Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Paris Prime still viable weapon in current meta?

EmbedFire

Question

I am back in game after a half of year or more. I had like 3 breaks from this game, but I am always back and it's usually good for me as a player, because there is always new content.

So about the content... I remember that last time I was playing, I wanted to max my Paris Prime. Is it still worth the time?

Edited by EmbedFire

If you're not going past lvl 80ish enemies then it hardly matters.

The difference between bows starts to show against lvl 80+ armored enemies and there's still a bit of preference in choice.

Kill rate Vs Damage per shot, Vs flight speed Vs armored Vs unarmored, ect.

1 hour ago, Zeclem said:

just wanted to note that rakta cernos is the best bow in game, if you dont enjoy your paris prime as much.

Oh no.... What have you done....

9 hours ago, Zeclem said:

just wanted to note that rakta cernos is the best bow in game, if you dont enjoy your paris prime as much.

I totally agree that this is the truth.  I just find it funny that the best bow in the game is Impact based.  A damage type that a vast majority(at least the vocal ones) of players assume is the worst of all the damage types.  :D  Interesting.......isn't it.  LOL

As to the Paris Prime, it's still a very good bow.  I like it better with the Feyarch bow skin.  Makes it look much better IMO. 

Edited by DatDarkOne
added content

6 hours ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

How dare you underestimate my Dread. :angry:

not underestimating it. its a great weapon. rakta cernos is just better.

7 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

I totally agree that this is the truth.  I just find it funny that the best bow in the game is Impact based.  A damage type that a vast majority(at least the vocal ones) of players assume is the worst of all the damage types.  :D  Interesting.......isn't it.  LOL

As to the Paris Prime, it's still a very good bow.  I like it better with the Feyarch bow skin.  Makes it look much better IMO. 

damage type means little when charge time is 4 times faster. and tbh impact isnt all that worse than puncture.

3 hours ago, Zeclem said:

not underestimating it. its a great weapon. rakta cernos is just better.

damage type means little when charge time is 4 times faster. and tbh impact isnt all that worse than puncture.

Damage type means everything when you're shooting at armor.

But this is what I was joking about.

Once you start the Dread Vs Rakta argument, the thread will end up 10 pages long.

In fairness of comparison. Dread hits harder and has more build diversity. Rakta has faster kill rate, flight speed and a proc for utility. Which is the best bow depends what you want from it. To counter your argument though. I've never seen Rakta one-shot a lvl 145 armored Napalm like Dread can (with no buffs).

1 minute ago, Xzorn said:

Damage type means everything when you're shooting at armor.

But this is what I was joking about.

Once you start the Dread Vs Rakta argument, the thread will end up 10 pages long.

In fairness of comparison. Dread hits harder and has more build diversity. Rakta has faster kill rate, flight speed and a proc for utility. Which is the best bow depends what you want from it. To counter your argument though. I've never seen Rakta one-shot a lvl 145 armored Napalm like Dread can (with no buffs).

dread has less base damage so i kinda doubt it would hit harder. and damage type doesnt matter cus 1-cp exists 2-elemental damage matters much more where only base total is important.

theres no comparison dpswise, rakta beats it by miles. and dread doesnt have more build diversity, you either build crit or you just dont do anything. same goes for rakta cernos.

7 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

dread has less base damage so i kinda doubt it would hit harder. and damage type doesnt matter cus 1-cp exists 2-elemental damage matters much more where only base total is important.

theres no comparison dpswise, rakta beats it by miles. and dread doesnt have more build diversity, you either build crit or you just dont do anything. same goes for rakta cernos.

Dread has two additional builds over Rakta Cernos. Status Viral Slash and Pure physical Status Slash. You can also choose to use Fire rate or not use it, depending on your ability to head-shot and your role in a group. If you choose to not use a fire rate mod then Dread will do about +30% more damage per shot over Rakta Cernos because it will red-crit 92.5% of the time.

CPx4? That's not a 100% of the time thing. In either case of armored or unarmored though a base damage of Slash would be better. In case of armor the base damage of Slash actually matters just as much if not slightly more than the elemental type you use.

Bows are not a DPS weapons. They're a Damage per shot weapon. You can't realistically consider DPS as a stat on a bow. You can only consider that it's fire rate will directly impact your kill rate in some manner.

I'm not trying to say Dread is better than Rakta. I'm just saying Rakta is not better than Dread.  I mean... Let me know when Rakta can do this....

Spoiler

One Slash Proc, Non Red-Crit.

