Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How deep is rabbit hole?

Atekron

First tenno you need to do some mission that can give or can't some random relic.

Next your goal is to open that relic and get some random reword.

Then you should sell aforementioned rewards for ducats.

Then wait.

The wait is over tenno! Baro Ki'teer has arrived and bring some stuff that you want (generally not).

Sometimes Baro, randomly, can bring a new shiny relic with parts of new weapon. 

Next your goal is to open that relic and get some random reword.

Then wait for relic with missing parts.

So now to the point of this thread.

Yes I know it's cheap, yes it's reliable way to get new relic and it's by any means worse then relic packs, that also have some randomness and gambling. But how far can it get? Do we sometimes get relics that contain other relics? What is purpose of Baro Ki'teer? He is just credit sink that prevent hyperinflation in the game. He brings new shiny things, we buy them and money gone from system. All MMO games have some kind of Baro. Baro should not be some kind of "one hand bandit", stuff that he bring should be ours rewords for hard work in game, not new layer of RNG.

Edited by Atekron

Just now, Skaleek said:

I think you missed the point. If you have hundreds of thousands of old relics but you want the new part, the point is rather moot.

Right but you can go into any of those missions, get a part, and get ducats. Sure it's a bit of a grind, but what do you expect? lol. Plus this is a guaranteed way to get the relic, so I think it's even easier to get than normal new primes.

1 minute ago, Ker-Blammo said:

Right but you can go into any of those missions, get a part, and get ducats. Sure it's a bit of a grind, but what do you expect? lol. Plus this is a guaranteed way to get the relic, so I think it's even easier to get than normal new primes.

What happens when you need to farm relics, to get parts, to get new relics, to farm new parts, to get new relics, to farm new parts? This is what he's asking, where does the cycle end? We've essentially hit a repeat in the grind cycle when we're melting down our relic rewards just to buy a new tier of relic.

1 minute ago, Skaleek said:

What happens when you need to farm relics, to get parts, to get new relics, to farm new parts, to get new relics, to farm new parts? This is what he's asking, where does the cycle end? We've essentially hit a repeat in the grind cycle when we're melting down our relic rewards just to buy a new tier of relic.

It's literally farm non-specific parts, then farm specific parts, and then get weapon. It shouldn't be too hard if you do runs with people that have the same relic. and the only time specific part of the whole thing is the first part. After you do that and get a bunch of the relics, you can take your time and do it peacefully.

Maybe people are still on edge from the whole Hema incident and aren't really thinking through the actual process of the rather easy acquisition of the new weapon. 

2 minutes ago, Ker-Blammo said:

It's literally farm non-specific parts, then farm specific parts, and then get weapon. It shouldn't be too hard if you do runs with people that have the same relic. and the only time specific part of the whole thing is the first part. After you do that and get a bunch of the relics, you can take your time and do it peacefully.

Maybe people are still on edge from the whole Hema incident and aren't really thinking through the actual process of the rather easy acquisition of the new weapon. 

We've come full circle in the grind cycle with the advent of paying ducats to farm new relics. No, ducats used to be a way to take failed farming attempts for specific parts and getting something out of it. It's been bastardized into what it is now where people actually have to just farm for "ducat fodder" because DE has increased the Ducat price to the point where this is necessary. 

10 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

We've come full circle in the grind cycle with the advent of paying ducats to farm new relics. No, ducats used to be a way to take failed farming attempts for specific parts and getting something out of it. It's been bastardized into what it is now where people actually have to just farm for "ducat fodder" because DE has increased the Ducat price to the point where this is necessary. 

There will come a time when you have everything a relic has to offer. You then proceed to sell your duplicates to players or baro. I don't see the issue.

4 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

So? You're basically recycling the old ones to get a single newer more desirable one now. That seems better than keeping a few hundred of the same garbage paris prime string relic that plagues my inventory. And if the aklex ones are tradeable, they at least have a chance to retain some kind of value (plat, not ducat) later if all of the parts don't get reintroduced quick enough. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

There will come a time when you have everything a relic has to offer. You then proceed to sell your duplicates to players or baro. I don't see the issue.

What happens when you need to run a relic to sell ducats, to get a new relic, to get a new type of currency, to get a newer relic, to get another new currency, to get the newest relic? Its cyclical and we've come full circle. I don't see why its hard to understand the OP's conjecture.

