Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Loka Eximus???

mosaickle

Question

Hopped into a solo game on Mars, the very first one which is an exterminate mission and suddenly New Loka comes and says I'll be cleansed or something and sends these Eximus things randomly outta nowhere? The enemies I normally face are level 9 to 12, the ones they spawned was level 34..really took me by surprise, what is this exactly? Like I know I happen to join the umm, the A.I. one which is apparently against New Loka, if this has something to do with the gameplay, how do I undo this? I don't want things like this to suddenly scare me outta nowhere, especially when they can one shot me from really far away (forcing me to spend affinity to revive and eventually just abort mission). I just wanna do normal missions when I want, without distraction of these, whatever the hell they are, as someone who's basically just getting hooked onto Warframe, this is definitely something that'll tear me off and quit Warframe if it happens frequently.

As a low level player, this scarred me in terms of liking Warframe a lot

EDIT: Ok I see it's something to do with me being condemned by New Loka, how do I reset the syndicate thing back to zero and make it stay there? If I get certain penalties I'd rather not join anything at all, I had no idea the rivalries between syndicates actually affected in-game things

7 minutes ago, Atylia said:

Wait a second, if I balance everything out and then not wear any regalia thing, will it no longer have anything to do with me?

Like are Syndicate 'points' earned by wearing the regalia? Cuz I wore the A.I. regalia for a long time until very very recently

Yes, but it might be difficult to balance depending on how much you are in the red.

1 minute ago, Atylia said:

Wait a second, if I balance everything out and then not wear any regalia thing, will it no longer have anything to do with me?

Like are Syndicate 'points' earned by wearing the regalia? Cuz I wore the A.I. regalia for a long time until very very recently

Correct, if you use regalia for a given syndicate, you get standing for them, half that for their friends, and negative for their enemies and their allies.

Let's say you get 100 standing for Cephalon Suda, you also get 50 for Arbiters of Hexis, but lose 100 for New Loka and 50 for Red Veil.

Howerver, due to how alliances work, Steel Meridian gives you positive standing with Red Veil without harming your reputation with Suda or Hexis. Meridian's enemies are New Loka and Perrin, so by leveling up Meridian, then switching back to Suda, the only enemies you make are Loka and Perrin (who send eximus Moas which are more manageable than a swarm of infested ancients).

The reason you didn't receive any attack until now proves how rare syndicate deathsquads actually are. They probably won't show up for a while.

But yeah, if you balance it out and then not wear regalia or do synd missions you will be safe.

25 minutes ago, Atylia said:

But answer me this guys, if I never joined Syndicate stuff in the beginning, would none of this happen?

If you never joined a Syndicate, you'd never have Syndicate death squads come after you. You might still face them if they came after someone else you were playing with however.

But you'd still have to deal with Stalker, Gerald 3 and Zanuka if you ever became marked by them, by performing the specific tasks that gets you marked by them.

6 minutes ago, Atylia said:

Yes, that's what everyone's been saying. The Syndicates have a balance system, so if you join the opposite side of the spectrum (and they all show which ones they like/hate) and bring them back to Neutral, then stop wearing the Syndicate Sigils and stay away from Syndicate missions, then the only time you'll have to worry about them is if a squadmate has them come after them, but in that case they won't be aggro'd to you, usually.

Stalker/Zanuka/G3 can be avoided if you never do assassination missions nor invasion missions.

Honestly, though, you don't have to be afraid of any of them. A little knowledge and preparation goes quite a long way both in Warframe and in general.

Inform thy self of thine foes, and thou shalt dispatch them heartily: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Syndicates

9 minutes ago, Atylia said:

Yes, if u remove Sygil  no deathsquads will hunt u, but u will stop earning standings for specific Syndicate, which will be pity because u loose possibility to buy their offerings.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Yes, if u remove Sygil  no deathsquads will hunt u, but u will stop earning standings for specific Syndicate, which will be pity because u loose possibility to buy their offerings.

