Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Kuria represent the worm queen ?

lukinu_u

There is definitely a resemblance there, and many others have noticed this similarity, but I don't think that it was intentionally (originally in the lore) meant to represent her. I say this because the bodies the Queens are currently in (the Grineer ones) aren't their original ones as they were Orokin at birth. 

Just now, Hemmo67 said:

well that's odd

and given worm queen is more machine than person it is possible back in the glory days she looks exactly the same and she has wanted to keep herself looking the same ._.

actualy that makes sense

if you remember in TWW at the end in the snow caves were you walk into the "auction hosue" for the orokin elite to pickout new bodies you notice that some have the -keyface- mask on them in the ghostly aspect so maybe she did dress/look that way 

19 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

actualy that makes sense

if you remember in TWW at the end in the snow caves were you walk into the "auction hosue" for the orokin elite to pickout new bodies you notice that some have the -keyface- mask on them in the ghostly aspect so maybe she did dress/look that way 

The Yuvan theater, I didn't see any "ghostly aspect" except the Red queen, could you post a screenshot, if you can find the moment in some else's play-through? I have a look but I don't see anything

1 hour ago, SilentMobius said:

The Yuvan theater, I didn't see any "ghostly aspect" except the Red queen, could you post a screenshot, if you can find the moment in some else's play-through? I have a look but I don't see anything

yes that ^ id have to reply it again , but i remember seeing something like those blue ghosts on lua [more defined though] sitting in the background in the "bleachers" benches? while the queen monolouges 

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

yes that ^ id have to reply it again , but i remember seeing something like those blue ghosts on lua [more defined though] sitting in the background in the "bleachers" benches? while the queen monolouges 

Ok I see them now (I needed a higher rez youtube video of the cutscene) Interesting things about that:

1. The "keyface" thing is the same shape as the head piece on the corrupted
  2. Those "Ghosts" and on the Yuvan side of the glass, not the Orokin side
  3. I've only just notice that there are many spent Kuva staves littered around where our Tenno stands.
Edited by SilentMobius

1 hour ago, SilentMobius said:

Ok I see them now (I needed a higher rez youtube video of the cutscene) Interesting things about that:

1. The "keyface" thing is the same shape as the head piece on the corrupted
  2. Those "Ghosts" and on the Yuvan side of the glass, not the Orokin side
  3. I've only just notice that there are many spent Kuva staves littered around where our Tenno stands.

glad my memory works xD -started questioning my sanity again...- 

1: yes its a facet of the orokin artistry and the known "attachment" placed by the nureal sentry onto corrupted in void

but then is it also a mark of orokin nobility? 

2: i think its due to hem needing to locate new bodies for continuity

3: makes sense at the end we could "consume" drink the kuva and the staves were spent, the staves hold the memories of the owner right? 

On 2/1/2017 at 6:35 PM, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

glad my memory works xD -started questioning my sanity again...- 

1: yes its a facet of the orokin artistry and the known "attachment" placed by the nureal sentry onto corrupted in void

but then is it also a mark of orokin nobility? 

2: i think its due to hem needing to locate new bodies for continuity

3: makes sense at the end we could "consume" drink the kuva and the staves were spent, the staves hold the memories of the owner right? 

1. Hmm, I'm unsure of that. To me it looks more like they are simply intended to be after-images of corrupted guards, not Orokin
  2. Teshin was quite clear that the Orokin sat on the far side of the mirror selecting the Yuvan.
  3. I don't think we know anything of the sort regarding Kuva and memories, I don't see how that can fit with what we were shown in TWW. Why would the Worm queen be harvesting completely different Kuva to bring back the elder Queen? As far as I can see Kuva is simple "void spirit stuff" possibly the distillation of evil void spirits that can be used for all sorts of stuff