Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on Health conversion for Less tank frames?

(PSN)CaptainIMalik

Question

15 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

For frames that aren't Nekros, what are your thoughts? I have yet to get this and really want it for my Volt.

It must be a great combo with Equilibrium. Is it?

Unfortunately it does not work with equilibrium -- I think it should -- but as it stands, it can really only work on Nekros or on Oberon until his Reckoning stops scaling. We need more ways to get/create health orbs in game in general. 

They hardly exist. The mod is too exclusive to one frame. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

Bring a Hema. Everytime you see a health ball but you have full health but doesn't have the max 3 bonus armor, shoot once and reload. You'd loose health and grabbed the health ball and gain an armor point. You still have the problem health balls don't spawn that often though.

I'm afraid Despoil Nekros is the only frame the mod works reliable on, because he is always loosing health and while doing that actually spawns more health balls.

5 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Unfortunately it does not work with equilibrium -- I think it should -- but as it stands, it can really only work on Nekros or on Oberon until his Reckoning stops scaling. We need more ways to get/create health orbs in game in general. 

They hardly exist. The mod is too exclusive to one frame. 

We might get more HP orbs spawning at some point. I know Steve noted the lack of HP orbs in his "dogfooding warframe" thing on twitch.

16 minutes ago, AXCrusnik said:

We might get more HP orbs spawning at some point. I know Steve noted the lack of HP orbs in his "dogfooding warframe" thing on twitch.

Interesting. I am glad he has noticed the issue. Health orbs have always been a bizarre in game drop. They exist, but they might as well not for the most part. 

Someone also mentioned broken scepter earlier as it can sort of create health orbs, but I haven't tested that so I'm not sure an orb created that way would actually work with health conversion. Even if it does I'm not sure it would be that practical. The channel for Broken Scepter's special ability isn't particularly fast. 

Still potentially worth testing maybe. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

26 minutes ago, AXCrusnik said:

Don't count on it, he was super happy when he had that health orb drop from the ferral kubrow.... we can hope though, I don't think I've seen a health orb drop from normal enemies, which basically means tank frames, health pizza, a health frame or life strike (or health restore weapon) if you don't want to keep needing to be revived on very high levels...

9 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Someone also mentioned broken scepter earlier as it can sort of create health orbs, but I haven't tested that so I'm not sure an orb created that way would actually work with health conversion. Even if it does I'm not sure it would be that practical. The channel for Broken Scepter's special ability isn't particularly fast.

Broken spectre is far too slow a process to get health orbs, you have to stop and hold x over a dead body for one to appear...not exactly something that's easy to do in the middle of a melee fight.  Hirudo could potentially be a better option if it can get critical hits as that has built in life strike

Edited by LSG501

3 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Broken spectre is far too slow a process to get health orbs, you have to stop and hold x over a dead body for one to appear...not exactly something that's easy to do in the middle of a melee fight.  Hirudo could potentially be a better option if it can get critical hits as that has built in life strike

Yup. Just tested it out in the Simulacrum. It works. But that's about the only good thing I can say about it. 

You just don't get orbs fast enough, and it is far too clunky. Kind of cool that it interacts together, but it just reminds me that Broken Scepter is a cool idea with poor execution. I think Broken Scepter should instead have a chance of dropping a health/energy orb (where applicable) when channel killing. The way it works right now is just too gimmicky. 

12 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I think Broken Scepter should instead have a chance of dropping a health/energy orb (where applicable) when channel killing. The way it works right now is just too gimmicky. 

or even just like despoil on nekros, it would always be active and just has a percentage chance of dropping health orbs. 

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

or even just like despoil on nekros, it would always be active and just has a percentage chance of dropping health orbs. 

That would also be an interesting way to make it actually useful. Right now it is sadly just a gimmick. It is disappointing because the idea is kind of neat. 

Health Conversion isn't that useful unless it's on a Warframe that takes regular hits to its health, for two reasons:

• You need to have taken Health damage to pick up orbs to stack Armor.
  • You need to take damage to your Health again for the added Armor to serve a purpose.

Nekros seems to be the most popular Warframe to use it on, mostly because of Despoil and all those extra Health Orbs, but other Warframes can rock it pretty well too. Health tanks that benefit from Armor (Inaros, Nidus, Oberon, Valykr, Atlas) can all use it and benefit, though whether it's worth the mod space is up to the player. It could in theory be used on anyone for some surprising moments of survivability (especially since it's a flat Armor increase instead of a percent), but this would be a very niche and situational thing to do.