Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Rework Discussion and Feedback

Hrodgrim

7 minutes ago, RenegadeTengu42 said:

I love the idea of the Limbo rework so far too, gives em a more defined role than Rescue/Sortie Def MVP. I'm looking forward to the CC option such as the banish AOE, the ZA WARDO "Stasis" skill and redoing Rift Surge so that it can provide some damage/shock procs between both planes (rather than the old damage buff). These abilities can give Limbo a whole different way to approach sit

Now I'm wondering about 2 things regarding the rework, feel free to use this a discussion point 

The first co-op aspects for Limbo 2nd skill. I wonder how would multiple Limbos would be using Stasis in the same area compound. If heard correctly, Stasis was a placeholder name for now. I'm guessing people will be filling up a suggestion box for naming stuff ("Rift Prison","Rift/Time Dilation","Rift Bind")  but I digress. I'm going to guess that Limbos may only freeze their own projectiles when they activate the ability, but I'm a bit worried about the low end machines if Limbos in tandem were allowed to pause hundreds/thousands in say the same room. Would it make sense to have a Level Wide limit to the number of frozen projectiles in the Rift or is there another way to work around the processing power. Would it work similar to Mag's Magnetize bubble and how the projectiles are flung around in that confined space?

The second would be the Existing Augments. Based on the potential ability reworks, should these mods remain unchanged after the rework? What I means is that in terms of functionality, should these mods stay the way they are?  

- Banish - would provide heals to allies when they are moved from Material to Rift planes. 

- Rift Surge - A additive, % based power buff to the ability based on the number of enemies in the Rift

- Cataclysm -  Duration increase when kills are made on enemies in the bubble (excludes those outside the catabomb's sphere)

I wouldn't see a problem keeping the banish and cata augs the same, since it those 2 skills have realatively remained the same after the rework. I think Rift Surge may become a bit too OP based on how it can affect a lot of enemies in a wide range and in both planes. It would be like Volt's Daisy Chaining the electronics all over again with a Discharge...Don't get me wrong, damage is plenty of fun in the new surge. It would be cool if the augment can add additonal effect based on the OnKill/OnRiftShift events. Procs would be a cool example, or something that adds some cool strategy with it. 

Limbo's 2nd would probably cancel out other limbo's 2nd, like how his 1st already does.

If limbo 1 casts banish on a guy, limbo 2 would unbinish him after.

If Nidus isn't OP, then that wouldn't be OP either.

Limbo isn't a DSP frame, he's a utility frame, and that's why i like him.

He doesn't need a power that deals tons of damage.

But a power that make enemies deal less damage would fit him well.

1 hour ago, KaeseSchnitte said:

The rift dash is a non-issue 99% of the time. You'll probably have to adjust your playstyle to achive maximum efficiency with it, but that is neither impossible, nor a game-breaker.

As Scott has said, Cataclysm can only pause so many enemies and projectiles, which means that you can overload Cataclysm, which would lock a trolling Limbo out of his abilites for several seconds. it also doesn't stop warframe powers or melee attacks, so plenty of options for teammates to safely murder the S#&$ out of any enemy.

Maybe not for someone that doesn't use the dodge function offline.

I on the other hand use it very often, it's a very useful movement move that allows you to get out of bad slides and sprint/slide around corners quickly.

3 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

So what you're saying is that limbo needs to be stealthy with the help of the neramon tenno ability in order to be useful?

No, but it is a tool he can use. Atterax doesn't require maiming/naramon to kill in seconds, neither does the Galatine or Nikana Prime with their insane slash procs. Not to mention your tests are with impact weapons, and you are testing it on a high level corrupted bombard eximus, an enemy you will not see unless you are intentionally going far into endless missions with a firetime, in which case you will have 4 corrosive projections. Just because you aren't using weapons that are good for your specific tests that will not happen, doesn't mean new Limbo is bad. This is not even talking about that frozen enemies may get stealth multipliers so a gas build wouldn't need naramon.

