The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Buff/Change my Opinion on frames getting energy back per dead enemy

TasteVengence

Energy will now be refunded when the target dies between cast and effect on the following Warframe abilities:

• Atlas' Landslide
  • Inaros' Devour
  • Mag's Magnetize (I love this one the most)
  • Nidus' Parasitic Link (Mutation stacks, not energy)
  • Nyx's Mind Control
  • Saryn's Spores (I also love this one)
  • Titania's Lantern
  • Trinity's Well of Life

(Yes This is a copy and paste of todays patch/hot-fix)

I play all these frames and seeing now they get Energy back per kill (with these specific abilitys) means i can potentialy make all these frames with less power EFF and just max damage....

or at least thats what i think...

Edited by TasteVengence

8 minutes ago, Invisum said:

You get the energy if the target dies before your abilities take effect, not if you kill them with the ability. 

Then that dosent make any sense...as things like Saryns 1 it pretty much has a instent effect... now Mag's 2 yes pending on how many shards are on the ground from her 3 it might not kill the enemy instently but they would already be under the effect of magnitize.... i wonder what the window is between the energy refund/loseing the energy because the enemy died before the main ability effect...

Just now, TasteVengence said:

Then that dosent make any sense...as things like Saryns 1 it pretty much has a instent effect... now Mag's 2 yes pending on how many shards are on the ground from her 3 it might not kill the enemy instently but they would already be under the effect of magnitize.... i wonder what the window is between the energy refund/loseing the energy because the enemy died before the main ability effect...

Basicly like on Mag if you casted Magnetize before it wohuld justn ot appear if the target died at this moment and you waster your energy.

Now it will simply give energy back if the effect not applied, like magnetize bubble not appearing and staying.

Spores are a smaller time window i assume since spores can be on the target and it still died becasue the spore damage ticked a second, still if it died right when you casted it whould give energy back.

2 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Basicly like on Mag if you casted Magnetize before it wohuld justn ot appear if the target died at this moment and you waster your energy.

Now it will simply give energy back if the effect not applied, like magnetize bubble not appearing and staying.

Spores are a smaller time window i assume since spores can be on the target and it still died becasue the spore damage ticked a second, still if it died right when you casted it whould give energy back.

ive had that issue with Mag's 2 but i could just refund the lost energy real quick with Zenurik or Energy Siphon + Coaction Drift... or all 3 combined.. but with saryn ive never wasted energy.... so i can see why theyve added this change to Mag....

22 minutes ago, TasteVengence said:

ive had that issue with Mag's 2 but i could just refund the lost energy real quick with Zenurik or Energy Siphon + Coaction Drift... or all 3 combined.. but with saryn ive never wasted energy.... so i can see why theyve added this change to Mag....

I know that I have cast Spores on an enemy that died before the Spores hit. Basically any ability that affects a targeted enemy has a tiny delay before it takes effect.

1 hour ago, TasteVengence said:

No, not really: Saryn's Spores has 1 second cast and 1 second for the spores to actually appear. It would seem unecessary but I've hit an enemy with Spores just for it to die to a teammmate, it didnt do any of the ticks nor it spread the spores, it didnt take effect and I lost my energy.

Magnetize benefits more obviously from this because of the long-ish cast animation.

4 hours ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

Wait is this actually a patch? It would make Titiana somewhat useful again!

it is the patch

the one that happened today

4 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

No, not really: Saryn's Spores has 1 second cast and 1 second for the spores to actually appear. It would seem unecessary but I've hit an enemy with Spores just for it to die to a teammmate, it didnt do any of the ticks nor it spread the spores, it didnt take effect and I lost my energy.

Magnetize benefits more obviously from this because of the long-ish cast animation.

yea Saryn's 1 has a quick (ish) casting speed but i see what you mean

Now Mag's 2 is really slow to cast compared to the other frames...mags casting animations in general are quite slow imo... might consider useing Natural Talent tbh

7 hours ago, Tyrian3k said:

I'm quite surprised that EV isn't on the list, though. That's an ability that can have the problem that was solved with this fix as well.

Not sure if you are serious here or not.

If you kill an enemy that has been effected by Energy Vampire, it explodes in a burst of energy that is equivalent to the multiple bursts it would have given if the mob had lived. I occasionally play Bless/Link Trinity with 307% duration. EV with that build would last 20-30 seconds, but you cast it, nuke the guy for a full energy refund, then cast on the next guy. 

7 hours ago, Voidforged said:

Not sure if you are serious here or not.

If you kill an enemy that has been effected by Energy Vampire, it explodes in a burst of energy that is equivalent to the multiple bursts it would have given if the mob had lived. I occasionally play Bless/Link Trinity with 307% duration. EV with that build would last 20-30 seconds, but you cast it, nuke the guy for a full energy refund, then cast on the next guy. 

I know that this is what *usually* happens, but I quite often see enemies die without any energy being released.