Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Muting the Lotus

.Sif.

As the title states. Do you guys ever think there will be a function to turn her voice off? Ordis and the Operator already have these as a function so I find it a bit irritating that she can't be silenced.

If someone does know a way to turn her off and I missed it, please, let me know. :heart:

2 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

Lotus' lines are usually useful compared to the unprovoked commentary of the Operator/Ordis so there's really no need for it, if you were to mute her you'd be giving yourself a disadvantage on game modes like survival where she warns you about the LS.

I actually pay attention to the HUD so I wouldn't be missing her statements.

She is only annoying because she say the same five thing in a row but in different words and/or stating the obvious. Saying like YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY THE GRINEER.
b..but there is only 2 left from the mission to end..  I'm at the point where i want to rip my face off every time i hear her voice. 

I muted Transmissions Volume. You wont hear anything then, but you dont have to listen to her jap down your ear all mission long

5 hours ago, -Amaterasu- said:

you'd be giving yourself a disadvantage on game modes like survival where she warns you about the LS.

Those are important lines sure, but how bout when the door locks, a bright yellow light comes up from the corner, and you're slowly losing health now. All visual cues that there's a lock-down in progress. When I drop the air-support charge that would clear all that, it takes an extra 30 seconds to activate because Lotus won't stop gabbing.

as much as I like space-mom, and the work Rebecca puts into voicing her, I have long been at the point of not wanting to hear the same lines over and over. I enjoy the Clem missions where we get Darvo talking to us instead. personally I wish we could choose who we want as our "advisor", and switch them whenever we want, then things wouldn't be as bad.

12 hours ago, Kuestenjung said:

If you would have put this thread into feedback, then yes. Maybe some day. But since you have put it into general discussion this feature will never be added. /s

Seriously I am hoping for such a feature for a long time now.

Sorry, I didn't know where to put the thread. As you can see from my post count I don't come to the forums often. I'll see about requesting to have this thread moved by one of the moderators to the appropriate location.

In addition to turning the "Transmissions" slider in Options->Audio to 0% (which will also mute all other in-game transmissions) you can try to turn the "Enable hint transmissions" off as well.  This slider will mute the more common Lotus transmissions found in a lot of missions.

On 2/25/2017 at 0:35 AM, Delamir said:

She is only annoying because she say the same five thing in a row but in different words and/or stating the obvious. Saying like YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY THE GRINEER.
b..but there is only 2 left from the mission to end..  I'm at the point where i want to rip my face off every time i hear her voice. 

I muted Transmissions Volume. You wont hear anything then, but you dont have to listen to her jap down your ear all mission long

"Multiple biosignatures detected. You have infested incoming."

"Really? Infested, here? On ERIS?" 

"A large assault team is on the way to your location. It's the Grineer."

"Well, I'm on a Grineer ship, on a Grineer held planet, so...NO GUFF, CHET."