Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Build an auction house

Moseby

Good lord the "trade channel" is a bloody mess. I would rather be sitting in the east commonlands trying to hawk my wares. At least if I was there someone could train a bunch of DE guards  to the tunnel, and I could murder them, and gain a fragment of XP. Which would still be orders of magnitude more engaging then trying to sift through the morass that is the trading channel.

PS I haven't played EQ is well over a decade/

They will not do it. They said it many times and you will also find a vocal part of the community against it.

But you can just use warframe.market ... it is almost an auction house and it will make all your trading pure joy.  

Edited by k05h

AH...i guess OP does mean "a trading platform" a AH without bid option.

AH is often used as a synonym, to discribe a Trading paltform InGame nowadays.

No AH..  BUT ofc a Trading platform InGame will work and is needed for WF.

Lol woot?

Leave game...go to market.com ?? Lulz... to trade items...post ya stuff go back into game, hope someone out of 1-2k pps will see it (not all from your timezone or even playing atm or searching ... maybe 300 pps) and pm you ingame or you have to go out of the game again and again...to check for a response... lulz fail. Ofc NOT.

And why should we trust a site that could manipulate prices? Fake posts and fake trades to influence the prices? It is all possible there. No controlling No trusted site by a DE certificate... lulz It is no neutral ground aftet all Lulz

The reason WHY IT EXIST is that players have NO INGAME TRADINGPLATFORM. So they did theire own. Juuuup this site IS a outsourced Tradingplatform. Lulz

And pleeease come up with 1 point , why a "Trading platform InGame" is NOT positive vs your site? Just 1 !! Awaiting aaany answer to it. Any.

Trading chat loooooool it is stone age. Other MMORPG games did that 15 years ago till they realize... nope to bad we need a tradingplatform.. bääähm Trading platforms invented.

And by god... BEFORE you even daaaaare to bring a point about "it is not social"... go enlight ya selfe and read what it means "to be social".

Uuh and your bot points... fail.

Games like RAPPELZ prove... Save as Hell. No one can manipulate it. Eat this.

Sorry but i can not read all this lies and wrong things, pps try to make a point while they fail within. Stop creating fear for noooo reason. 

+1 for a Tradingplatform. Period.

Edited by P0Pz

22 minutes ago, P0Pz said:

Well...and it will never stop coming, guess why: missing ingame content.

The reason why it is almost daily requested. 

The reason why it is requested almost daily is ignorance of basic economic theory and the impact introducing a typical auction house would have on the Warframe trading economy.

Automated trading would be a bad idea in Warframe.

Better ways to advertise your wares than trade chat, now that's something that could be worth talking about, as long as trades still need to be completed manually.

The current system is fine. I use warframe.market for normal trades and Trade Chat to rip people off, so they both serve a purpose.

Unless DE goes out of their way to somehow whack warframe.market (which I doubt will or even can happen), the system is mostly fine as-is.

Edited by Mattoropael

13 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

The reason why it is requested almost daily is ignorance of basic economic theory and the impact introducing a typical auction house would have on the Warframe trading economy.

Automated trading would be a bad idea in Warframe.

Better ways to advertise your wares than trade chat, now that's something that could be worth talking about, as long as trades still need to be completed manually.

Why should a "better way of interaction" between 2 or more bad? Nah nope. No need to bring in a wall between 2 or more pps to interact with ~ The trade ~ The act.

As you typed Typical AH, this includes to bid. As i said...to bid is no way of interaction we need. To bid is a extra option of transaction. But WF does not need it ofc.

The trading over a Ingame Platform is INDIRECTLY auto. To create the interaction between 2 you need 2 active acting parts. 1 that gives 1 that takes. The act of transfering within those, do not need a "time hole". Wall.

Both ALREADY accepted and done the interaction when A place a item to sell & B needs it and "activly" press buy. The act of trade already ends. 1 you want to sell or not. 2 you need a item or not.

22 minutes ago, Mattoropael said:

The current system is fine. I use warframe.market for normal trades and Trade Chat to rip people off, so they both serve a purpose.

