Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I adore this game... but.

Hopeofhell

8 minutes ago, Rivyn said:

600 hours in five weeks? Cheezus, there's your problem right there. 

Yeaaaaahhh... actually doing the math something doesn't seem right with hat number lol. 5 weeks is 840 hours. Take away 600 and you're left with 240. The average human body needs about 8 hours of sleep a day. In 5 weeks that'd be 280 hours. Good lord buddy, OP needs to get some frikken rest and take a break! Go outside. Get some fresh air. Something. Warframe is a great game, but geez.

The notion of endgame is really amusing, it is just a mental aspect.  You define it as as 'push a player to the limits of what they can do with the current gear' (not an uncommon definition).  Think about this at its core. It is what you are doing as soon as you start playing a game, especially for games like Warframe.

Likewise in MMORPGs (which warframe is rather different to anyway), once you have all the gear from that top end stuff, the "endgame" doesn't cease to exist, it is still there.  Just like sorties and trials are still there even if you dont need anything from them anymore.

Sooner or later the challenge in the game rests on your sholders, no matter how much content the developers add.

14 minutes ago, Loswaith said:

The notion of endgame is really amusing, it is just a mental aspect.  You define it as as 'push a player to the limits of what they can do with the current gear' (not an uncommon definition).  Think about this at its core. It is what you are doing as soon as you start playing a game, especially for games like Warframe.

Likewise in MMORPGs (which warframe is rather different to anyway), once you have all the gear from that top end stuff, the "endgame" doesn't cease to exist, it is still there.  Just like sorties and trials are still there even if you dont need anything from them anymore.

Sooner or later the challenge in the game rests on your sholders, no matter how much content the developers add.

This. When people talk about endgame in Warframe, I wonder what it is they see was 'endgame.' It all comes down to grinding out the best gear and abilities, raids, clan events, etc. We have that atm. So, when people cry out for endgame, what is it they're expecting? Some ultimate boss or a wrap up to a story? A massive dungeon that we have to raid five hundred thousand times for the ultimate mod? 

1 hour ago, SoldadoVzla said:

I play since November and I barely have 250 hours

GG

Ive been playing for nearly 2 years and barely have 250 hours. Mind you i did take a break from it to try other games as well as not playing every day up until recently (by playing i mean hop on and collect my extracters and daily reward). I might only ever hop on every 2 days to actually play as is.

Ya ok im just done here.
Your all just a bunch of blithering idiots who do nothing but circle jerk each other.

ill say this again just so you guys can understand. Yes i play too much but i am far from burnt out or exhausted, god dam you guys just want to not see the point im making.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)DRG JupiterIvan said:

Yeaaaaahhh... actually doing the math something doesn't seem right with hat number lol. 5 weeks is 840 hours. Take away 600 and you're left with 240. The average human body needs about 8 hours of sleep a day. In 5 weeks that'd be 280 hours. Good lord buddy, OP needs to get some frikken rest and take a break! Go outside. Get some fresh air. Something. Warframe is a great game, but geez.

And btw your math is aweful. Go back to grade school.

18 hours ago, hopeofhell1 said:

So i adore this as a idea but man it feels AWEFULL to get a riven that is for a gun you dont like... but why is that.

AWFUL*

AWEFULL = Full of "awe". Synonym for "incredible"

might wanna edit that ;)

What..? I've been here for, well, pretty much forever. You've already got a third of my playtime, and more mastery rank to boot. I'd say yeah, might want to switch it up a bit and do some other things too. Since I'm an "artist" for example I spend my time offline either working or drawing.

