Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helios Prime seems a bit too squishy

Arc-Vector

I was excited when i first heard about Helios Prime, DE were trying to encourage players to use sentinels other than Carrier prime, so i was hoping for its E.HP to be comparable to Carrier prime, but now that I've seen the stats, i'm not sure if i'm even gonna build it.

i did some calculations comparing it to the 3 sentinels with the highest E.HP: (Effective HP includes armor and shield, and calculated with 2 defensive mods equipped)

Carrier prime: 2720 EHP

Wyrm prime / Prisma Shade : 1800 EHP

Helios prime : 1460 EHP

Looks like i'm still stuck with Carrier prime... :sad:

Yeah, they refuse to change Carrier Prime's stats, for some reason. While I don't actually have issues with my sentinels dying, personally, the discrepancy is ridiculous.

Though Wyrm Prime's shields more than make up for its lowered health in all situations except where there are lots of slash procs and toxin damage.

3 minutes ago, Arc-Vector said:

I was excited when i first heard about Helios Prime, DE were trying to encourage players to use sentinels other than Carrier prime, so i was hoping for its E.HP to be comparable to Carrier prime, but now that I've seen the stats, i'm not sure if i'm even gonna build it.

i did some calculations comparing it to the 3 sentinels with the highest E.HP: (Effective HP includes armor and shield, and calculated with 2 defensive mods equipped)

Carrier prime: 2720 EHP

Wyrm prime / Prisma Shade : 1800 EHP

Helios prime : 1460 EHP

Looks like i'm still stuck with Carrier prime... :sad:

or use prime regen 

1 minute ago, Chipputer said:

Yeah, they refuse to change Carrier Prime's stats, for some reason. While I don't actually have issues with my sentinels dying, personally, the discrepancy is ridiculous.

Though Wyrm Prime's shields more than make up for its lowered health in all situations except where there are lots of slash procs and toxin damage.

You forgot the part where DE nerfs anything that challenges the Carrier.

removed Artax rivens because it's too "weak" dispite latos and etc having rivens.

R.I.P Lanka Diriga you made me smile when DE would not.

Just now, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

or use prime regen 

And even normal regen, specially if you use shields and redirected deflection on Helios.

You just gotta make choices!

2 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

I don't have an issue with Wyrm Prime having those shield values, it's just you see base Wyrm and cry...

Hopefully shield gating will make it shine even more.

Just now, Zahnny said:

You forgot the part where DE nerfs anything that challenges the Carrier.

removed Artax rivens because it's too "weak" dispite latos and etc having rivens.

R.I.P Lanka Diriga you made me smile when DE would not.

Prisma Burst Laser, Artax, and Gas+Crit Vulklok are still better than Sweeper Prime any day, if you ask me.

Hek, give me a Deconstructor over it.

7 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Prisma Burst Laser, Artax, and Gas+Crit Vulklok are still better than Sweeper Prime any day, if you ask me.

Hek, give me a Deconstructor over it.

If you get sweeper P to 100% status, it destroys everything.... Shotgun 100% status and whatnot.

Just now, NightmareT12 said:

And even normal regen, specially if you use shields and redirected deflection on Helios.

You just gotta make choices!

I don't have an issue with Wyrm Prime having those shield values, it's just you see base Wyrm and cry...

Hopefully shield gating will make it shine even more.

Just now, Arc-Vector said:

I do, and the problem is still there, Helios prime with Primed regen will be OK, , Carrier Prime with Primed regen is almost indestructible... 

thought prime one granted a high invulnerability , and regardless its invulnerability .... 

i use all sentinals just fine as is , i find them all useful on different frames personally 

1 minute ago, Skaleek said:

If you get sweeper P to 100% status, it destroys everything.... Shotgun 100% status and whatnot.

If you're lucky enough to get a riven to do it with then be my guest.

But I don't have one so I'll stick to the better options until I get one.

But it's coupled with the greatest Sentinel weapon that ever has been because of the 666 bugs it has. Glaive throw with 5x throw damage than what is listed. Stealth attacks that are prevalent with it. Melee mod usage. And the ridiculously high head-shot only mechanism it has.

Edited by AerinSol

14 minutes ago, AerinSol said:

Glaive throw with 5x throw damage than what is listed.

Wait, what? This is the first time I've heard of this. The only overpowered Deconstructor bug that I've heard of was the one where it fires a bazillion times faster when equipped by any sentinel that isn't Helios.

Could you elaborate on this a bit more?

