Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survivwal missions need a better tutorial for new players

Wolfiusz

Yesterday I happened to be doing a public survival alert with 2 low-rank players who apparently got a taxi there (which is a problem in itself, but I won't discuss it here).

The problem with those 2 players was, they had no idea how survival mission work and were using the lifepods when life support level was above 90%.

We barely managed to complete the mission with only a few % of air left.

Those situations happen quite often and are at least annoying to experienced players.

A situation like this wouldn't happen if players would go through a propper survival tutorial.

This tutorial should teach them that every lifepod restores 30% AND it should suggest that lifepods should be used at 60% life support at best, because otherwise they are wasted and can cause a failure on longer survival alerts

Sure, I can instruct players how to play, but I'm already quite tired of constantly doing it. And the game should tech them the basics anyways.

If DE is too lazy to make a propper tutorial then maybe at least make a popup window if players try to launch the pod above 70%?

It would say: "Life support level is currently at 90%, lifepod will restore 30% so 20% will be wasted. Do you want to continue?"

A similar situation happens in other endless missions aswell, players don't know how to play and they don't know that if they stay longer they can get more rewards. It should be said clearly with a large text "The longer you stay the more rewards you may get". Because Small Lotus picture mumbling something in the background really isn't enough.

42 minutes ago, Pixoniatus said:

When I'm facing such a situation, I leave. I'm not a babysitter, not paid by DE, so idgaf

Also put a MR restriction for sorties would be awesome

MR means nothing. You can and will often run into scrubs being mr 20+ not knowing the simplest things. The opposite is also true.

Usually when I join those games and try to explain what is the best opntion, they dont even response back.. maybe MR also means the capability to read

Might be a surprise but people often don't like being told what to do.

If those people are new to boot they will not know why they should be doing x or y. Telling them often changes nothing especially since you won't have the patience to explain every little detail. The less you explain however the higher the probability they will ignore you.

Edited by Nomen_Nescio

16 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

There is a MR restriction on sorties. They're gated behind TWW, which requires MR5.

Really ? Well, that's a good thing, even if I'd put something like MR 12 or 15. Pure logic, rivens are MR locked, what's the point of getting one of them if your MR is too low to use it ?

I didn't realize that they only refreshed 30% until I saw it in one of those tips from the Tenno Councilor things. It's something to just tell people, if you have the time to chat it or if you're mic'd up. I've had my "You all do know how to do this, right? Why are you doing that? God dammit" moments, but unless you say something, nothing will change. 

Here's how this one works:

You pay attention to the support you have left. You use the pod and see how much it restores. You then use your brain and figure out the optimal time to use it.

I am not in favor of hand holding for this mode. Simple observation will tell you everything you need.

On 2/9/2017 at 6:24 PM, Wolfiusz said:

If DE is too lazy to make a propper tutorial then maybe at least make a popup window if players try to launch the pod above 70%?

It would say: "Life support level is currently at 90%, lifepod will restore 30% so 20% will be wasted. Do you want to continue?"

Wow are you really asking for a popup window ?

A better tutorial, yes.

Popup window or anything like I've read above (unusable above 70% as an example), no. We don't need the game to be dumbed down like this. Next step would be to auto-activate any life support capsule as soon as we reach 20% ? Oh and if we reach 0% Lotus just comes with a 100% air support because she loves us yeah

Edited by Chewarette