As for endgame content, sure there's nothing obvious but hey, Endless missions will scale to pretty much infinity if you let them. For one thing we've got John Prodman (aka my husbando) who will spawn late in the Index, giving a unique autographed poster "trophy". We've got those Arcanes sure (that I haven't exactly bothered to smack yet), suicidal brave folks who summon Juggernauts in sorties, Corpus-sided invasions with seas of napalms, 40 wave high level defenses, tactical alerts (though not always available), and my personal favorite... the Simulacrum. Sure the Simulacrum doesen't exactly reward you, but little challenges can be fun. Examples I've attempted: 20 lv50 Napalm Eximus, lv100 Tomb Guardian (If you aren't quick, you're 1-shotted), a mini-siege of lv60 Bursas and a Lynx, the toughest Executioners vs Brokers at once,20  Max level Ancients "New Loka on Steroids", whatever else your self-sadistic brain can think of. Heck, you can put the maxed Juggernaut here too if you're crazy. I failed most of those!~

I dunno, just some ideas on potentially challenging things. Granted armor scaling will be an issue with a lot of these. Just trying to get the gears grinding, yes?

On 08/03/2017 at 11:03 AM, Crimson_Fury said:

Something like that happened to me a long time ago, so I went and created a clan of my own, tried other aspects of the game I had not tried yet.

Managing a clan, designing a dojo, getting dojo pigments, decorating it, fufilling research projects, creating a community of players takes time but and might be dull for some players but it can be very rewarding to some others too, in my humble opinion farming/grinding will always be ever present in the game but you cannot underestimate social aspects while playing it :)

we grind to aquire stuff, without something to grind for.... why grind?  once you have done your pokemon "catch em all" there has to be a part of the game to use your collection on, which is exactly what we dont have, we have grind, more grind, and more grind to get the latest "thing", there needs to be something/somewhere to actually have fun with all those toys you have collected and that has been warframe's long running failure...

3 hours ago, Methanoid said:

we grind to aquire stuff, without something to grind for.... why grind?  once you have done your pokemon "catch em all" there has to be a part of the game to use your collection on, which is exactly what we dont have, we have grind, more grind, and more grind to get the latest "thing", there needs to be something/somewhere to actually have fun with all those toys you have collected and that has been warframe's long running failure...

you focus so much in the grind part that you are overlooking the rest, but eh, to each his own, I dont let the grind dictate the terms on how I have fun in the game, sometimes I spend entire weeks without grinding anything, just helping other clan mates or trading or teaching stuff, testing builds for warframes or weapons, running the clan, there is still fun beyond the grind in my humble opinion.

I've played this game since the day it came out publically. We need endgame content. There needs to be a planetoid with lvl 80 enemies at the start. I don't want to sit through the easy S#&$ for an hour to test my builds.

Anyone who hears "I already have 600 hours and want more to do" clearly doesn't understand burnouts. He wants more, that's literally the opposite

My in game profile says I have around 3200 hours, I have been playing for just a hair over 2 years. I still play daily, despite the fact that there is nothing left I need. I do not think we need a high level area to call end game, because doing the same thing with bigger numbers is fairly pointless. That said, what if we were to get these missions, and the rewards were just more of the same? I doubt they would be played, and instead the forums would be flooded with complaints about the lackluster rewards of the new endgame missions. Of course, if the rewards are up to the standards of these forums, it won't be long before the complaints of wanting a new area for endgame vets return. The cycle once started would have no logical stopping point, and as I see it it is best to not start. If you are bored, take a break. Take a lengthy one. Come back when there is enough newness to entertain you again. Me, I still enjoy the game in its current state, and have no interest in cheesing oneshotting enemies into training dummies. That bores me more than anything else in this game ever could.

If we assume that you spent the normal human allotment of time (8 hrs.) sleeping during that 5 weeks it would come to 280 hours. According to what you say though you only spent roughly 240 hours NOT playing warframe during the period of time in question. Which would seem to indicate that you spent every waking moment playing warframe for 5 straight weeks.

I usually don't say this to people I don't know, but...please stop. I'm worried about you. You're like one of those korean dudes you hear about dying after playing starcraft or some S#&$ for like 72 straight hours.

Also please stop complaining that 5 straight weeks of content wasn't enough. No developer could possibly keep up with that level of binge gameplay.