THANK GOD

Yeah I'll uhh, I'll rejoin when I can actually kill someone...

But wait...I didn't have the Cephalon sigil when they came for me...

But yeah nah I'll do that jesus THANK GOD

As Adam Jenson once said...I never asked for this >__>

You give me hope, I can now play Warframe in peace

30 minutes ago, Atylia said:

But answer me this guys, if I never joined Syndicate stuff in the beginning, would none of this happen?

Correct. I myself didn't know what I would be getting myself into if I joined one of them so I just ignored them for awhile.

Unfortunetly there are some things in warframe that are not fully explained to new players so you have to either come here to the forums or go the wiki site to learn more advanced stuff.

IIRC you don't have to confront them in the mission and can just "ignore" them. Of course only if they are not a threat to the objective (Defense comes to mind). I think you don't even have to kill them in an Exterminate mission.

If you want to fight them, then take them on one by one. Lure one away, kill it, and so on. Had to do that once with very basic gear against the Chargers of Red Veil. But with New Loka it's important that you try to keep away from the Venomous Eximi, especially if you use such a squishy frame as Loki.

And like others said: The assassins (Stalker, G3, Zanuka) are more dangerous. And since you can't avoid the Stalker, you should automatically bring a good weapon to every mission they can spawn. One mission type the assassins and the syndiacte death squads cannot spawn are syndicate missions btw. ;)

Beside that, I agree with the others that you will be able to deal with them soon enough and trying to get back to neutral with ALL snydicates will be a very difficult task. Supporting Steel Meridian means that New Loka and Perrin Sequence don't like you. If you level them up to neutral, Cephalon Suda and Arbiters of Hexis will not like you. Be cautious which sigil you wear if you want to go down that road.

But as someone who was on both sides (Steel Meridian, Suda, Hexis is left; Perrin, Red Veil and Loka is right), I must say that the worst death squads are in my opinion New Loka, Cephalon Suda and Red Veil in this order. And New Loka is by far the worst, which is why I'm glad that I switched back to the right side.

Good luck whichever path you take. :)

24 minutes ago, tsoa said:

IIRC you don't have to confront them in the mission and can just "ignore" them. Of course only if they are not a threat to the objective (Defense comes to mind). I think you don't even have to kill them in an Exterminate mission.

If you want to fight them, then take them on one by one. Lure one away, kill it, and so on. Had to do that once with very basic gear against the Chargers of Red Veil. But with New Loka it's important that you try to keep away from the Venomous Eximi, especially if you use such a squishy frame as Loki.

And like others said: The assassins (Stalker, G3, Zanuka) are more dangerous. And since you can't avoid the Stalker, you should automatically bring a good weapon to every mission they can spawn. One mission type the assassins and the syndiacte death squads cannot spawn are syndicate missions btw. ;)

Beside that, I agree with the others that you will be able to deal with them soon enough and trying to get back to neutral with ALL snydicates will be a very difficult task. Supporting Steel Meridian means that New Loka and Perrin Sequence don't like you. If you level them up to neutral, Cephalon Suda and Arbiters of Hexis will not like you. Be cautious which sigil you wear if you want to go down that road.

But as someone who was on both sides (Steel Meridian, Suda, Hexis is left; Perrin, Red Veil and Loka is right), I must say that the worst death squads are in my opinion New Loka, Cephalon Suda and Red Veil in this order. And New Loka is by far the worst, which is why I'm glad that I switched back to the right side.

Good luck whichever path you take. :)

So who should I side with? New Loka then?

2 hours ago, Atylia said:

So who should I side with? New Loka then?

Depends on various factors. Keep in mind, that just weapons, weapon parts and mods are tradeable. But the syndicates offer more stuff like the restore blueprints, which are very useful and each syndicate has just one of the four. If you are into fashion frame and want all syandanas and/or sigils, then you have to max all syndicates at one point.

