The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia

W00FR

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Anyways I really don't see this being a big thing. The MLP group is close knit because they need to be, after all, like all furry subset groups they tend to catch a lot of flack for their interests. But just because a group is close knit or loud when needed so people don't abuse them, doesn't mean they are huge or are going to overwhelm public games with references to their favorite show. 

That's all I'm disagreeing with on the thread. I just don't think this will be as big a thing as the OP thinks. 

Will some people color their frames like the reference to this show? I'm sure some will. Will it be even close to the majority? Almost certainly not imo. 

Either way more power to you. If it's not hurting anyone and it makes you enjoy the game more go right ahead. Just please don't spam references in chat in public games lol -- and I mean this about any fandom. It would be just as annoying, for example, if someone starts using Limbo after the new rework and spams JoJo memes in chat as they play. And I don't even mind that anime. 

I never said it will be a big thing. In fact I will be honest. This was a S#&$post. People just went overboard like they always do on the forums.

5 minutes ago, Filly90 said:

I never said it will be a big thing. In fact I will be honest. This was a S#&$post. People just went overboard like they always do on the forums.

Yeah but you did. Don't lie.

''Expect Octavia colored Octavias all over warframe. You have been warned''

If that isn't someone making it out to be a big thing then I don't know what is.

Your S#&$post is no match for my rational thinking.

15 minutes ago, --Q--Kyl0Ren said:

" Very nice name for sure but one thing... Every pony fan collectively sighed at that name revile for the Bard frame.

Expect Octavia colored Octavias all over warframe. You have been warned "

Again just to enlighten me,  Where does it say that people will hate the frame ? just says expect those type of coloring scheme. Maybe im just taking things as they are posted and not reading too much into it. No hate or salt please im just trying to understand what you meant.

Oh, not to worry, I was just agreeing with the other person, on how silly the topic was made for, as in my own heart, it can be seen as click-bait, of some kind, for those players who are MLP fans. As in all in their own right, it's what they enjoy and love.

Perhaps OP was not "hating" or anything, but still pointing out that, MLP players will be "delighted" and colouring their frames to match the MLP, Is what I find odd. As I said, it may come down on click-bating the MLP players to come and like every other community, there will be haters. Who will go about their day to make the "Likers" feel bad?

We are only human after all. Dumb humans, if I might add, Hah!  

Edited by -Platinum-

17 minutes ago, Filly90 said:

Option 4 actually: Maybe I simply posted something because I wanted to. You can take it how you want. I don't care what you think about it or care if you think I was assuming something. It doesn't change the fact that I posted it or change the fact that this is a pointless conversation. It's going nowhere and wasting both of our time.

Look at yourself before you judge me.

If you not care why answer to me then? I have a right ot make my opinion here and apperently you are the one not liking it.

Also, trying to use my last sentence on me aswell is lame. You are officialy now a troll to me.

1 minute ago, -Platinum- said:

Oh, not to worry, I was just agreeing with the other person, on how silly the topic was made for, as in my own heart, it can be seen as click-bait, of some kind, for those players who are MLP fans. As in all in their own right, it's what they enjoy and love.

Perhaps OP was not "hating" or anything, but still pointing out that, MLP players will be "delighted" and colouring their frames to match the MLP, is odd. As I said, it may come down on click-bating the MLP players to come and like every other community, there will be haters. Who will go about their day to make the "Likers" feel bad?

We are only human after all. Dumb humans, if I might add, Hah!  

Like I said before. I am not hating. I was just mostly making a dumb joke that got blown out of proportion. I understand why they are all mad but doesn't change the fact that I don't care nor want to care what they think. Only reason I am even replying to them is because I find it amusing how they try to make points against my post when I or most people shouldn't even care for it.

2 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

If you not care why answer to me then? I have a right ot make my opinion here and apperently you are the one not liking it.

Also, trying to use my last sentence on me aswell is lame. You are officialy now a troll to me.

Thanks BB. 

Also it's "If you don't care, why answer to me then?"

Edited by Filly90

30 minutes ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

Behold the newest warframe... cello will win the mellee weapon contest to go with her... 😉

Put it this way, the term Octavia means quite a few things, for Example:

female, sexual appeal that may be difficult for her to embrace, leaving her with an awkward approach. Likes stability and feeling safe. Loyal and committed to the ones she loves. Passive aggressive. A loner at times. A tendency to be a hermit. Loves to be acknowledged. Curious about her purpose. Religious at heart, stubborn. Slow to trust but quick to love.

Or: 

Octavia began as the Latin, then Victorian name for an eighth child. While there aren't many eighth children anymore, this ancient Roman name has real possibilities as a substitute for the overused Olivia; recommended for its combination of classical and musical overtones. It was chosen for his daughter by Kevin Sorbo. 

