Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Will Warframes Meet Their Match?

16 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

The G3 is my favorite group of enemies. I hope one day they will get a story about them. Diving deep into what they are about

have you read the Codex on them? it shows medical reports on them from Dr Tengus, as well as a letter from Sargas Ruk to Vay Hek discouraging the use of the G3 after they "cost him".

regarding a match for Warframes, the best Corpus and Grineer units are tough, but a team of 4 frames can beat them with relative ease. Sentients en masse would be VERY problematic, but I really don't think that the game is ready for that just yet: Sentients would have to be tweaked and maybe nerfed, otherwise most would complain if they had to fight a dozen Battalysts at once (their guns are kinda OP). Stalker essentially plays us at our own game, being an individual unit (or squad with Acolytes) that harasses and then leaves us alone, the same way we do to the enemy factions.

6 hours ago, Omnipower said:

Tenshin is also a match for us i wont go into detail since its still a spoiler? i think.  But ill just say this he was holding back.

more than likely, though I don't think it would be impossible for a skilled Tenno to kill him. it would be your classic "you did that one move that's super hard to learn/a well kept secret! how did you know how to do that?!" scenario. either that, or land a lucky hit with your 7 Forma Nikana Prime with multiple complex elements that can melt everything.

personally I'd wait until he exposes himself and give him both barrels of the Tigris Prime, not even space dad is getting up after that.

7 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Sentients are pretty tough. The day we get sentient missions, the game stops becoming a simple horde shooter. No way we're defeating 100s of sentient like enemies.

Unless we get an Eleventh Hour Super Power @$$ pull.

Mirage was able to kill swarms of Sentients lore wise.

Still waiting for the Devil Trigger Steve said Focus would be.

9 hours ago, Roominashum said:

That's true

Thank goodness for her motherly personality -______-

Yeah.. sure.. hides us away when everybody else deems us too dangerous to let live. Comes back clem knows how long after and now commands a legion of highly skilled murderous children with a mother complex bordering on the Oedipal, which she unleashes on two unsuspecting factions who are trying to piece together a world which HER race has torn apart.

Motherly personality ... only if with "motherly" you mean omnicidal megalomaniac then maybe...

:D

Edited by ComCray

12 hours ago, Roominashum said:

That's true

Thank goodness for her motherly personality -______-

Its not cause of a motherly personality she saved us.

The lore is she saved us cause she cant have children of her own cause of *insert reason here* so since we were/are kids she said ill just make them my children instead of doing infantcide, if it still counts at that point in tenno life XD.

6 hours ago, Krhymez said:

They already have... they are called "nullifiers" 

Put enough in a room.... the warframe cant do anything.

I don't know about you, but I could easily decimate a room full of nullifiers.

There are far more difficult enemies than those. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Thats another thing I wonna know. How did the Corpus figure out that they can nullify warframes?

They didn't, DE just needed us the players to get screwed over.

Because lorewise if nullifiers were real, then they may as well just deploy an entire army of nullifiers around whatever they need the Tenno to stay away from. Spy vaults? Turn on the bubble and rotate patrols. No way we're getting through those if stealth abilities deactivate the moment we touch them.

26 minutes ago, HyokaChan said:

They didn't, DE just needed us the players to get screwed over.

Because lorewise if nullifiers were real, then they may as well just deploy an entire army of nullifiers around whatever they need the Tenno to stay away from. Spy vaults? Turn on the bubble and rotate patrols. No way we're getting through those if stealth abilities deactivate the moment we touch them.

Just my 2 pennies here:

I doubt its that easy for Corpus to spam nullifiers, the packs look large and cumbersome to use and they keep them turned off (now they do anyway) when they are not alerted, leading me to conclude they are costly to run, build and use in the field. Walking around every single data vault with these babies on full time might be more costly than losing the data they protect.

Also factor in that enemies cannot shoot into the bubbles either, much like Frosts bubble, and any WF could run around laughing while hacking and crushing all the way, while the corpus couldnt effectively use their biggest strength, ranged weapons.

This ofc falls apart at high levels but doesnt everything in the game? Kinda like reverse quantum physics.

More on-topic:

The Warframes were created to fight Sentients which had nearly destroyed the Orokin Empire. Looks like the Orokin bit off more than they could chew, serves them bloody well right! After creating weapon after weapon let loose in the system it was only a matter of time before thay created something bigger than themselves and the Warframes, along with the Tenno, were just that thing.

The Corpus carry on in much the same old Orokin way but now thanks to the Warframes they are challenged. As for the Grineer! How on earth could you ever consider the Grineer as part of trying to "rebuild the system" is beyond me, they are more fanatical and crazy than the Corpus. Grineer aim to wipe everything in the system out and have Grineer as the only thing left.

Good thread, I always enjoy reading and musing on lore from this game.

"When the new evil came, we were not ready." - Teshin

The Sentients pretended to be defeated. The might of their race is described as "horrors and nightmares" and they believed the Tenno to be dead.

Now they know that their ruse failed.

Want to bet those sentient mechas will be a challenge? Want to bet those swarming enemies that overwhelmed Mirage will be a challenge? 

We aint seen nothin yet.

Problem of making enemies that can be considered a "match" for a warframe is just the insane range of different variables. Most important of which is the entire concept of enemies scaling up via levels. Then of course there is the clear problem of a disconnect that comes with these enemies. The game itself is a clear cut horde shooter. It is us versus a vastly more numerous enemy. Most everyone who you could be considered "built for endgame" are some variation of stupid high damage AoE spam build. Be it weapons or abilities. 

Suddenly throw in an enemy that rocks the boat of that concept just a little bit and we get the Nullifier issue.