Here's the short version.  Dread has much higher Damage per shot than the Rakta Cernos.  Rakta Cernos has more damage over time.  What this means is that against a single target the Dread is better.  Rakta only catches up in damage with groups due to faster shots and syndicate procs. 

Paris Prime is kinda in-between both of them in a way.  This would be mainly due to not getting the bleed procs like the Dread or the Synd proc of Rakta.  The Paris P does have a high crit chance stat which is comparable to the Dread's. 

Since I play Ivara mostly, the Rakta Cernos is the better bow for her because of the energy return.  If it wasn't for that I would be using the Dread instead or even the Daikyu.   

edit:  Then again it doesn't really matter which has the higher damage in regards to Ivara as she has ways to handle high level enemies anyway.  :D

Edited by DatDarkOne
added content

59 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Dread has two additional builds over Rakta Cernos. Status Viral Slash and Pure physical Status Slash. You can also choose to use Fire rate or not use it, depending on your ability to head-shot and your role in a group. If you choose to not use a fire rate mod then Dread will do about +30% more damage per shot over Rakta Cernos because it will red-crit 92.5% of the time.

CPx4? That's not a 100% of the time thing. In either case of armored or unarmored though a base damage of Slash would be better. In case of armor the base damage of Slash actually matters just as much if not slightly more than the elemental type you use.

Bows are not a DPS weapons. They're a Damage per shot weapon. You can't realistically consider DPS as a stat on a bow. You can only consider that it's fire rate will directly impact your kill rate in some manner.

I'm not trying to say Dread is better than Rakta. I'm just saying Rakta is not better than Dread.  I mean... Let me know when Rakta can do this....

Reveal hidden contents

One Slash Proc, Non Red-Crit.

if i wanted a status bow i would use daikyu. and it sucks. weapons with slow fire rate needs to be elemental to be status worthy. and while dread is dealing %30 more damage per shot rakta cernos is still shooting 4 times faster, and reload time isnt even involved.

slash does pretty crap against alloy armor. compared to impact. so slash being better against armor isnt correct. and why would base be better? elementals get up to %75 damage increase and happen to deal the higher damage compared to base physical.

if i wanted to use damage per shot, snipers exist. theres a reason why theyre considered weak as a class. so yes, dps is always more important since you can still keep aiming the same target after shooting once, since a rakta cernos will easily have 3 shots on a unit before dread even had shot it. so it will be better than dread even against single targets solely cus of higher dps. its not a weapon that has ammo issues anyway.

oh and do let me know when a dread can viral proc a bunch of rooms in a single moment as well, without building or playing specifically for it.

12 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Here's the short version.  Dread has much higher Damage per shot than the Rakta Cernos.  Rakta Cernos has more damage over time.  What this means is that against a single target the Dread is better.  Rakta only catches up in damage with groups due to faster shots and syndicate procs. 

Paris Prime is kinda in-between both of them in a way.  This would be mainly due to not getting the bleed procs like the Dread or the Synd proc of Rakta.  The Paris P does have a high crit chance stat which is comparable to the Dread's. 

Since I play Ivara mostly, the Rakta Cernos is the better bow for her because of the energy return.  If it wasn't for that I would be using the Dread instead or even the Daikyu.   

edit:  Then again it doesn't really matter which has the higher damage in regards to Ivara as she has ways to handle high level enemies anyway.  :D

much higher? not really. its base damage is lower than rakta cernos. as that other guy said at best dread has %30 more damage per shot. thats not "much". against a single target rakta cernos is mathematically miles better. this simply isnt an argument, its just denial of facts.

16 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

against a single target rakta cernos is mathematically miles better. this simply isnt an argument, its just denial of facts.

I use almost nothing but bows and all of that with Ivara.  It's not a denial of facts.  It's the simple truth as seen by me over the time period of 14 months and some others.  Those months using almost only the items I mentioned.  The damage per shot is much higher due to the higher crit chance stat.  There are even YouTube videos showing this.  Using the same build on both Rakta and Dread, the Dread will get more Red Crits (higher damage) and bleed procs than the Rakta will.  I said the Rakta Cernos has better damage over time.  Which it does.  Only with my cernos riven that gives crit chance boost does my Rakta Cernos match the Dread for red crits.  Even then it doesn't get the bleed procs (single target) but does get synd viral procs (groups). 

Not once did I say that one was absolutely better than the other.  Please don't confuse my message. 

edit:  I must also note that none of this really matters on enemies under lvl 100 as those will generally get one-shotted anyway. 

