Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Riven?

S.Faiz

Question

13 answers to this question

I'll give up on doing sorties period if they introduce melee or warframe rivens, I'm not even joking.  The whole system is misguided (imo), terribly designed, and has been poorly managed.  There are still substantial issues without even getting into creature comforts like "being able to lock certain stats".

If they want to introduce anymore types of Rivens then they need to first fix the system.

melees... do not... need... rivens...

when it comes to weapons and balance in-game, melee weapons are BY FAR the most balanced of them all. Since rivens were introduced to retain balance in the game, and melees are already somewhat balanced, it would make sense for them to not mess with it. Just... leave melees alone. it's not worth it.

9 hours ago, redeyedtreefrog said:

when it comes to weapons and balance in-game, melee weapons are BY FAR the most balanced of them all. Since rivens were introduced to retain balance in the game, and melees are already somewhat balanced, it would make sense for them to not mess with it. Just... leave melees alone. it's not worth it.

Most melee weapons do not need rivens. If they only made a few for weapons like the skana, gram, cleavers, or other very low tier melee weapons I'd like it. I've always wanted Kestrel or Dual Cleavers (or any weapon with a syndicate augment besides rakta dagger because that weapon is insane) to be actually useful

I've been curious if they're going to include +% Reach in the melee Rivens.

The weapons with the largest Reach are already top of the list.

I feel like the addition of Rivens for melee will just allow some of the weapons which have lost steam over the years like Orthos Prime to go right back to the top.

I see no point in melee Rivens not to mention we will then have 6 staple mods for melee loadouts. Why even have a modding option for melee?

On 2/25/2017 at 0:16 PM, redeyedtreefrog said:

False. Some melee weapons are not viable regardless of builds. Same thing applies to primaries and secondaries and rivens make these weapons much more viable at higher levels. Not having melee rivens wouldn't make sense if you have shotgun, rifle, and pistol rivens.

Edited by CherryPauper

On 26/2/2017 at 3:17 AM, Xzorn said:

I've been curious if they're going to include +% Reach in the melee Rivens.

The weapons with the largest Reach are already top of the list.

I feel like the addition of Rivens for melee will just allow some of the weapons which have lost steam over the years like Orthos Prime to go right back to the top.

I see no point in melee Rivens not to mention we will then have 6 staple mods for melee loadouts. Why even have a modding option for melee?

On the other hand, I wonder about the posibilities of negative range

Will you hit nothing? Will you hit someone behind you? If you hit behind you, what happens to radial attacks?

We got healing bullets, anything is possible.