16 minutes ago, Ker-Blammo said:

maybe de should've waited for things to calm down before adding this with no clarification if it's a one time thing at least

Just now, Skaleek said:

What happens when you need to run a relic to sell ducats, to get a new relic, to get a new type of currency, to get a newer relic, to get another new currency, to get the newest relic? Its cyclical and we've come full circle. I don't see why its hard to understand the OP's conjecture.

The community will voice their concerns if that point ever comes. Where we are now everyone who has been playing this for a while has duplicate relics to spare. 

The cost is extremely small and the reward ranges from a new weapon, mastery fodder, or a means of making plat from other players who don't have the extra resources to invest into baro. 

There's nothing wrong with that.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

The community will voice their concerns if that point ever comes. Where we are now everyone who has been playing this for a while has duplicate relics to spare. 

The cost is extremely small and the reward ranges from a new weapon, mastery fodder, or a means of making plat from other players who don't have the extra resources to invest into baro. 

There's nothing wrong with that.

I disagree. I think by adding a relic that can only be accessed for 48 hours every 2 weeks (maybe longer if its not a permanent addition to his inventory) you are adding a huge timegate to an already heavily weighted RNG system. I feel like this crosses a line into a new level of RNG/Timegating and if we dont say something now DE will keep pushing the limits of what their population is willing to accept.

Edited by Skaleek

Normally I just accept like every decision DE makes in terms of adding new content, but this is just a hit right in my face. I'm not one of these players having thousands of relics to farm Ducats for a relic, which gives you the chance to get a  new weapon part......

Before we had to grind for Prime stuff in 3 steps:

1. Get relics

2. Get traces to refine the relic

3. Good luck getting the part you want

Now its even one more:

1. Get relics

(2. get traces to refine relics, to have a higher chance of getting rarer rewards which give more ducats)

3. Farm parts for ducats to buy the new relic

4. Hope for luck to get the new part

And in addition he only has a relic which can give you two of the 4 needed parts, so we have to wait for another relics he may bring in the future. And if we are unlucky we dont even get these parts and have to wait months until he'll finally bring it back ! This is just a terrible design decision.

I would totally accept it, if we could buy the parts for a higher price of Ducats (~200) to get the set, but adding more RNG walls is just dumb.

2 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

I disagree. I think by adding a relic that can only be accessed for 48 hours every 2 weeks (maybe longer if its not a permanent addition to his inventory) you are adding a huge timegate to an already heavily weighted RNG system. I feel like this crosses a line into a new level of RNG/Timegating and if we dont say something now DE will keep pushing the limits of what their population is willing to accept.

This is timegating in the most trivial form and timegating isn't a bad thing. Let me explain timegating.

Before Baro brought buzzkill and the other slash mods every other week, the way to get Buzzkill was to complete a 25 wave defense mission where you had to protect a grineer hostage which had a small chance of dropping a slash mod but an even larger chance of dropping b******t.  This event was available for a weekend or so. Due to the difficulty the mod was an extremely high plat cost.

All players have to do now is run about MAYBE 2 fissure missions to get ducats to purchase a relic in which they can manipulate the drop chances of the item they want to receive if they already havent been stockpiling on ducats.

Perhaps I have a bias since I'm considered a veteran player at this point however, newer players don't get to have the same advantages as a veteran player.  50 ducats for a single relic isn't the same as the hema costs. Its reasonable and brings back a form of warframe that has been missing for so long. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

This is timegating in the most trivial form and timegating isn't a bad thing. Let me explain timegating.

Before Baro brought buzzkill and the other slash mods every other week, the way to get Buzzkill was to complete a 25 wave defense mission where you had to protect a grineer hostage which had a small chance of dropping a slash mod but an even larger chance of dropping b******t.  This event was available for a weekend or so. Due to the difficulty the mod was an extremely high plat cost.

All players have to do now is run about MAYBE 2 fissure missions to get ducats to purchase a relic in which they can manipulate the drop chances of the item they want to receive if they already havent been stockpiling on ducats.

Perhaps I have a bias since I'm considered a veteran player at this point however, newer players don't get to have the same advantages as a veteran player.  50 ducats for a single relic isn't the same as the hema costs. Its reasonable and brings back a form of warframe that has been missing for so long. 

You have 48 hours to get enough ducats to get enough keys to farm your aklex P. Thats the point, lets say you miss the void trader this weekend, who knows how long its going to be before they can purchase this relic again? This isnt trivial timegating, this is the most extreme timegating Warframe has to offer with the exception of the Prime Vault.