Edited by DatDarkOne
added content

9 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

if i wanted a status bow i would use daikyu. and it sucks. weapons with slow fire rate needs to be elemental to be status worthy. and while dread is dealing %30 more damage per shot rakta cernos is still shooting 4 times faster, and reload time isnt even involved.

slash does pretty crap against alloy armor. compared to impact. so slash being better against armor isnt correct. and why would base be better? elementals get up to %75 damage increase and happen to deal the higher damage compared to base physical.

if i wanted to use damage per shot, snipers exist. theres a reason why theyre considered weak as a class. so yes, dps is always more important since you can still keep aiming the same target after shooting once, since a rakta cernos will easily have 3 shots on a unit before dread even had shot it. so it will be better than dread even against single targets solely cus of higher dps. its not a weapon that has ammo issues anyway.

oh and do let me know when a dread can viral proc a bunch of rooms in a single moment as well, without building or playing specifically for it.

I literally just showed you the power of Slash damage.

Shooting that Napalm x4 faster with Rakta is going to do x4 nothing  Add a Viral proc on top of the x4 nothing if you want. That build didn't need a Viral proc. It kills a lvl 145 Napalm with a single Bleed proc which it has a probability of procing at least one bleed proc at 80% per shot.

Slash is better against armor because of Bleed. Elemental is subject to armor damage resistance, despite it's bonuses. Bleed is not.

Bows / Snipers are the same weapon type. They're both damage per shot weapons. There's no difference other than preference and handling.  I personally don't use either bows or snipers much but I respect their use and if this were any other game I'd be using them. In this game I'll stick to AoE and keep my sharp shooting to games that properly reward that play style.

Viral proc a room full of enemies you can't kill because of armor. Yea that sounds pretty useful.

As I said whichever you like is you're preference but not every situation is the same and neither bow is better than the other because of this.

18 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

I literally just showed you the power of Slash damage.

Shooting that Napalm x4 faster with Rakta is going to do x4 nothing  Add a Viral proc on top of the x4 nothing if you want. That build didn't need a Viral proc. It kills a lvl 145 Napalm with a single Bleed proc which it has a probability of procing at least one bleed proc at 80% per shot.

Slash is better against armor because of Bleed. Elemental is subject to armor damage resistance, despite it's bonuses. Bleed is not.

Bows / Snipers are the same weapon type. They're both damage per shot weapons. There's no difference other than preference and handling.  I personally don't use either bows or snipers much but I respect their use and if this were any other game I'd be using them. In this game I'll stick to AoE and keep my sharp shooting to games that properly reward that play style.

Viral proc a room full of enemies you can't kill because of armor. Yea that sounds pretty useful.

As I said whichever you like is you're preference but not every situation is the same and neither bow is better than the other because of this.

x4 shots is gonna do nothing? idk with my rakta i kill it faster than waiting for an rng slash proc to proc AND to tick in endurance runs i take my rakta with.

also please do tell me why bows and snipers are same weapon type but snipers arent used while two bows got faint disposition? theyre not the same class for a reason. bows have more effective dps, making them actually good. damage in a single shot is irrelevant in comparisons when the dps is lower and ammo economy not being an issue.

if you legit think rakta cernos is helpless against armor then i dont see a point in discussing this any further.

36 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I use almost nothing but bows and all of that with Ivara.  It's not a denial of facts.  It's the simple truth as seen by me over the time period of 14 months and some others.  Those months using almost only the items I mentioned.  The damage per shot is much higher due to the higher crit chance stat.  There are even YouTube videos showing this.  Using the same build on both Rakta and Dread, the Dread will get more Red Crits (higher damage) and bleed procs than the Rakta will.  I said the Rakta Cernos has better damage over time.  Which it does.  Only with my cernos riven that gives crit chance boost does my Rakta Cernos match the Dread for red crits.  Even then it doesn't get the bleed procs (single target) but does get synd viral procs (groups). 

Not once did I say that one was absolutely better than the other.  Please don't confuse my message. 

edit:  I must also note that none of this really matters on enemies under lvl 100 as those will generally get one-shotted anyway. 

against a single target, rakta cernos is better cus of innate viral proc that comes along with it which is as common as dread getting bleed procs due to its fairly large aoe. if you were talking about simulacrum tests, those dont take that into account and youtube as far as i know doesnt put that into calculation. and its viral procs also help immensely to your squad as well unlike the dreads bleed procs. if were talking without its syndicate proc yeah youre totally right, dread has around 1.5 k burst dps advantage while rakta cernos has like 3k+ in sustained dps.

the thing here is sustained dps is simply more helpful in this game. snipers suffer from being a single target weapon, soma prime is the meta assault rifle only cus of its ridicilou amounts of sustained dps. its burst dps isnt all that great compared to boltor prime for example.