The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To the guys that saved 3000 dudes in one mission.

2Peter3Nine

People keep asking what their frames were.

They had two Limbos with the Haven augment, which heals a friendly target when you cast Banish. A maxed Haven heals 25%. In the video it was healing at least 50% so there's some power strength on those Limbos. They kept the Kavor at max health by re-banishing them. This is why they didn't need Trinity.

They also had two Frosts which created paths of snow globes with Chilling Globe to freeze enemies. The globes were very big so I'm assuming they'd stacked power range to around 285% minimum.

3 minutes ago, Hamstertron said:

People keep asking what their frames were.

They had two Limbos with the Haven augment, which heals a friendly target when you cast Banish. A maxed Haven heals 25%. In the video it was healing at least 50% so there's some power strength on those Limbos. They kept the Kavor at max health by re-banishing them. This is why they didn't need Trinity.

They also had two Frosts which created paths of snow globes with Chilling Globe to freeze enemies. The globes were very big so I'm assuming they'd stacked power range to around 285% minimum.

And probably using Snowglobe impact forcing enemies into the walls and doing insane damage to keep getting kills at high level for life support. And Huras to keep them invisible while picking up life support etc, or when they needed to take a short break. 

8 hours ago, -dicht.Amducias- said:

DE is not at fault for people doing long runs. They are not responsible for it either, the players can choose themselves what to do and they are responsible for their health and time by themselves.

6 hours ago, -dicht.Amducias- said:

We definitely didnt do that run just for a weapon or any reward.

First of all, congrats on your achievement.

Back to the topic... Have you wondered why Facebook and Twitter are under fire for child p*rn and harassment where the ultimate perpetrators are the users? It's the same argument here.  I know people got used to the existence of endless mission types already in there game where anyone, if they want to, can continuously run one mission for unhealthy amount of time.  But DE gets a pass here because it doesn't technically encourages players to do unhealthy long runs due to the fact that the rewards don't scale with how long people are staying in a mission.

However, in an environment where clans are competing each other, and due to bad math from DE's part, many in the Moon clans have no choice to conduct unhealthily long runs in this event in order to get the reward.  This is where the line should have been drawn, and it should have not been breached.

The last thing any of us here want to see here is the news a twitch broadcaster playing warframe dies from a marathon session farming digital sh*t.  But this is the direction DE is shaping the game towards to, evident of this event.

Well congratz on your patience but as many mention before I hope that in the future DE comes up with better Clan events, not so much about breaking the system. Don't get me wrong I had a lot of fun with my clan, but only cause it was something new and a great excuse to play together, if future events are like this won't be as fun.. don't transform this great idea into an awful boring grind please DE PLEAAAAASE

Warframe is like bubble wrap popping, dudes can keep popping forever but when someone tells them to pop like 1billion bubbles in one week they will realize that popping is boring if someone orders you to do it. And in some case they will think that thousands of hours spent on it was such a waste of time, this is where self-protection of human psyche kicks in and make a delusion that time was well spent to exchange some deceiving fun because they don't want to look at it as a foolish action.

2 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

And probably using Snowglobe impact forcing enemies into the walls and doing insane damage to keep getting kills at high level for life support. And Huras to keep them invisible while picking up life support etc, or when they needed to take a short break. 

They did not need to kill anything since Limbo's Haven was able to heal them instead of the healing stations (aka the "life support" you mention). They only got 189 Mutagen samples. I played for two hours and got 120 samples. After 16 hours they should have had substantially more if they were killing things. It may not be possible to kill at that level though. He put his reticle over a charger and it was level 9846. 

Edited by Hamstertron

Seeing this sort of stuff makes me wonder whether goals in clan events should be based off personal bests or not. Leaning towards no as it at least encourages/permits a break and not this sort of behaviour.

I know I certainly would've felt more inclined to play more than considering going through a tedious 2+ hour run. To be honest that's what I was looking forward to, whereby I'd be in a 'Hmm I want to play Warframe but I'm not too sure what' and then think 'Ah, guess I'll play the event a few times and boost our clans scores'. Not tedious, tiring and mindnumbing sessions.

2 hours ago, Naith said:

Seeing this sort of stuff makes me wonder whether goals in clan events should be based off personal bests or not. Leaning towards no as it at least encourages/permits a break and not this sort of behaviour.

I know I certainly would've felt more inclined to play more than considering going through a tedious 2+ hour run. To be honest that's what I was looking forward to, whereby I'd be in a 'Hmm I want to play Warframe but I'm not too sure what' and then think 'Ah, guess I'll play the event a few times and boost our clans scores'. Not tedious, tiring and mindnumbing sessions.

That would have been even worse.

Instead of one less than 2 hour run to get a score in the top 10%, you would have been competing with clans playing as close to 24/7 for the duration of the event as they could manage.

4 hours ago, Jenvas1306 said:

I don't think that any game should ever encourage playing for 16 or anything close to that.

The game didn't, there weren't any rewards for playing the mission for that long, it was just a goal those players set to challenge themselves.

22 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

That would have been even worse.

Instead of one less than 2 hour run to get a score in the top 10%, you would have been competing with clans playing as close to 24/7 for the duration of the event as they could manage.

Mhm but not entirely, both are really a double-edged sword. The problem I frequently encountered - at least it seemed that way - with my clan is that members saw that it was a personal best score. That ultimately meant doing similar runs to that the one I've mentioned, opposed to encouraging random members to saying lets do a run of this for a bit or I'll help XYZ out etc.

Right, so yeah, my clan did manage to make it into the top 10% but I got the impression that people had to be really encouraged to do that which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but the reasons behind it need to be examined. People generally said the event was boring a tedious. Being 'forced' - not entirely, but somewhat for a portion - to do even longer and tedious runs only intensifies that feeling of negativity and lack of enthusiasm. In a way at least those who don't want to or are unable to do lengthy runs either due to time restraints, interest or even PC spec's, stand a chance by just adding to the score as they go along.

Overall I think I'm still against personal bests.

Edited by Naith

20 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

False. I know them, and their exact setup and vauban was not in this list at all. Do not just assume for the sake of free upvotes. They did no exploiting and powered through 12 hours of the event with some small breaks. Determination was all they needed, and an awesome host and team setup :)

Some of ther names started also with -- Q --, is that a clan thing?

Edited by (PS4)lhbuch