The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia

W00FR

Very nice name for sure but one thing... Every pony fan collectively sighed at that name revile for the Bard frame.

Expect Octavia colored Octavias all over warframe. You have been warned

Edited by Filly90

Really, i mean really, this is a supid thing to assume, like this name was only used in MLP?

Octavia is simply a name thing for music stuff like it is in MLP itself.

Forgive me but those are the same dumb threads of assuming certain name and things origiate from this and that, like in League of Legends where i remembr one guy in the forum assumed Frost Deluxe skin i belive it was was origninated form there insted of it beeign based on Nordic Mytholgys Frost Giants. Or people thinking Wukong ist just a Son Goku copy, while both are based on the same source.

I not expect everyone to know everything of course not, i myself assume soem things originating from this and that without knowing the real one.

Could we not start this before it is out even?

Edited by Marine027

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

There aren't enough pony fans for that to even remotely be a possibility.

If you really believe that, I implore you to check out some Fallout and The Elder Scrolls mods. Or mods for just about every game that you can mod. You will find, quicker than you thought you would, a collection of MLP mods.

3 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Really, i mean really, this is a supid thing to assume, like this name was only used in MLP?

Forgive me but those are the same dumb threads of assuming certain name and things origiate from this and that, like in League of Legends where i remembr one guy in the forum assumed Frost Deluxe skin i belive it was was origninated form there insted of it beeign based on Nordic Mytholgys Frost Giants. Or people thinking Wukong ist just a Son Goku copy, while both are based on the same source.

I not expect everyone to know everything of course not, i myself assume soem things originating from this and that without knowing the real one.

This ^

How short-sighted to people have to be, to start hating on a frame, over a name relating to MLP?, You know it's only the people who watch the show, who will understand what the name is here, people who have never played or watched MLP related stuff, will NEVER know this

So what's the issue? 

Rabid fanboys of any fandom will find references where they arent any if they squint hard enough. But if the odd little clique of mlp fans wants to make up some reference in their minds that isnt really there it doesnt really affect me. Since I dont even know any of these mlp references I wouldnt notice if someone was trying to color a frame like the show and thus do not care in the slightest.

3 minutes ago, Filly90 said:

That is what you think

Know. That is what I know.

Do you know why there weren't One Punch Atlas's ''all over Warframe'' when he was released? Because there isn't a sufficient number of people to make this a reality. At all.

I reckon that at most 5-10% of people will colour their frame ''Octave'' or whatever. That isn't ''all over'' by any definition.

4 minutes ago, Venule said:

If you really believe that, I implore you to check out some Fallout and The Elder Scrolls mods. Or mods for just about every game that you can mod. You will find, quicker than you thought you would, a collection of MLP mods.

I've played plenty and modded plenty, a few MLP mods in Bethesda games doesn't mean there's a large enough fanbase in Warframe for this to happen.

3 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

This ^

How short-sighted to people have to be, to start hating on a frame, over a name relating to MLP?, You know it's only the people who watch the show, who will understand what the name is here, people who have never played or watched MLP related stuff, will NEVER know this

So what's the issue? 

Where did you get that anyone hates the frame? Why would anyone hate an unreleased frame? Read what the OP said please. It just says that the reference will be all of the forums.

Edited by --Q--Kyl0Ren

4 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

But here is the question. Who said anybody was assuming anything? This wasn't directed to everybody. It was just a statement to mostly pony players of this game. There WILL be many. I get it, you wanted to make a long statement about how you shouldn't assume things before something is out. Yet, here it is.

4 minutes ago, --Q--Kyl0Ren said:

Where did you get that anyone hates the frame? Why would anyone hate an unreleased frame? Read what the OP said please. It just says that the reference will be all of the forums.

I did, OP is assuming people will hate the frame, cuz it's based off a little girl's show, that grown men, happen to watch.

Case closed my friend  

3 minutes ago, Filly90 said:

But here is the question. Who said anybody was assuming anything? This wasn't directed to everybody. It was just a statement to mostly pony players of this game. There WILL be many. I get it, you wanted to make a long statement about how you shouldn't assume things before something is out. Yet, here it is.

You assumed it by startign this thread and now you are not happy people answering to it and sharing tehre thoughts on such?

Eather you are trolling or just not realize that you did this on purpose. Or you did it on purpose and play dumb now.

Look at yourself then before you judge me.

1 minute ago, Marine027 said:

You assumed it by startign this thread and now you are not happy people answering to it and sharing tehre thoughts on such?

Eather you are trolling or just not realize that you did this on purpose. Or you did it on purpose and play dumb now.

Look at yourself then before you judge me.

Option 4 actually: Maybe I simply posted something because I wanted to. You can take it how you want. I don't care what you think about it or care if you think I was assuming something. It doesn't change the fact that I posted it or change the fact that this is a pointless conversation. It's going nowhere and wasting both of our time.

Look at yourself before you judge me.

6 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

I did, OP is assuming people will hate the frame, cuz it's based off a little girl's show, that grown men, happen to watch.

Case closed my friend  

" Very nice name for sure but one thing... Every pony fan collectively sighed at that name revile for the Bard frame.

Expect Octavia colored Octavias all over warframe. You have been warned "

Again just to enlighten me,  Where does it say that people will hate the frame ? just says expect those type of coloring scheme. Maybe im just taking things as they are posted and not reading too much into it. No hate or salt please im just trying to understand what you meant.

Edited by --Q--Kyl0Ren

Just now, --Q--Kyl0Ren said:

" Very nice name for sure but one thing... Every pony fan collectively sighed at that name revile for the Bard frame.

Expect Octavia colored Octavias all over warframe. You have been warned "

Again just to enlighten me,  Where does it say that people will hate the frame ? just says expect those type of coloring scheme. Maybe im just taking things as they are posted and not reading too much into it.

I'll be honest. I never said I hated it or said it was a bad thing. People will take things as they want to take things. If they think I hate it or anybody hates it. Let them. They are wasting their own time.

Anyways I really don't see this being a big thing. The MLP group is close knit because they need to be, after all, like all furry subset groups they tend to catch a lot of flack for their interests. But just because a group is close knit or loud when needed so people don't abuse them, doesn't mean they are huge or are going to overwhelm public games with references to their favorite show. 

That's all I'm disagreeing with on the thread. I just don't think this will be as big a thing as the OP thinks. 

Will some people color their frames like the reference to this show? I'm sure some will. Will it be even close to the majority? Almost certainly not imo. 

Either way more power to you. If it's not hurting anyone and it makes you enjoy the game more go right ahead. Just please don't spam references in chat in public games lol -- and I mean this about any fandom. It would be just as annoying, for example, if someone starts using Limbo after the new rework and spams JoJo memes in chat as they play. And I don't even mind that anime.