Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which part of Borderland is the best alternative for a frustrated Warframe player?

Doc-Orange

35 minutes ago, Doc-Orange said:

Hi. I'm searching for an alternative to Warframe and asking myself whether Borderlands could be a good point. But there are fifferent parts and I don't want to buy all. Which part of Borderland is the best for starting when you generally like Warframe?

Borderlands 2

Borderlands 2 is pretty much superior to the original in every way.

However playing the first game is recommended to know certain plot points and refferences.

You can play BL2 right away and you wont miss much, but you get more motionally invested once you know what happened in the past.

Pre-Sequel is quite boring, characters are not that funny and storytelling is pretty silly, is see it is not directly from Gearbox. But on other side atleast you know how Jack become Handsome and there is teaser for possibly B3

Edited by Myscho

Take the first before the second. I like the second game, but the first's atmosphere is unrivaled. Any DLCs are memes and garbage, avoid buying around them. Play BL2 at any cost though.

Although, if you ask me, games to play alongside WF need to be notoriously hard and instill extreme patience, like the soulsborne series.

23 minutes ago, ALOEDA1 said:

Take the first before the second. I like the second game, but the first's atmosphere is unrivaled. Any DLCs are memes and garbage, avoid buying around them. Play BL2 at any cost though.

Although, if you ask me, games to play alongside WF need to be notoriously hard and instill extreme patience, like the soulsborne series.

Oh yeah... The Borderlands 2 DLCs are kinda meme and cliche filled but if you can watch beyond that they are fun to play through only once though... Although raid bosses are fun.

Is BL OK as a single player or does it have a good matchmaking for beginners? I heart it better with a team but I dont want to join a clan for this.

Edit: I will give it a try. I downloaded BL2. I started to play and it seems to be fun after the first 30 minutes.

Edited by Doc-Orange

On 1/22/2017 at 3:29 PM, Doc-Orange said:

Hi. I'm searching for an alternative to Warframe and asking myself whether Borderlands could be a good point. But there are fifferent parts and I don't want to buy all. Which part of Borderland is the best for starting when you generally like Warframe?

Borderlands 2 with Tiny Tina's Assault on DragonKeep DLC.  One of the most satisfying gaming purchases I've even done.