All these limbo posts and they're all the same. Everyone who hasn't figured him out complain it's too hard and his abilities are garbage. Those of us who do know how to play him think this rework is amazing and look forward to it.

Riftwalk for free by dodging? Sign me up. Pausing enemies and projectiles in the rift? Did someone say free setup time? 

Either way I'm for the changes, they're waaay better than what he has now and add much needed synergy to his abilities.

TLDR; Git Gud Scrubs.

Personally I would prefer for Banish a similiar method to Ash's new Bladestorm. By holding the skill-key he can switch to marking mode and upon release the enemies get banished to/ released from the Rift. This allows for quick Mass-Banishes, but also giving the selective choice, who to let in or out. As the "new" Banish was only shown in a solo-environment I am a bit concerned about how it is applied to allies, if they are surrounded by enemies though.

Also his 3 is different from what the thread creator describes (or he simply didn't understand it). It is like Nova's 4, "priming" all targets in the void. By killing the targets inside the void they release a damaging pulse that can arc outside the rift, while de-banishing them will create a mini-Cataclysm (like Oberon's augment "Hallowed Reckoning"). What exactly this state of being "Void Primed" implies in terms of damage or other effects is so far still unknown.

I myself like the rework (mostly because I don't try to play Sonic in Warframe, using more than just rolling) as it trades in the Rift Surge, which was a pretty selfish damage buff and was kinda out of theme for him. Limbo should be a master of strategy and battlefield manipulation and not some user of brute force.

Edited by (PS4)AlastorLines

Rift shifting dodge needs to be removed. 

I used the dodge function so much I decided to map it to my right mouse clicker.

If banish is going to have an AoE, it needs to be optional.

Tap to cast on single target, hold to cast AoE version.

You don't want to banish a group of level 100 eximus along with the hostage you're trying to save.

Stasis is very cool, but ultimately self destructive.

If you break the limit, you're without rift power for a while.

If it only effected enemies, and not also projectiles,

you wouldn't have to worry about an ally having an automatic weapon that eats up it's limit.

The new rift pockets aspect is very bad.

As limbo you want to control what is and isn't in the rift at all times.

If random pockets open up in random areas, then one could open on a bombard that's behind you,

and then it kills you, because limbo is squishy.

And the fourth is almost untouched, the only addition is a stagger/knockdown,

which it actually already has, and isn't useful.

What cataclysm should do is make enemies inside it deal less damage,

and posable take more damage.

That alone would make limbo endgame-enabled.

I used the dodge function so much I decided to map it to my right mouse clicker.

You don't want to banish a group of level 100 eximus along with the hostage you're trying to save.

you wouldn't have to worry about an ally having an automatic weapon that eats up it's limit.

If random pockets open up in random areas, then one could open on a bombard that's behind you,

44 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

With moderate damage, you mean more than 100?

By stealth build you mean loki/ivara?

How would limbo get a stealth build then?

I'll use Jat Kittag.

Crushing ruin,

vicious frost, voltaic strike, drifting contact, spoiled strike,

volcanic edge, virulent scourge, fever strike, primed pressure point.

98% status chance.

with 546 mag, 955 gas, 22 slash, 68 puncture, 364 impact.

I'll be testing on a level 100 bombard.

try 1, as limbo,

Cast riftwalk, and surge, got up to him, cast banish,

he didn't get knocked down,

i hit him once, then i died.

try 2, as limbo,

he didn't fall down,

this time i hit him 18 times before dying.

try 3, switched spoiled strike with primed fury,

and switched out the bombard with a bombard eximus,

he did fall down and i got a finisher on him,

This time I hit him 20 times.

remember, limbo has buffs to everything while rifting,

and surge makes enemies take more damage.

but even so, limbo at most got his health down to about 3/4ths.

try 4, as loki,

killed the level 100 bombard eximus in 7 hits.

try 5, as ivara,

killed the level 100 bombard eximus in 7 hits.

try 6, limbo with shade,

shade's invis turned off the moment i attacked,

but i got in about 40 hits before dying.