3 minutes ago, Filly90 said:

Like I said before. I am not hating. I was just mostly making a dumb joke that got blown out of proportion. I understand why they are all mad but doesn't change the fact that I don't care nor want to care what they think. Only reason I am even replying to them is because I find it amusing how they try to make points against my post when I or most people shouldn't even care for it.

I don't think anyone here is actually mad, at least as far as I can tell. Some just disagreed with your original post. At this point I'm not even sure what your point is, besides you being mildly annoyed that you fear MLP references will be all over the game (but if you are a fan isn't that a good thing to you?). 

Edited by Tesseract7777

Just now, WEREsandrock said:

Octavia sounds like a great name to me.

I am a "music-noob" tho, so I don't really know what it refers to... gotta google it.

And no.... no ponies plz.

plz... just..... don't.

Sadly the brainless bronies will grab hold and think it was named after a character when

1) It is a real name, but very rare.

2) It's based off Octave (a series of eight notes occupying the interval between (and including) two notes, one having twice or half the frequency of vibration of the other.)

3 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I don't think anyone here is actually mad, at least as far as I can tell. Some just disagreed with your original point. At this point I'm not even sure what your point is, besides you being mildly annoyed that you fear MLP references will be all over the game (but if you are a fan isn't that a good thing to you?). 

I made the post originally as a kind of joke. I thought somebody would have figured that one out. Also seems like some of them did. The funny pony picture and a few of the other comments. I don't fear the pony colors nor do I care for if they use the colors or not.

Edited by Filly90

2 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

2) It's based off Octave (a series of eight notes occupying the interval between (and including) two notes, one having twice or half the frequency of vibration of the other.)

I did not know that, then what the heck did I look up then Dreams?, cuz my Def, seems always in the gutter. Look at my post, lol

Just now, Filly90 said:

I made the post originally as a kind of joke. I though somebody would have figured that one out. Also seems like some of them did. The funny pony picture and a few of the other comments. I don't fear the pony colors nor do I care for if they use the colors or not.

No offense, but it seems a lot of people didn't get that you were joking, or are exactly sure what the joke was. But that's good. I'm not worried about it either. People can color their frames however they want to, to reference what they wish. And if it is something they enjoy I hope they express themselves. I hope everyone plays the game whatever way is fun for them! 

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

No offense, but it seems a lot of people didn't get that you were joking, or are exactly sure what the joke was. But that's good. I'm not worried about it either. People can color their frames however they want to, to reference what they wish. And if it is something they enjoy I hope they express themselves. I hope everyone plays the game whatever way is fun for them! 

I can agree with that. I frankly don't care what you do with your game. If it makes you happy then go for it. Either way, I am just happy that a few people got the joke. Seems nobody else did.

1 minute ago, SilvaDreams said:

Well there are octaves on guitars, so it's not wrong. But they aren't exclusive to them.

Thank God, for that I guess, Tho I have to admit " sexual appeal that may be difficult for her to embrace, leaving her with an awkward approach", would be so cute for Bard frame

3 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

Put it this way, the term Octavia means quite a few things, for Example:

female, sexual appeal that may be difficult for her to embrace, leaving her with an awkward approach. Likes stability and feeling safe. Loyal and committed to the ones she loves. Passive aggressive. A loner at times. A tendency to be a hermit. Loves to be acknowledged. Curious about her purpose. Religious at heart, stubborn. Slow to trust but quick to love.

Or: 

Octavia began as the Latin, then Victorian name for an eighth child. While there aren't many eighth children anymore, this ancient Roman name has real possibilities as a substitute for the overused Olivia; recommended for its combination of classical and musical overtones. It was chosen for his daughter by Kevin Sorbo. 

Well my post was largely meant as a joke her name in MLP didnt come from nothing its likly been used for centuries, but its fun seeing people get all bothered by the mlp reference.

octavia__the_grand_duelist_by_zedrin-d5h

But noone should worry ponies can fight😜

6 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Sadly the brainless bronies will grab hold and think it was named after a character when

And there I thought that this fad was over ...lol

And thanks for explaining the name - it's a good name.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

Well my post was largely meant as a joke her name in MLP didnt come from nothing its likly been used for centuries, but its fun seeing people get all bothered by the mlp reference.

octavia__the_grand_duelist_by_zedrin-d5h

But noone should worry ponies can fight😜

Thank you for being one of the only people to figure that out :crylaugh:

5 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

Thank God, for that I guess, Tho I have to admit " sexual appeal that may be difficult for her to embrace, leaving her with an awkward approach", would be so cute for Bard frame

Sadly it is hard to find good examples, you sort of have to know music to know what you are hearing or is being played.

But you likely have heard octaves a lot in guitar, piano, trumpet.. whatever