Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So no new info on Banshee prime, eximus units are getting a buff..

Knight_Ex

I just really can't explain how I feel right now, I'm super pissed that no info was shared about the next Prime frame, even when there is only 3 weeks remaining before the release if they decide to go with the normal release schedule.

But then they just hit the ball out of the park of WTH when they decided to reveal info on buffing eximus units, to those that don't know they plan on giving eximus unit mobs invunerablity until you shoot off certain weakpoints of the body....this seems like a disaster, though I found it interesting when I heard their reasoning, make enemies more challenging? In my opinion I think they did it so that frames couldn't just continuously use abilities to clear rooms, much like nullifiers these things are basically a stop wall...or like "friendship doors" aka don't do the entire mission without me cause I can't keep up. 

Even the bard frame stuff can't make up for this, something else that grinds my gears, apparently now Tennogen gets released on PC same time as consoles.... now usually after revealing the tenno gen lineup its released within a few weeks, well now we can expect delays because we have to wait for the console to get themselves sorted, normally this wouldn't bother me if not for the fact that the console can BUY tenno gen with Platinum, while PC users are left with the bill in cash,

I could go over the other stuff on stream but honestly they never addressed any issues nor do I care about all the bells and whistles they wanna add since I would prefer they focus and fix the bugs with the content they already have....like sortie rewards for example....token system when?

3 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

No.

Also, I love the eximus invuln news. Been waiting for them to put the breaks on people mowing through millions of enemies without regard for years now, and it looks like they're finally starting to do something about it.

This.

I've been here for a little over a year and a half and this game has just been a steamroll for a majority of the content.

It's about time we got brakes that weren't "hey you can't use your abilities now, watch as you get gunned down by everybody!"

Edited by ChargeBeam

I believe they are saving the reveal for the special Warframe giveaway, which involves some lucky winners getting a free Prime Access pack for the upcoming Prime Access before anyone else. I believe the drawing for the giveaway is on the 8th. I think they are hiding it until then to keep it a surprise. 

Edit: Actually I think the drawing was suppose to be today at some point? They were going to do the drawing on February 3rd right? Surely we should know by the end of the day right? 

Edited by Tesseract7777

-snip-....like sortie rewards for example....token system when?

Never

4 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

-snip-Been waiting for them to put the breaks on people mowing through millions of enemies without regard for years now, and it looks like they're finally starting to do something about it.

I don't see the problem with this. WF has been working mostly fine for years with us mowing down dem mobs, there's this catharsis vibe you get from it, plus the satisfaction of the mountains of loot. Seems like some people don't struggle enough with real life and need the urge to compensate by struggling in an artificial environment.

3 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

No.

Also, I love the eximus invuln news. Been waiting for them to put the breaks on people mowing through millions of enemies without regard for years now, and it looks like they're finally starting to do something about it.

This game is meant to be fast paced, not ''Oh crap wait, theres an eximus.. gotta shoot down 3 week spots... wait.. fvck i missed... I SAID WAIT, there we go..... FINALLY... one down three more to go... God fvcking damn it... finally it's dead..... OH ARE YOU FVCKING KIDDING ME THERES 3 MORE OF THEM''

You feelin me?

Just now, -eXotic- said:

This game is meant to be fast paced, not ''Oh crap wait, theres an eximus.. gotta shoot down 3 week spots... wait.. fvck i missed... I SAID WAIT, there we go..... FINALLY... one down three more to go... God fvcking damn it... finally it's dead..... OH ARE YOU FVCKING KIDDING ME THERES 3 MORE OF THEM''

You feelin me?

No it doesn't. There's a balance to be had between obliterating everything without any effort or time spent and not making progress at all. That's like saying the only game mode this game should have is survival without any oxygen and 10 times the enemy spawn. Friggin childish.

1 minute ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

No it doesn't. There's a balance to be had between obliterating everything without any effort or time spent and not making progress at all. That's like saying the only game mode this game should have is survival without any oxygen and 10 times the enemy spawn. Friggin childish.

I'm not even gonna argue, your reply makes 0 sense, at least to me..

4 minutes ago, -eXotic- said:

You feelin me?

In the stream, they said that not all eximi would even spawn with the weakpoints. Some would just be normal eximi. It also looks a little rough still because it is early on. The idea itself is good because it promotes more skilled gameplay. Let's wait and see how it works in real execution. I don't think the idea is for every eximi around you to be covered in weakpoints. 

5 minutes ago, -eXotic- said:

I'm not even gonna argue, your reply makes 0 sense, at least to me..

I think what he's trying to say in other words (can't speak for him/her so they can correct me on this), but DE wants fight to have a bit more depth and not be as shallow. They want sometimes a certain fight to matter. They do not want it to be a mindless horde fest 100% of the time.