Switching syndicates is expensive. Ranking up from -2 to -1 will cost a catalyst/reactor + 100k credits, getting from -1 to neutral will cost a Forma + 50k credits. Plus the costs to max the new syndicates. So I would recommend being sure about doing it.

What I did was the following: I maxed Perrin/Veil/Loka and then switched to Meridian/Suda/Hexis. I later swiched back because of new stuff, the new loka death squad and because I wanted to get back to my original three. If I would switch back now, I don't have to pay anything anymore (beside needing enough standing ofc). Beside I kept some of the other medallions so I could do that in a day or two.

If you want to get into trading, the syndicate items are a good start. And I heard that since most people are with the left syndicates, the items of the right ones sell better. Not sure if that's really true.

So you could ask yourself the following questions:

• Do I have everything from my current syndicates that I want?
  • Do the other syndicates have stuff I want? Is it available through trading? How important is it to have?
  • Can I even afford to switch?

In the end you'll probably end with the syndicates that you feel most comfortable with. :)

I agree to the points Tsoa made, but I have to suggest that you don't switch just because of the death squads ;). While it's true that the ancients are by far the worst, once you have more powerful equipment they wont be able to do you much harm before you get rid of them.

Hi there !  

I'm  pretty new to Warframe - 1 month - and i share your feeling regarding the syndicates.  Do i made the "right" choice ? I don't want to be hate by anyone - well ... not yet !

But, in the way i realize it's part of the game - and some way, part of the life !  Every actions have consequences positive and/or negative - it's a question of balance !  

playing with people help (i'm my eyes) to share competence as different warframe we all use for each situation.

Syndicates offer quests - (around 8 "quests" - or daily mission) there are "easy" to do, and you can also collects medallions to trade reputation.

So,  don't be too much afraid about syndicats !  and later, they offer somehow quest for unlock new frame (The New Loka give the quest " The Silver Grove " and at the end unlock Titania :heart:

Take all your time to explore each planet ! See ya around :)

Roddrigg

Others have offered advice on how to keep them from popping up, but I'm also going to recommend that you get better gear and mods to deal with things like this.

If level 34 enemies are something you never want to fight because you don't think that you need/want better gear, then then you're playing the wrong game. You cannot progress further without getting better weapons and mods. 

Edited by TrickshotMcGee

2 hours ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Others have offered advice on how to keep them from popping up, but I'm also going to recommend that you get better gear and mods to deal with things like this.

If level 34 enemies are something you never want to fight because you don't think that you need/want better gear, then then you're playing the wrong game. You cannot progress further without getting better weapons and mods. 

Yeah I feel like I can take them on very soon now, but I won't have to since I've balanced it up and have sided with Perrin Seq, that way I won't have to deal with those Ancient Healing Eximus tentacle abominations, but yeah I have been playing a TON recently so I'm confident about them spawning randomly again even though it might not happen in a while.

The thing is, is that I haven't been able to get any real good 'specializing' mods, like I have Serration and Fury and whatever's 'standard' and common, but that in itself is enough to make me more comfortable (most of the more important 'standard' mods I've leveled up to 6 since they're relatively cheap up to there)

1 minute ago, Atylia said:

The thing is, is that I haven't been able to get any real good 'specializing' mods, like I have Serration and Fury and whatever's 'standard' and common, but that in itself is enough to make me more comfortable (most of the more important 'standard' mods I've leveled up to 6 since they're relatively cheap up to there)

Specializing mods aren't really needed for even moderate-leveled play, if I'm being honest. Serration, Hornet Strike, Point Blank, and Pressure Point coupled with some utility mods, such as fire rate, status or crit chance, and maybe some elemental damage does more than enough. 

But just as important as the mods is the gun they're on. Normal Braton won't carry you far without like 6+ forma and some high level mods, so I'd look into upgrading to either Braton Prime (which is actually an awesome gun) or another gun that is your level. I recommend the Hek, as it could carry you all the way through most sorties, though it needs a few mods that aren't common for newer players.