The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are you considering to buy the next prime access?

(XBOX)lm Cha0s

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Clutch1Chesse23 said:

Honestly I'm not sure if any prime access is worth buying. Since I play on Xbox and it's $80. But then I always consider all platinum that I could get and the weapons and not so much the frames. But I'm here to ask you all if you will buy the next prime access? 

I just spend platinum on those cosmetics I cannot get elsewhere and to trade.

So... no, no Prime Access whatsoever.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Never buy the access, if you're going to buy ANYTHING. buy the stuff you can't farm, the Accessories. 80 bucks for free farmable items is the cost of a brand new AAA title game.

True on the cost. The way I look at it, I've spent about as much on Warframe as I did on Destiny, or on The Division. Plus, I find very few AAA games are all that interesting to me, so there are rarely multiple games competing for my money. I've derived a lot of entertainment value from those expenditures even if they've paid for different sorts of things, so I can't complain too much. 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

Considering I've been waiting over half a year for this, yeah I'll probably buy it. It'll be the one and only PA I have purchased, unless one of the primes in the future just absolutely blows me away. 

Edited by SerenitT

47 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

True but I am not grinding for them and nor buying expensive packs and my money better to spent instead slots if really needs.

Why would you not grind for them? Primes are better than their normals, there is no reason not to use one. 

Nope.

The last time i needed platinum for something is more then a year ago (Loki Knave Bundle).

Never needed boosters.

And 140$ for 5 cosmetic items with 0 additional gameplay? I would rather buy 2 new released games for the same prize which i can enjoy for atleast 2 months if not more.

My wallet has been ready for Banshee Prime since her supposed release last year xD Why? Because she's my favorite! It's kind of a show of support for her (she needs more love ;_; ) and I guess to DE for finally bringing her out. 

Also: plat lol

I really think DE should take our discussion into consideration because i'm noticing that most of these comments are saying "no" to buying PA. I think they should improve the PA somehow. Maybe we can come up with some ideas to improve it or I could make another forum post about this. I just woulld like more bang for my buck y'know/ because compared what we get and what we pay its stupid.

hell no man I ain't dropping no $80 on diogital-only content. Least they could do is mail me a baseball cap or a bumper sticker or a thermos or something for dropping that kinda cash on pixels all at once. Most I ever spend is $5 or 10 here and there, occasionally.

Man I gotta eat and my car needs gas and I got insurance and bills to pay I just hit a deer a while back and had to repair my vehicle I need to buy new work clothes soon as my current outfits are threadbare and are starting to form holes.

so, no. $80 all at once on strictly digital content is insane.

19 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Clutch1Chesse23 said:

I really think DE should take our discussion into consideration because i'm noticing that most of these comments are saying "no" to buying PA. I think they should improve the PA somehow. Maybe we can come up with some ideas to improve it or I could make another forum post about this. I just woulld like more bang for my buck y'know/ because compared what we get and what we pay its stupid.

Cutting the price by 50% would be a good start. 

I mean, I bought Valkyr PA, and I don't regret the purchase, but I sure as heck wouldn't have minded paying $40 instead of $80. 

51 minutes ago, SerenitT said:

Considering I've been waiting over half a year for this, yeah I'll probably buy it. It'll be the one and only PA I have purchased, unless one of the primes in the future just absolutely blows me away. 

I'm in the same boat. I'll buy the Banshee Prime Access without a doubt ! :) Waited so long for her.

44 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Clutch1Chesse23 said:

It's already the best bang for the buck that they offer, though, by a wide margin.

Look at the free primes as bonuses, and just consider the plat you get with PA.

Plat shop ranges from 15 plat/dollar to 21.5 plat/dollar, with the more expensive options having better efficiency.

PA plat efficiency is as follows for the three tiers:

Tier 1: 21 plat/dollar

Tier 2: 32.8 plat/dollar

Tier 3: 28.5 plat/dollar

Leaving aside the weirdness at T3 -- it decreases your plat efficiency in exchange for the accessories -- T2 is the best plat value DE offers outside of the complete RNG of discount tokens. And even a 20% token isn't enough to change this, you've got to get 50% or better.

Now maybe plat doesn't matter to you. That's valid and fine. You can get it from trading so there's no REAL reason to spend on it. But if you're the kind of person that has a few extra bucks laying around and feels like sending it DE's way, PA is the most efficient way to spend it, and the free primes are a bonus.

22 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

Cutting the price by 50% would be a good start. 

I mean, I bought Valkyr PA, and I don't regret the purchase, but I sure as heck wouldn't have minded paying $40 instead of $80. 

While it would certainly be nice, I just can't see it. That pushes the T2 efficiency to 65.6 plat/dollar, meaning that it is ALWAYS superior to the shop option unless you have a 75% discount token.

Edited by Trissila
Removed hanging sentence fragment.

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)Clutch1Chesse23 said:

Honestly I'm not sure if any prime access is worth buying. Since I play on Xbox and it's $80. But then I always consider all platinum that I could get and the weapons and not so much the frames. But I'm here to ask you all if you will buy the next prime access? 

Yes.

A long time ago I realized that Banshee Prime was the only PA I would actually buy.  Besides Mag, she's the only Prime I feel was worth it.