4 hours ago, Crimson_Fury said:

you focus so much in the grind part that you are overlooking the rest, but eh, to each his own, I dont let the grind dictate the terms on how I have fun in the game, sometimes I spend entire weeks without grinding anything, just helping other clan mates or trading or teaching stuff, testing builds for warframes or weapons, running the clan, there is still fun beyond the grind in my humble opinion.

there isnt anything else but grind, you grind MR, you grind resources, you grind parts/frames, you grind affinity etc, remove grind of any kind and you are left with.... chat?

53 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

there isnt anything else but grind, you grind MR, you grind resources, you grind parts/frames, you grind affinity etc, remove grind of any kind and you are left with.... chat?

you see only what you want to see and as much as you are entitled to your opinion so am I, moreover I dont have any more interest in following your rethoric.

Edited by Crimson_Fury

1 hour ago, Methanoid said:

You forgot Wyrmius and Flappy Zephyr.

I've been playing for... almost a year... actually I think I get 350 days tomorrow...

And while only MR18 I find the "end game" to be my interest in refining my (mostly Prime) frames into very specific builds, take my Saryn, I never played her, got her to 30 didn't touch the frame for 6 months, until I got the Zenistar... 10 forma later and she's busting @ss with a Riven Zarr, Riven Twin Rigga, a status Zenistar and busting through sortie in a Graxx Skin, she's now one of my favourite frames.

3 hours ago, rawnerv said:

I'm hearing you hopeofhell1 a few nodes the start at lvl100 would be awesome.

Suddenly unranked newbies/leeches join your session.... 

Oh I know pugs are tainted but I bet someone will definitely post a thread about it when implemented. 

Edited by Volinus7

On Wednesday, March 08, 2017 at 7:42 PM, hopeofhell1 said:

I mean even if im not one shotting things, im two shotting them... and even if i am i have to be trying to go down to go down in anything that isnt an hour in or Sortie day3 when im hugging 7 bombards

Like I said, you are killing enemies with one or two shots, then use weaker weapons. You don't have go 60 mins in an Mot with none meta weapons, you'll be challenged  a lot sooner.There's challenge  there if you want it,without going an hour or mission 3 sorties.

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 7:13 AM, hopeofhell1 said:

Legit only one person so far has understood my point.
Im not burnt out at all and the fact im still playing this game happyly at all to the amount i still do proves im not burnt out at all.

All im trying to do is point out my very few issues i have with this game.

^ This person was the only person to understand im legit just trying to throw my two thoughts in to hopefully show someone on DE these are things some people want improved apon. 

Its why nobody bothers making forum suggestions. People blindly defend DE and claim you are burnt out, completely ignoring what you wrote. Its amazing how many people are like this.

21 hours ago, Void.Soul said:

If we assume that you spent the normal human allotment of time (8 hrs.) sleeping during that 5 weeks it would come to 280 hours. According to what you say though you only spent roughly 240 hours NOT playing warframe during the period of time in question. Which would seem to indicate that you spent every waking moment playing warframe for 5 straight weeks.

I usually don't say this to people I don't know, but...please stop. I'm worried about you. You're like one of those korean dudes you hear about dying after playing starcraft or some S#&$ for like 72 straight hours.

Also please stop complaining that 5 straight weeks of content wasn't enough. No developer could possibly keep up with that level of binge gameplay.

Grind is not content. In reality, WF has very very little content. Its mostly just grinding. And i like how you have completely ignored the points he has made in trying to blindly defend DE. How are DE going to improve things if people like you shut down any potential conversation, because youdon't like it.

On 8.3.2017 at 0:36 PM, Soketsu said:

Yeah clearly need a edgame, the old void was a substitute, but the new void syste remove any interest to do so

Riven... DE love to add mod for fixing things, like "heavy impact" back when the exalibur 3rd spell was a pointless super jump

And what exactly stops you from doing this endgaem still?

Not getting proper rewards?

You sitll get relics in the Void which you can get prime items technicly shorter and better now with friends due higher drpchance or choosign something more valuable then lets say old void rotation gettign orokin celsl after 20 or 40 minutes.

This excuse gets old sorry. The Challange is still there if that is your so called endgame and rewards are tuned down to relics yes but you can get as many you want also there and not burn yourself out in it while doing fissures instead as break in between.