Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do I deal with a Bursa?

mosaickle

Question

Depends on your frame?
It is easy for me when I'm using Frost, or any of those that have invisibility.

As Frost, cast 1 and shoot it in the back.

With invisibility, just circle around it and shoot it in the back.

Not so sure about the rest, but it shouldn't be too hard to deal with with other frames.

Edited by PierceSG

Their weakpoint is the terminal on their back rather than the front/head parts if I recall correctly.

Beyond that they're also just exceptionally tough and armored jerks with a lot of knockdowns and disables.

High burst damage weaponry applied directly to bursa butt may be your best choice.

Depends on the type ;)

What you must remember is that bursas are invulnerable from the front when they are static. So, you should shoot them when they are moving or quickly get behind them when they are stationed.

My advice would be to try to isolate yourself and the bursa from other enemies so that you have only the bursa to deal with and not a gazilion of other attacks too. A bursa by itself is much easier than a bursa with a battalion of corpus...

Use bullet jumping and quick moves to get behind them and shoot them with a high burst damage weapon. Having low dmg per shot weapons will not help...

Once they are defeated, hack the console on their back. They will fight along you for a short while and then die giving extra chance for loot...

Good luck

P.s. If you want to farm them, go to Pluto and pick an exterminate mission. Allow the alarm to go off and do not hack it. Kill all crew and then wait. A bursa will come at you every 3-5 mins and you can play together ;) Keep in mind though that after 3-4 attacks, a skate guy will attack you along the bursa and things might get a bit nasty...

(on the other hand, the exterminate missions have changed so that crew still spawns, so this way might not work very well any more :( but you can try on a wide area with room to move and close to the extraction, just in case)

Hope I helped ;)

Good luck!

Generic option that work with everything : Zenurik's 5. Controls them long enough for you to do whatever you want.

Everything that AoE can be used to kill them quite easily without even trying to go behind them. I know my Gas or Explosive Akstiletto can kill them from the front due to the amount of AoE damage it deals. Of course, Tonkors, Simulors and other mass destruction weapon work fine.

Some of my favourite ways...

Nyx - mind control them, shoot them in the back; the damage is applied when mind control wears off and in the meantime they're fighting for you

Inaros - devour....plenty of good eating in a bursa

Valkyr - the oh so subtle hysteria

Nekros - shadows of the dead; Bursa goes for them, shoot it in the back

Bursas are stupid. They're designed so that you can run around them and hit the weak point on their back, but a lot of the time they turn around too quickly for this to be viable. (Or they're drover bursas, in which case they'll strafe around at lightning speeds despite not even having an animation to support that movement.)

Basically, just stop them from moving with an Ability of some sort and then hit them in the back. Most frames should be able to do this without issue (although some frames will have a harder time doing so, since their abilities won't do much besides stagger it).
But yeah, the gist of it is simply "stunlock with ability -> shoot in back".

Edited by SortaRandom

10 hours ago, Atylia said:

Or are they really just that tedious?

Shoot 'em in the butt. It's as easy as that ;-)

Probably want to carry a weapon with some Puncture and/or Radiation on it.

When I see them I usually try to jump over there and hit them with a slam attack, and then shoot 'em in the butt...

Cheers

10 hours ago, Rolunde said:

Shoot 'em in the butt. It's as easy as that ;-)

Probably want to carry a weapon with some Puncture and/or Radiation on it.

When I see them I usually try to jump over there and hit them with a slam attack, and then shoot 'em in the butt...

Cheers

its dangerous to go alone, take this!

*pulls out a hek*

2 hours ago, Atylia said:

I guess running solo as Trinity with no energy wasn't that great

Sprint at them head on and jump, then crouch in the air. This does a flying kick that triggers a knockdown/stun state on targets hit. This can stun a bursa long enough for you to roll behind it and shoot it in the butt. 

In general, Bursa's need invisibility, crowd control, or a partner.  Turn invisible, get behind them, and shoot them in the back, Use powers to slow, stop, or confuse them so you can get behind them and shoot them in the back.  Or if you have teammates (or the ability to summon teammates), whichever of you it's not facing can shoot it in the back while the other of you dodges and focuses their fire on other enemies.  Lacking any of these, you're going to want to get it away from other enemies so that you can devote your attention to getting behind it or using weapons that can hit it in the back while you're in front of it.

2 hours ago, Atylia said:

I guess running solo as Trinity with no energy wasn't that great

I believe (haven't done much with Trinity in ages) that Link and EV are both still effective against Bursas even when they're facing you.

10 hours ago, KnaveOfSwords said:

I believe (haven't done much with Trinity in ages) that Link and EV are both still effective against Bursas even when they're facing you.

Was against a ton of energy drainers just before the bursa came...I guess it was just bad luck

30 minutes ago, Atylia said:

Was against a ton of energy drainers just before the bursa came...I guess it was just bad luck

That's a whole 'nother annoying problem unto itself... =p

GG DE!!

I really, really wish there was something in place to limit the number of energy drain enemies on the field at once.

The numbers right now kind of seem to point towards the idea that the game uses "spaghetti code" currently. Since enemies types get added in over time> and then they can be eximus units > and then they can be leeches. And the next thing you know there are like 3, 4, 5 types of leeches on the field at once and energy is just draaained.

This can happen a lot with the Infested.

Anyhow I suppose that's a bit off-topic, heh.

Cheers!
~R~

also

11 hours ago, (PS4)chibi_matatabi said:

its dangerous to go alone, take this!

*pulls out a hek*

+1 to you! ;-)

You all forgot to mention the best and easiest way to stop Bursa.  Turn off the Alarms by hacking the terminal.  Doing this one thing will allow you to completely bypass even seeing a bursa.  Of coarse this is only viable if you aren't farming Bursa.  :D

1 hour ago, DatDarkOne said:

You all forgot to mention the best and easiest way to stop Bursa.  Turn off the Alarms by hacking the terminal.  Doing this one thing will allow you to completely bypass even seeing a bursa.  Of coarse this is only viable if you aren't farming Bursa.  :D

unfortunately that only works to prevent them from spawning... if one spawns prior you will still need to deal with it

1 hour ago, (PS4)chibi_matatabi said:

unfortunately that only works to prevent them from spawning... if one spawns prior you will still need to deal with it

Thank you for adding that.  I had kinda assumed it would be understood, and didn't think to add that part.  :D