Unless DE goes out of their way to somehow whack warframe.market (which I doubt will or even can happen), the system is mostly fine as-is.

The question is WHY do you use  a website outside the game to trade for something within  the game eeeh? 

1 hour ago, P0Pz said:

Leave game...go to market.com ?? Lulz... to trade items...post ya stuff go back into game, hope someone out of 1-2k pps will see it (not all from your timezone or even playing atm or searching ... maybe 300 pps) and pm you ingame or you have to go out of the game again and again...to check for a response... lulz fail. Ofc NOT.

And why should we trust a site that could manipulate prices? Fake posts and fake trades to influence the prices? It is all possible there. No controlling No trusted site by a DE certificate... lulz It is no neutral ground aftet all Lulz

The reason WHY IT EXIST is that players have NO INGAME TRADINGPLATFORM. So they did theire own. Juuuup this site IS a outsourced Tradingplatform. Lulz

Nough said.

Whether an AH allows bidding or not is largely irrelevant to this discussion, it's the ability to post items and then forget about them until they sell and you just get the plat in your mailbox (or whatever) that would cause prices to crash.

The current 'friction' of having to manually meet up and complete the trade is part of what keeps prices at the level they are, without that required effort there would be a massive shift in the player trading economy.

Better advertising, whether that's through trade chat filters or a full-blown searchable market board (without automated trading), would still have an impact and would need to be carefully assessed, but could be viable.

Just now, PrwnStar42 said:

Things selling for what they are actually worth is hardly going to crash the market.

"What they are actually worth" is not a fixed number, it depends on many factors including the effort required to trade them.

As I said earlier, ignorance of basic economics is what causes these threads to keep popping up.

If you have a commodity with effectively infinite supply, limited demand and near zero effort to trade, the market price will very quickly become 1 plat.

11 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Whether an AH allows bidding or not is largely irrelevant to this discussion,

It is

it's the ability to post items and then forget about them until they sell and you just get the plat in your mailbox (or whatever) that would cause prices to crash.

You try to make a point that is already answered above.

The trading over a Ingame Platform is INDIRECTLY auto. To create the interaction between 2 you need 2 active acting parts. 1 that gives 1 that takes. The act of transfering within those, do not need a "time hole". Wall.

Both ALREADY accepted and done the interaction when A place a item to sell & B needs it and "activly" press buy. The act of trade already ends. 1 you want to sell or not. 2 you need a item or not.

Your "..cause price crashes.. " is wrong and you know it. Stop creating fear without a reason. Each item will find its own price level. AND this is what most scares..they can not skyrock prices anymore. Over all for all players the best. Not only for sellers.

The current 'friction' of having to manually meet up and complete the trade is part of what keeps prices at the level they are, without that required effort there would be a massive shift in the player trading economy.

Wrong. Look above or my other posts.

Better advertising, whether that's through trade chat filters or a full-blown searchable market board (without automated trading), would still have an impact and would need to be carefully assessed, but could be viable.

Wrong. The actual situation is that noone is sure what the price of a item is. This is what sellers give space to make skyrocking prices. This is why some will QQ for no Ingame Tradingplatform.

The reason why the most players DO NOT use the tradechat or even the ashamful outsourced tradingplatform over a not secure website. Naaah

You are not looking deep enough into this cloaked system. As long this fail system continues it will always have skyrocking prices. Not with a Trading platform that reaches EVERYONE.

12 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

"What they are actually worth" is not a fixed number, it depends on many factors including the effort required to trade them.

As I said earlier, ignorance of basic economics is what causes these threads to keep popping up.

If you have a commodity with effectively infinite supply, limited demand and near zero effort to trade, the market price will very quickly become 1 plat.

Wrong. No prime part will be ever 1pl. Keep it real.

2 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

And with automated sales that would be the case for all non-vaulted prime parts, not just the common ducat fodder.

Wrong. By SAME REASON IT IS NOT NOW. RARITY & EFFORT TO GET IT.

No kappa this time.