The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Redirection or Vitality? What's your preference?

Night4ce

I see some people like the benefit of the sheilds regeneration and some people like the armor's damage reduction HP. I've seen a mag with high HP and using HP Regen methods and a Mesa with fast defection high sheild build.

The ultimate question is: Which do you use on your main frames build and reasons/methods to increase your survivability while using them?

(this is just a basic question to the community to have a debate on what most people prefer, I understand the mechanics of both *MR23 with 2100 hours in mission* and just want to hear what other players think. So please, respect each other's opinion and preference)

Honestly in terms of harder content, other than niche builds, Vitality will always be king. Redirection and higher shields, as I said, have some niche uses. Mesa's Shatter Shield or whatever its called is one of them. In that specific instance, it would be better to have a large regenerating buffer because you reduce incoming damage by 95%, and if you step out of the line of fire for a few moments, you essentially 'heal' that damage. But in most cases, where you have no active form of damage reduction that affects your shield, Vitality will always win out.

1 hour ago, Night4ce said:

The ultimate question is: Which do you use on your main frames build and reasons/methods to increase your survivability while using them?

In my case vitality is on all frames with high armor: Inaros, Atlas, Frost P. On those frames I also have steel fiber, armored agility and an arcane guardian syandana. This just makes a nice fit. Of the squishier frames only Nova P has vitality on. 

I rarely ever use redirection on anything because at higher levels there is too much stuff that goes right through shields. 

The only warframe that has redirection is my tank Atlas build but this build has it all: vitality, steel fiber, redirection, amored agilty, rapid resilience plus arcane guardian and arcane barrier. 

The standard arguement that health does not regenerate is not true. Inaros does heal by his abilities, there is life strike for all melee, there is the hirudo getting health for crit, there is the hema getting health for crit and for the rest there is medi-ray on the sentinel. And there is the less popular rejuvination that I use on my Atlas tank build. 

Edited by k05h

Vitality for high health frames/Life Strike channel tanks, my Excalibur used to have Vitality and Primed Flow + Quick Thinking for channeling tanking.

Primed Flow + Quick Thinking for caster frames, + Redirection if enough mod slots are available.

I basically never use both Vitality and Redirection on the same Warframe.

IIRC, My Nekros is the only odd one with both Vitality and Redirection equipped.

Edited by NativeKiller

if 200 armor or more ==> vitality

33 minutes ago, NativeKiller said:

Vitality for high health frames/Life Strike channel tanks, my Excalibur used to have Vitality and Primed Flow + Quick Thinking for channeling tanking.

Primed Flow + Quick Thinking for caster frames, + Redirection if enough mod slots are available.

I basically never use both Vitality and Redirection on the same Warframe.

IIRC, My Nekros is the only odd one with both Vitality and Redirection equipped.

I dont use Flow or QT on Frost. He can do that effect by blocking incoming fire with his abilities.

I can't really think of I time when I would choose Redirection. While Redirection provide a larger pool or automatically regenerated energy, it's not that difficult to regain health and damage to health is modified by armour, and so an increase in health always increases an overally increased effective health pool that an identical increase in shields. The only exception I can think of it if you were in a situation where the damage you were taking was experienced only in bursts that were separated by sufficient time to regenerate the shields, but that's very niche.

When starting out, having good shields and life are ideal as shields regen naturally after a short delay. Sadly, as you work up to the end of the starchart and beyond, shields are rapidly depleted and have no damage resist outside of shield naturally resisting certain elements like Corrosive and Radiation. Life benefits from armor while shields do not; and shield overflow puts warframes with shields at a disadvantage compared to those without shields.

Often against Nightmare or higher than normal starchart missions, I switch out shields for armor. Shield gating would not fix that issue I am afraid, but making shields have an armor type stat would be a good move in my opinion.

Do any of y'all use Primed Vigor to get half of both worlds? It seems Vitality is mostly preferred, more so in high level missions. Which I kinda expected. I've seen some people use neither as well. This has been a very enlightening topic. Please continue!

Just now, Night4ce said:

Do any of y'all use Primed Vigor to get half of both worlds? It seems Vitality is mostly preferred, more so in high level missions. Which I kinda expected. I've seen some people use neither as well. This has been a very enlightening topic. Please continue!

I personally never use Vigor except on Inaros for MAXIMUM health.

It's min-maxing in a sense, I guess.

3 minutes ago, Night4ce said:

Do any of y'all use Primed Vigor to get half of both worlds?

For low-Armor Frames like Trinity (yay damage reduction on Shields) / Zephyr / Nova / Hydroid / etc I've switched to Primed Vigor, yes
(much like Primed Flow, I've actually decided to keep it at R9 just because the Health / Shields values look nicer that way lol),
most Frames still use Vitality, though, and none uses only Redirection, or has done so before PV.