Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

another example of why high level alerts just aren't worth the effort

Xekrin

I made a thread once and went into great detail about how alerts need to changed and updated.  The whole 'Archwing mode not indicated', thing which is constantly ignored and even defended "Check the planet node!" whatever.

I've made and seen threads on how time and effort versus reward make most alerts just not worth doing.  I even devised this whole factor based system where high level planets, 'endless' missions, and so on had multipliers that increased rewards, especially for rare resources and unique drops.  It was all refuted and defended with people saying "Alerts are fine as is".

Well I'm not doing all that this time.  I'm just going to post a screen shot and ask a question.

xZLXDQa.jpg?1

Is This worth it?

I mean, honestly, if you're modded well enough and have been playing long enough to be able to handle those kinds of missions, you might be rarely doing alerts anyway, considering the rewards they give aren't really worth it to the players who can cheese the high level stuff.  I get the feeling those alerts are meant for low-ranked players who just want a challenge.

8 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

10 Void Traces has always been a slap in the face.

Or 1 neurode/neural sensor.  Only the quickest  missions are even worth it for rewards like that.

14 minutes ago, -V3n0m- said:

I get the feeling those alerts are meant for low-ranked players who just want a challenge.

I would argue that alerts were intended to provide a guaranteed reward rather than relying on rng, and that's great.  Especially for low ranked players.  Except said players usually need a taxi to get there, which means someone who isn't low ranked  has to take them.

And this is specifically about high level 40+ missions on eris, and pluto and in the void.  Places low ranked players shouldn't be anyway.  If these players need 10 void traces or 1 neurode or whatever, it is far easier to hit a lith fissure or go to earth.

I would argue that if I were arguing, which I'm not because there is no way of knowing the intention behind alerts exactly.  Just offering my opinion and that is high level missions, especially the 'endless' versions that require 10 minutes or more of our time to complete are not providing anything to the players they couldn't get easier and faster, whether they are high or low ranked.

17 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Unless it's an alert-only reward that you don't have, it's almost never worth doing anything that isn't Capture, Rescue, or, arguably, Exterminate. Takes too long for too little reward. 10 Void Traces has always been a slap in the face.

Clearly these alerts were made as a slap in the face.

I'm still locked out of Eris, since I haven't killed Lephantis (and don't...care, let's say), so I have to skip some anyway, but for the most part I do alerts for Nitain, Orokin Catalyst/Reactor blueprints, cosmetics if I like 'em, and Oxium. 

As I'm doing Nitain and Oxium, you may deduce that I am building Booban Prime. You would be correct.

9 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

Oh, yeah - forgot to answer the question. Definitely not worth it; I don't do alerts for void traces at all. 

I'll do them if I'm bored or someone wants a taxi, but the reward is not worth the effort.  It would be better if we were able to get extra Traces during those alerts though.

22 hours ago, Noamuth said:

It would be better if we were able to get extra Traces during those alerts though.

I agree, I'm just not sure that there's code-support for this.
As part of the whole 'alert improvements', (where they reduced credit-only alerts and tightened the alert cycle,) there was a suggestion (and I doubt it was only by me) to make Nitain a rare drop from any enemy in an alert.
This would give credit-only alerts a raison d'être, as well as giving people who have lives constantly miss Nitain alerts an avenue to get some, with Nitain alerts being a guaranteed reward.

On the other hand, Omega Particles do drop from any enemy in specific missions, so *shrug*?

On 2/13/2017 at 6:15 PM, Xekrin said:

I made a thread once and went into great detail about how alerts need to changed and updated.  The whole 'Archwing mode not indicated', thing which is constantly ignored and even defended "Check the planet node!" whatever.

I've made and seen threads on how time and effort versus reward make most alerts just not worth doing.  I even devised this whole factor based system where high level planets, 'endless' missions, and so on had multipliers that increased rewards, especially for rare resources and unique drops.  It was all refuted and defended with people saying "Alerts are fine as is".

Well I'm not doing all that this time.  I'm just going to post a screen shot and ask a question.

xZLXDQa.jpg?1

Is This worth it?

no a trace alert is never worth it anywhere.

Trace reward 10

Average trace reward in a fissure mission where you bring no relic - 18.

Always run the fissure mission. You have several to choose from, don't take a relic, get 18 traces on average. If you did this every time instead of running the alert you'd be better off.

Edited by Shockwave-