You do realize Quick thinking a thing right?

also, 2 words Rift Juggle. If your close to dying pop either yourself or your enemy into a different plane and laugh as their attacks go right through you. Then, when your ready to go, jump back in and start it all over again. 

Limbo isn't an insane DPS machine, nor is he a stealth frame. He's an amazing utility frame and I love him for that. You actually need to think ahead when you attack your enemies. How many are in this room? If I banish these guys how will it affect me later? It's great for those of us who enjoy a bit of strategy in our games, different from the normal hack & slash.

limbo isn't going to kill things quickly, but given enough time, and proper strategy, he will kill them all.

1 minute ago, General_Durandal said:

Re: Stasis, we don't know the limit on it. Based on the gameplay, the limit is high - and we also don't know how long the "cooldown" is. If they're doing extensive testing, we'll likely see it be fine. If Stasis shatters Limbo's playstyle too often, I'm sure it'll get buffed to the point where it's only breakable if you really keep it on lock.

Re: Rift pockets, it adds inconsistency, but they only happen if you pop charged enemies out of the Rift. Limbo should always know when this happens, so he should always be able to deal with them.

Cataclysm isn't bad, so it didn't really need a buff. The only change is making it do the same thing as Banish: AoE knockdown on cast, along with more damage from its initial formation (and from blowing it up). Adding damage up/down buffs would be nice, but it's not necessary to keep Cataclysm as a skill you'd be using.

You kinda brought up all these concerns in your other thread. It doesn't need to be copied to every other discussion about it.

On 2/18/2017 at 8:57 AM, -Amaterasu- said:

Hide contents

yjklxIC.jpg

You should've edited it to "IT WAS ME. LIMBO" with his hat on Dio's head xD. 

*Stops time and walks towards Ash*

Limbo: "You thought everything will be killed with your Bladestorm- but it was ME, LIMBO!"

"The Enemeies are now.... ZERO"

*Enemies die instantly*

Ash:

Yare+yare+daze+i+made+this+meme+cause+co

Squad waiting at extraction like:

0079f806f79973aa09a335746ceb7770.png

Now that i think of it ... Why we got no ROADA ROLLA DA ability?

Edited by (PS4)ArnnFrost

I just finished all of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure a few days ago haha perfect timing now I can play as Dio's 'The World' or Jotaro's 'Star Platinum' aww yis! Gonna throw me some knives :D

http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Platinum
http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/The_World

Skip to 1:50 in the video if you don't want to read all the dialogue :P

31 minutes ago, God_is_a_Cat_Girl said:

For me the Limbo rework fixes most things that make it so he's not fun for me despite liking the overall design.

Rift Walk is just a pain to use. You either feel committed to be in 1 plane or the other, that for me just feels wrong, being able to S#&$ swap (I don't know what it just censored but, what? I'm pretty sure I wrote swap or switch) between the 2 and make others as well is the whole charm of the kit, but the overall clumsiness of the kit pretty much prevents almost everything but singling out single enemies, which while useful also becomes a problem when need more than that, a Limbo that only singles out 1 enemy every so often isn't that much useful than other frames, even Oberon can single out enemies like Ancients with his 1 and turn them against their allies. Cataclysm also was a clumsy mass enemy rift sender, because it doesn't keep them there, they can get out by just walking away from it so it's not really that reliable in the long run, and the sweet spot just doesn't exist.

