Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The new UI

iwoply

2 minutes ago, Egg_Chen said:

4K support was added by making it blurry and too big for everyone else... or to put it another way, the vast majority of the player base has a poorer experience now.

That isn't the way to support 4K, I hope this is realised and fixed soon.

but the 20 people playing in 4k will be super happy.

Everything is ridiculously big for me using a 1920 x 1080 resolution.

I'm all for having 4K Ui's fitting - but when it causes problems for every other resolution we have a problem on our hands.

4K players (I presume) are in the minority here, why make it blurry for everyone else? I've heard this is working as intended, and I hope it's not the case, why can't we scale it at all?

5 minutes ago, Egg_Chen said:

4K support was added by making it blurry and too big for everyone else... or to put it another way, the vast majority of the player base has a poorer experience now.

That isn't the way to support 4K, I hope this is realised and fixed soon.

Genuinely had to stop playing due to the UI scale giving me a headache, the blur. 

Wow just took 30min fidling with resolution, restarting pc , turning on and off multiple monitor options thinking something was wrong with my game... seems its on their side.

Where it gives me my cred and plat aswell as booster on right top of screen looks huge and blurry giving me a headache. tought oh well i wna try out new frame, open star chart , extractor icon taking up half my screen.... i beg to reconsider this or rollback till there is something non-headache options for everyone.

I have a great pc and the game itself looks nice aswell just now the icons make me feel like ive been pulled back 20years in gfx development.

Edited by khabby

Look I understand you want to help out the ppl with 4k resolution But why do we have to suffer trough this (see picture Warframe_2017-03-24_22-33-34-55.jpg)
This is wrong, it reminds me of Playing Borderlands on 640xsomething resolution on my dreadful PC. I have a great Monitor, I have a great PC that lets me play on 1080p. The Previous UI and Hud was amazingly fitting, small and pleasant but this is... you know.
Please let us have the old Hud/UI back. 
It's Overlapping into each other, it looks like the UI is on a very low resolution. 
Warframe_2017-03-24_22-37-09-86.jpg

Please let us make the UI smaller. This is legitimately giving me a headache to look at because while you made the UI bigger you didn't update the assets to accomodate the new resolution and everything is super blurry. Plus, the UI is way too big and cluttered, whenever I get focus it takes up like 25% of my screen, it's like I'm using a mobile phone UI on my 1080p screen.

Just now, Hunterexxx said:

Look I understand you want to help out the ppl with 4k resolution But why do we have to suffer trough this (see picture Warframe_2017-03-24_22-33-34-55.jpg)
This is wrong, it reminds me of Playing Borderlands on 640xsomething resolution on my dreadful PC. I have a great Monitor, I have a great PC that lets me play on 1080p. The Previous UI and Hud was amazingly fitting, small and pleasant but this is... you know.
Please let us have the old Hud/UI back. 
It's Overlapping into each other, it looks like the UI is on a very low resolution. 
Warframe_2017-03-24_22-37-09-86.jpg

IT´s the same turd scale on 4k on my screen so it isn´t even working for us on 4k :(

4 minutes ago, Shibboleth said:

Agree. I have a huge (27") monitor, and the new UI is just ridiculous.

You're hurting the 99.9% of players who don't use 4K, in order to help the 0.1% who do? That's just crazy.

Problem is, scaling is borked on 4K too :D

2 minutes ago, Shibboleth said:

Agree. I have a huge (27") monitor, and the new UI is just ridiculous.

You're hurting the 99.9% of players who don't use 4K, in order to help the 0.1% who do? That's just crazy.

Something is messed up, cause like i said.. Im playing on a huge 40" 4k screen and i have the same turd ui scaling as Hunterxxx showed abit earlier in this thread. Cant be right. Cause i cant use this S#&$ at all. Try have 80% of a 40" screen fill up with just the alert tab and such. Look like crap. :(

I mean, is not a childish complain. It's really hurtfull for the view. I can't stand more that 5 seconds looking at the screen.

On the childish complain part, I can't enjoy my 3 day boost, and like Pablo said, it's gonna take some time.

I'll be waiting for news of my good old 1080p.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Heyo - this is related to this Dev Workshop if you want to take a deeper look.

We mentioned that ' This has required us to change the approach we take to making our UI, and it will come with some changes for all resolutions! ' which is what you're seeing here. 

Intentional or not it has to go, new ridiculous size menus are blurry. Absolute garbage. 

Was abashed by the UI changes, went through HUD settings in attempt to do something, then went to find out if it was just me or something was really wrong. That's how I found this thread.

As a person who prefers 12px font at 2560x1920 resoultion, I cannot feel comfortable with such a ridiculously zoomed UI. Makes my display look tiny for no reason.
Please, if you are looking for comfort of your players, let us change the scale both ways, so everybody feels great.