9 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

Wait, what? This is the first time I've heard of this. The only overpowered Deconstructor bug that I've heard of was the one where it fires a bazillion times faster when equipped by any sentinel that isn't Helios.

I'll try to find the vid of it.

12 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

I try to tell people, all the time, that Deconstructor is unintentionally overpowered for no discernible reason and people refuse to listen. Hopefully @AerinSol helps you see the light, too.

Top it off, it has great status chance.

1 minute ago, AerinSol said:

Although I can't replicate the Deconstructor on other sentinels bug yet.

It's a lot easier if you delete all weapons except the Deconstructor. By that I mean, it's pretty much a 100% chance. I can't part with my multi-forma'd sentinel weapons, though, so I end up spending an hour clicking randomize whenever I want to mess with it. Heh

Just now, Chipputer said:

It's a lot easier if you delete all weapons except the Deconstructor. By that I mean, it's pretty much a 100% chance. I can't part with my multi-forma'd sentinel weapons, though, so I end up spending an hour clicking randomize whenever I want to mess with it. Heh

Aw. I want to keep the Prime laser rifle for keeps. My Prisma Burst Laser is godly with the Diriga's Calculated Shot+Primed Elemental#'s Riven. And my Stinger is pure nostalgia since the Djinn was my first sentinel. I grinded the hell out for it before the other sentinels. But had no plat for catalyst/reactors so it shows 31% the Wyrm someone gifted me.

2 hours ago, AerinSol said:

Days old. No wonder it took me a while to find it.

Thanks for the link! I hadn't considered at all that the listed damage might not be the actual throw damage, since it's classified as a glaive.

Regarding the stealth multiplier thing, though-- one thing that kinda bugged me is that he didn't show the Deconstructor hitting the enemy without a gas build. If the Gas build kills enemies more quickly than other builds by one or two orders of magnitude, then would've been a clear sign that stealth multipliers are at play.

I'll see if I can test this out ingame.

EDIT: Just tested it out, using Excalibur to control whether the enemy is in a forced-stealth-multiplier state or not.

My findings:
- Blinding the enemy had no effect on Deconstructor's damage.
- Damage from the weapon itself barely tickled the enemy.
- For ARMORED enemies, Slash and Gas DoTs took out a sizeable chunk of health per tick. Heat procs were weaker.
- For UNARMORED enemies, Slash and Heat DoTs took out a sizeable chunk of health per tick. Gas procs practically instakilled them.

My conclusion:
- Deconstructor appears to always have stealth multipliers active. This means that it's a friggin' beast if you can proc Slash and/or Gas reliably.

Edited by SortaRandom

30 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

Thanks for the link! I hadn't considered at all that the listed damage might not be the actual throw damage, since it's classified as a glaive.

Regarding the stealth multiplier thing, though-- one thing that kinda bugged me is that he didn't show the Deconstructor hitting the enemy without a gas build. If the Gas build kills enemies more quickly than other builds by one or two orders of magnitude, then would've been a clear sign that stealth multipliers are at play.

I'll see if I can test this out ingame.

It's somehow benefiting from stealth multipliers.

Even without gas you can still get headshot and stealth boosted slash procs every second shot of every three shot burst, so setting your Deconstructor up for, say, Blast/Elec will either give you CC or a super high damage bleed proc.

The weapon is super versatile and very strong for what it is.

5 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

It's somehow benefiting from stealth multipliers.

Even without gas you can still get headshot and stealth boosted slash procs every second shot of every three shot burst, so setting your Deconstructor up for, say, Blast/Elec will either give you CC or a super high damage bleed proc.

The weapon is super versatile and very strong for what it is.

Yeah, I just finished testing and saved my findings a moment ago. Gas builds are friggin' hilarious with this weapon; anything that isn't heavily armored practically gets vaporized if a proc lands.

Edited by SortaRandom

11 hours ago, Chipputer said:

Sentinels only really draw direct aggro when you're down so that whole, "don't put a weapon on them or else they'll die," thing needs to stop.

sentinels with weapons ( especially ones with ranged attacks) will always be killed>> the enemies always returns fire when fired upon. artax while it's decent, only has the cold (slow stun) going for it so a max status duration mod makes it viable at higher levels.

but at those higher levels poison gas, sapping pods, fire waves (eximus) or corpus tech will INSTAKILL that sentinel.

most high level players  never equip a rifle on their sentinel because they want the precept not the attack from them. this is why when you go into pubs and play amongst/with others and their sentinel dies they rather take a death ( begging actually) than to play without one.