Banish being AoE fixes Limbo's slowness which greatly improves is capabilities of isolating enemies (not a single enemy), but yeah, you do lose that fine tune option to just isolate that one annoying Bombard or Ancient, but nothing worth overrating as I see happening, tap/hold exists. For me it would even be better if it worked like Ivara/Vauban, single target option, AoE option, Gate option. What's the gate? It's a portal for team mates to get in and out without having to rely on you always clicking on them, which honestly would immensely improve Limbo's life and the whole use of Rift being exclusive to him or of it ruining is battlefield management by having to chase team mates or team mates being annoying because they either got in without wanting or got out without wanting to do so. Need to send 1 enemy? Can do. Need to send 1 team mate? Can do. Need to send multiple enemies? Can do. Need to send the whole party? Can do. Need some help dealing with isolated enemies while keeping them isolated but it's too damn hard to find a team mate to help you? Place a gate and team mates are free to help you. The only trade is that it takes time to get used to switching between the 3, but the benefits would be a lot bigger than that one downside.
Also, it would be nice if the control was the opposite of others, tap to use, hold to rotate (or perhaps the option for this abilities to be per ability), because you need to send enemies fast, there's no time to hold the button. If no gate option, then tap for 1 target, hold for AoE, done.

New Rift Surge... I don't mind it, sure the damage helped before but eh, I find the new one more interesting (it also helps the party as a whole more). I wouldn't worry about mini cataclysms, they seem unlikely to happen and even if they do happen the AI isn't programmed to use them so you won't really have that much enemies inside them to shoot at you (remember, Cataclysm doesn't banish them if they leave the area), rather it creates pockets for your team mates to hide and even help you.

Stasis looks cool and very useful for Limbo. Only thing I have to say is that it needs to communicate well with the player and present well it's limits clearly so you know what you are doing, else, eh, it's one of those things that it's bound to always have something or someone to dislike and nitpick even if it's great.

The dash I love the idea. Being able to quickly get in and out without clunky animations and hand stretching while being always on the move  just sounds amazing and only improves Limbo's capabilities of isolating and killing enemies. Sure you can't do your silly airborne rolls to go faster but I can live with that, after all these changes are to make him more viable in combat instead of being that one frame that you see once in a while, ignoring 99% of the game's content and being rather useless for the party except when banishing the defence target. Even if the dash has a small energy cost, I can live with that, after all the Rift has energy regen anyway, but only as long as energy leech eximus can't affect you if they are in a different dimension.

If you want someone that can kill a room bring ash.

Limbo is not meant to kill rooms.

He's meant to signout one tough enemy at a time, hinder them, then kill them with his high powered rifle.

That's why he came with Opticore, the most powerful rifle in the game.

Ways to play limbo.

Cataclysm sniper,

while riftwalking, cast cataclysm at a far point with enemies.

Then surge, and shoot them with your rifle from a safe distance.

Rift Reviver,

freely revive fallen allies even when they are in the range of a rampart,

or boss, without worry or fail.

Banish assassin,

rift walk, all the time, banish an enemy,

melee finisher them while they are knocked down.

Repeat until all desired enemies are dead.

Hostage guardian,

banish the hostage and get them to extraction.

Broken Scepter supporter,

the broken scepter's ability is usable while rift walking.

Use it to freely create orbs for your allies.

Syndicate enforcer,

Syndicate weapon burst effects, effect enemies outside the rift.

Bring Loka weapons to grineer maps, Talos weapons to infested maps, and Suda weapons to corpus maps.

18 minutes ago, Rhundis said:

All these limbo posts and they're all the same. Everyone who hasn't figured him out complain it's too hard and his abilities are garbage. Those of us who do know how to play him think this rework is amazing and look forward to it.

Riftwalk for free by dodging? Sign me up. Pausing enemies and projectiles in the rift? Did someone say free setup time? 

Either way I'm for the changes, they're waaay better than what he has now and add much needed synergy to his abilities.

TLDR; Git Gud Scrubs.

And how do you play limbo?

Here are ways I play limbo.

Cataclysm sniper, (3 of 4 powers used)

Rift Reviver,

Banish assassin, (3 of 4 powers used)

Hostage guardian,

Syndicate enforcer,

Bring Loka weapons to grineer maps, Talos weapons to infested maps, and Suda weapons to corpus maps.

