The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE please! Please can we have Cernos Prime primary fire "1 arrow" alt fire "spread arrow" (like it is currently) PLEASE!

(XBOX)SweatyPick3L

On 6/5/2017 at 10:31 PM, (Xbox One)Orcus Imperium said:

Then i've done something wrong.

the hek is your build on the rakta?

Rank 8 Serration Rank 7 p cryo no riven. 

Your builds on both Rakta and Cernos p

Rakta does more damage per arrow.

However with a Riven the Cernos P could be potentially worse not better. My Riven makes Cernos P shoot 8 arrows at once. It's awful. But I digress.  

Edit : ignore the crit delay. 

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

3 hours ago, helghastgunner said:

So...we didn't get a two shot with your build at the range you said(his prime cryo is 8/10 but I doubt that makes any real difference)

In fact the damage was so low he didn't bother shooting a second arrow

I don't recall ever saying it would two shot something.

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Rank 8 Serration Rank 7 p cryo no riven. 

Your builds on both Rakta and Cernos p

Rakta does more damage per arrow. With a Riven the Cernos P could be potentially worse not better. My Riven makes Cernos P shoot 8 arrows at once. It's awful. But I digress.  

Edit : ignore the crit delay. 

Im not using rivens. The stats vary quite a bit, so its a bad control test.

Edited by (XB1)Orcus Imperium

7 hours ago, helghastgunner said:

Ah apologies, I had something else on mind when I typed that, but the damage was still low on the arrow though.

Color me surprised myself.

im still going to use the prime though, since once a weapon is sortie 3 worthy(as in can kill reliably) then it's going to work more than well on the star chart.

though i learned a good few lessons on the difference between it and the rakta....which is trivial at best if rivens aren't involved(which was my point yet the other guy still used one rendering both arguments invalid.....ugh)

9 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

if u want a single shot cernos... Use rakta cernos. I could see an alternate burst fire mode but just an alternate single fire is not needed.

...Sigh...how does having a alt fire single arrow mode effect your gameplay? It would be optional..

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

15 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

...Sigh...how does having a alt fire single arrow mode effect your gameplay? It would be optional..

Give it something unique. The cernos prime is already very unique. Heck, give it the Artemis bow treatment if nothing else.

Also... If it was alt fire mechanic like stradavar then fine.... But alt fire mechsnic like paracyst...no thnx

Edited by (PS4)big_eviljak

Have my yes. Why this is not done yet is beyond me. You have to stand real close to make the damage work or fight Infested. It's absolutely stupid and supposed to be an upgrade, which it's not. With the Riven disposition being how it is, Rakta Cernos outshines it easily, especially with the Viral proc.

4 hours ago, Multicom-EN- said:

Have my yes. Why this is not done yet is beyond me. You have to stand real close to make the damage work or fight Infested. It's absolutely stupid and supposed to be an upgrade, which it's not. With the Riven disposition being how it is, Rakta Cernos outshines it easily, especially with the Viral proc.

Mod for flight speed

Hey Tenno! I just picked up the Cernos Prime and I thought I'd chip in my two credits.

I totally wouldn't mind if the Cernos Prime had a single-shot alt-fire (you can count me in agreement if you're keeping score), but I don't feel it really needs it, and I probably wouldn't use it if it had that ability. I already have bows that deliver powerful, single-shot damage. A few of them.

The Cernos Prime was an experiment that hit the community in a very mixed way. But I feel the experiment was a good idea -- with this being the 9th bow (11 if you count the two crossbows) and the fourth Cernos. Giving much of the same would be a little stale 9 weapons into the roster, and experimenting with the Dailkyu's charge mechanic and the Mut. Cernos poison shots was good, so why not try another style? Plus they probably wanted to avoid all that humming-and-hawing of having it judged against the Rakta Cernos, which itself is very strong. I find the spread shot of the Cernos Prime not better or worse, just different.

It helps if the bow is seen as more of a shotgun. That is: favoring speed to clear crowds or slow damage to roast single large units, a focus on multishot*, and it need to be within close range of the target to deal acceptable damage (though since the damage doesn't diminish over distance, it has the added bonus over a shotgun of being useful when shot at groups from afar). I tested this today, and if you're standing within 15 meters of the target and still have decent aim, all the arrows hit the target and lots of damage happens. If you miss, you're dealing quite a bit less damage, just like missing a shotgun's full blast. Now I'm not saying this thing can compare with the damage of a shotgun, but it's nice to have a bow that can spread out the shots. One thing I've been missing in bows is the ability to deal with more than one enemy at once, so now I have a bow that can mow hordes quicker and still slay the big-bads fast. I just have to be up close. And not too too close, mind. I measure that from about 20 meters away the shots spread about 1m sideways (works with both 3 and 5 spreads, the extra two seem to fill in the gaps). It's still effective, it just plays very differently from other bows.

I realize it's not for everyone, and it requires a very different playstyle from pretty much any other bow in WF, but I'm liking the Cernos Prime so far.

On 6/12/2017 at 10:59 AM, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Cernos P= 6 call it 7000 damage ÷ 5 arrows= 1400 per arrow. 

*Your math on the multishot is a little off. The extra arrows added by multishot are free extra damage and don't split the base damage beyond the 3 from the base spread. (Example: the base damage of the weapon is 360, and each arrow deals 120 no matter if there are 3 or 5 or 8 arrows). I tested this today with and without multishot, and in both variations all arrows had the same damage no matter how many were fired at once. Wiki confirms.

EDIT: Math time. So if we're calling the Cernos P total damage output at 7000, it'd be 7000/3 = 2333, 2333x5 = 11666. And so as long as you're up close to hit all of your shots, 11.5k damage per trigger (or even most of it) is significantly more than the Rakta's 4k. Extra damage for being up close, like a shotgun.

Edited by SenorClipClop

I'm beating a dead horse to paste here but charge time, reload & flight speed (and the arrows have heavy arching on top) of this bow are all at trash level tier.

For a prime weapon with a mastery rank of 12 being substantially worse than a sybdacate weapon at mastery rank 8 is inacceptable

Standard cernos is mediocre due to being primarily impact damage, rackta is very good due to syndacate proc and fastest charing and flight speed of all bows.

Cernos prime is too much out of left field with no saving features - in comparison the tigris family has a unique two stage trigger with only two shots in trade for overkill base damage and stats.

If DE want to make the cernos prime interesting, just keep the spread as a secondary fire mode and give each arrow the full listed damage or increase the base number of arrows in the spreadshot from 3 to at least 5.

Charge time and flight speed need to be improved at least by a good 30% in any case