. Vacuum should be a COMPANION mod and be UNIVERSAL. We still havnt seen Universal Vacuum yet, and it is concerning that Primed Regen is the solution to balance. IT IS NOT!

Do you not understand that live pets and sentis fit different roles?

They are not the same thing, you cant just say make them the same thing and be done with it.

1 hour ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

You know what? Forget everything I said. They should just remove it and refund us. And not make any changes at all to the normal Revive, FOREVER.

Because, if they didn't take this step, everyone would be happy with what they had before, it seems..... (hell if I understand).

You are just disagreeing and arguing for the sake of arguing at this point.

The point is that they shouldve just buffed the normal mod to a 10 rank instead of wasting our time and resources with this legendary version. The same thing happened with Primed Pressure Point AND Prime Point Blank. Both mods shouldve just been buffed up to 10 rank mods, but nah, lets drain player resources instead. 

1 hour ago, armedpoop said:

Care to explain why? Cause as it stands, the mod is completely worthless. Tell me where it would actually be useful?  

Oh my goodness, where to begin? I find that this mod adds considerable survivability to sentinels, which took a substantial tradeoff already once vaccuum became a universal mod (because, in many cases, people traded off a sentinel survival  mod like steel Fiber or the fast shield regen one to make room in their build for some of the excellent new mods like medi-ray and the aforementioned vaccuum).

My main use of sentinels (in lieu of kubrow or kavats) is for vaccuum, which for me is a pure WF quality of life issue. But I also don't mind the other uses. such as guardian, medi-ray.  

Now I find that my Helios or my Prisma shade stands much better chances of surviving lots of good end game content like high level eximus sorties (I farmed focus today at the eximus sortie 1) and the high damage sorties (today's sortie 2) and some Kuva floods where certain enemies would one shot your sentinel (two shot it if you had the standard Regen). Now they would have to four-shot-the sentinel, which effectively quadruples or at least doubles their survivability.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

This was missed out of the latest patch notes for PC.

It's now been corrected and makes the new mod have a whole new level to it.

Missed Change: 

The Regen Mod (both Primed and regular) now grants temporary invulnerability to Sentinels on revive for a duration of one second + one second per rank of the mod. This means that with a maxed Primed Regen, you could see 11 seconds of invulnerability after the Regen occurs. 

We should go out for drinks while the forums burn with the amount of sodium levels that's building up over this mod.

3 minutes ago, TennoSimons said:

Oh my goodness, where to begin? I find that this mod adds considerable survivability to sentinels, which took a substantial tradeoff already once vaccuum became a universal mod (because, in many cases, people traded off a sentinel survival  mod like steel Fiber or the fast shield regen one to make room in their build for some of the excellent new mods like medi-ray and the aforementioned vaccuum).

My main use of sentinels (in lieu of kubrow or kavats) is for vaccuum, which for me is a pure WF quality of life issue. But I also don't mind the other uses. such as guardian, medi-ray.  

Now I find that my Helios or my Prisma shade stands much better chances of surviving lots of good end game content like high level eximus sorties (I farmed focus today at the eximus sortie 1) and the high damage sorties (today's sortie 2) and some Kuva floods where certain enemies would one shot your sentinel (two shot it if you had the standard Regen). Now they would have to four-shot-the sentinel, which effectively quadruples or at least doubles their survivability.

So basically, 4 seconds of life is better than 2? Alright so its worthless still. 

The seconds of invincibility are a very welcome change tho. 

6 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

Do you not understand that live pets and sentis fit different roles?

They are not the same thing, you cant just say make them the same thing and be done with it.

The main point, though, is this: What does vacuum existing as a mod add to the game? How does it make the game more enjoyable?