Edited by General_Durandal

55 minutes ago, (Xbox One)InfernusXcanis said:

I'm not familiar with jojo's.

dafuq is Za warudo?

i know it's dio's stand, but how exactly does that pertain to limbo?

Basically The World stand (With the japanese accent its ZA WARUDO) stops time, too OP.

And if you tell you watch Anime but not JoJo ... i'd feel bad for you! JoJo of how bizarre and awesome (and manly, duh) it is, it's now the holy water of Anime curing you from all the Loli + Magical princesses crap that is in every freaking (bad) Animes out there right now (namely SAO)

Edited by (PS4)ArnnFrost

10 minutes ago, Rhundis said:

You do realize Quick thinking a thing right?

also, 2 words Rift Juggle. If your close to dying pop either yourself or your enemy into a different plane and laugh as their attacks go right through you. Then, when your ready to go, jump back in and start it all over again. 

Limbo isn't an insane DPS machine, nor is he a stealth frame. He's an amazing utility frame and I love him for that. You actually need to think ahead when you attack your enemies. How many are in this room? If I banish these guys how will it affect me later? It's great for those of us who enjoy a bit of strategy in our games, different from the normal hack & slash.

limbo isn't going to kill things quickly, but given enough time, and proper strategy, he will kill them all.

Why yes, I always use quick thinking, and Prime Flow.

Did you know limbo is very squishy?

and that even with essentially 600 more health then normally allowed a level 100 bombard eximus can still one-shot him?

Aw, but you see, the guy i replied to said I should have one-shot the enemy with any moderate damage melee staus gas/stealth build.

It took loki and ivara 7 hits, while limbo got up to 40 and barely took half it's health.

No he isn't, he's not meant to deal damage with his powers at all.

He's meant for utility, yes indeed, he's meant to control the battlefield it'self.

12 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

If you want someone that can kill a room bring ash.

Limbo is not meant to kill rooms.

He's meant to signout one tough enemy at a time, hinder them, then kill them with his high powered rifle.

That's why he came with Opticore, the most powerful rifle in the game.

Ways to play limbo.

Cataclysm sniper,

Rift Reviver,

Banish assassin,

Hostage guardian,

Syndicate enforcer,

Thanks for completely missing the whole point and point out the bandaid ways of using Limbo because he's too clunky to do anything besides 1 thing at a time much like the original iPad, which is exactly what makes him nearly extinct, everyone else already moved on by the time he finished his first action. No one's talking about killing rooms, just improving beyond what makes him undesirable right now, clunkiness and overall crawl speed (and unreliable way) of dealing with enemies.

Just now, God_is_a_Cat_Girl said:

Thanks for completely missing the whole point and point out the bandaid ways of using Limbo because he's too clunky to do anything besides 1 thing at a time much like the original iPad, which is exactly what makes him nearly extinct, everyone else already moved on by the time he finished his first action. No one's talking about killing rooms, just improving beyond what makes him undesirable right now, clunkiness and overall crawl speed (and unreliable way) of dealing with enemies.

half of those play styles used 3 of his 4 powers...

that means he works, and isn't clunky.

5 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

Why yes, I always use quick thinking, and Prime Flow.

Wtf...Primed Flow? Limbo is the last Warframe that needs Flow as he has with 225 Energy more than enough for his needs and can constantly regenerate even without Zenurik.

Edited by (PS4)AlastorLines

17 minutes ago, (PS4)ArnnFrost said:

You should've edited it to "IT WAS ME. LIMBO" with his hat on Dio's head xD. 

*Stops time and walks towards Ash*

Limbo: "You thought everything will be killed with your Bladestorm- but it was ME, LIMBO!"

"The Enemeies are now.... ZERO"

*Enemies die instantly*

Ash:

Yare+yare+daze+i+made+this+meme+cause+co

lol.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)ArnnFrost said:

The rest of the squad:

0079f806f79973aa09a335746ceb7770.png

*dies*