Also for anyone else reading, to remind everyone, that this hitpoint thing is as now only intended for the infested with it being only to happen less than half of the time, and not on every infested eximus spawning.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

8 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

I agree with the point that there should be a balance but not the way DE tries it. This weakpointsystem will ruin endless mission, and I am not talking about all the people leavind after 20min/waves. I am talking about the point when every third enemy is an Eximus. Before DE introduces such a horrendous system they should finally rework the spawnsystem which is way overdue.

5 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

There's no argument to be had, really. They're going to introduce them, it'll slow down the combat(to what degree we'll see) and the game will be better of for it in the long run.

Don't get me wrong, there are some times I like there just being cannon fodder. But when it's constantly a never ending sea of Miramulors and WoF Embers and in the end not getting to DO anything, there's an issue. Though that may be more a problem with those specific frames.

That eximus inv. thing is probably the worst idea I saw in warframe since I started playing 

It would literary make eximus strongholds unplayable and at higher level survivals where every enemy is basically a eximus unit you couldn't survive more than 5 seconds 

Weapons with travel time would also be unusable since shooting that thing would be a nightmare 

For a horde killer game that is just a bad idea 

for the tennogen stuff, I never bought anything from tennogen but this is definitely unfair 

4 minutes ago, Kuestenjung said:

I agree with the point that there should be a balance but not the way DE tries it. This weakpointsystem will ruin endless mission, and I am not talking about all the people leavind after 20min/waves. I am talking about the point when every third enemy is an Eximus. Before DE introduces such a horrendous system they should finally rework the spawnsystem which is way overdue.

I don't think endless missions should be paid any special attention when it comes to balance, since they're meant to be failed at one point or another by forcing players to fight odds they can't overcome. If I heard right they mentioned that there'll be a way for them to adjust the ration of eximus spawning with the nodes, which could be just scaled back ever so slightly. If endless becomes objectively unplayable they can always mess with that ratio.

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom

11 minutes ago, Kuestenjung said:

We don't know how it's actually going to be implemented and work in practice so I wouldn't assume yet. They're only spit-balling ideas so far.

We also don't know if it'll even apply to Sorties (is what I'm assuming you're referring to when it feels like there is an eximus every 30 seconds).
Also they did state that this hitpoint bit (only for infested) will only happen less than half the time, and even if you get one two spawning, abilities do work on them (though no damage). So you can literally (with the example they used) Lantern them off the map with Titania or ragdoll them away with Zephyr, etc, etc, etc.

Again there is very little information now and you need to look at the bigger picture, not just one aspect of the game, this being the few endless type mission you brought up. So I wouldn't be concerned until it's official.

7 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

I don't think endless missions should be paid any special attention when it comes to balance, since they're meant to be failed at one point or another by forcing players to fight odds they can't overcome. If I heard right they mentioned that there'll be a way for them to adjust the ration of eximus spawning with the nodes, which could be just scaled back ever so slightly. If endless becomes objectively unplayable they can always mess with that ratio.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow
Added AuroraSonicBoom's post for clarity/reinforcement.

7 minutes ago, SpeedOfLightPuncher said:

That eximus inv. thing is probably the worst idea I saw in warframe since I started playing 

It would literary make eximus strongholds unplayable and at higher level survivals where every enemy is basically a eximus unit you couldn't survive more than 5 seconds 

Weapons with travel time would also be unusable since shooting that thing would be a nightmare 

For a horde killer game that is just a bad idea 

for the tennogen stuff, I never bought anything from tennogen but this is definitely unfair 

if it "literally" makes eximus strongholds unplayable, then obviously they will tweak the spawn rates. As it is now, Eximus units dont matter. Id rather have less units that provide more of a challenge

I don't recall primes being revealed during devstreams ever. I might be wrong, though.

30 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

No.

I also think it's a good change, but I hope they won't overdo it. I don't want to see situations where you will have a couple of invulnerable parasitic eximi running about in a swarm of other stuff.

It will be even better if they will be given unique looks (and weapons) to make them stand out from the crowd. Or al least make them slightly bigger, because enemy visibility can be a problem.

7 minutes ago, Genitive said:

I don't recall primes being revealed during devstreams ever. I might be wrong, though.

I also think it's a good change, but I hope they won't overdo it. I don't want to see situations where you will have a couple of invulnerable parasitic eximi running about in a swarm of other stuff.

It will be even better if they will be given unique looks (and weapons) to make them stand out from the crowd. Or al least make them slightly bigger, because enemy visibility can be a problem.

DE overdoing anything? What in their previous history would make you think they could be capable of that......oh wait..

1 hour ago, ChargeBeam said:

This.

I've been here for a little over a year and a half and this game has just been a steamroll for a majority of the content.

It's about time we got brakes that weren't "hey you can't use your abilities now, watch as you get gunned down by everybody!"

Appling "brakes" with all these time walls that Warframe has could really hurt the game. If the game play is fun then cool but from what little I saw of the new weak spots idea I just thought...this is better AI?

Edited by RoninJed