Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unlisted Nidus changes?

Ceadeus

Question

Let alone the fact that there's nothing about these changes in the patch notes, which is insulting to Nidus players.  Why would you change him to begin with?  He scaled well with late game content.  Anybody with half a brain realized that this frame was a push in the right direction of actually being balanced against end-game content instead of the pointless weapon-fodder of the starchart.  

Why would you listen to the idiots complaining about "This end-game frame is too OP against these level 30 chucklefucks!" Like obviously.  If you take a high powered sniper rifle and go shoot a squirrel, obviously it's gonna be overkill, that doesn't mean the rifle isn't appropriate for the situations it's MEANT for.  Granted the changes aren't nearly as harsh as some frames have received, but the point was he didn't need any changes.  He was good as he was.  

It's already hard enough to ramp up his power in a normal mission with people cutting down all the enemies before you can even get to them.  Stop catering the game to bulletsponge simulator 2017 or you're gonna end up like other dead games that have gone that route (looking at you Division.)

25 answers to this question

For now I'm gonna leave it at this.  Either they changed Nidus, or they glitched some people out during Octavia's rough launch, because I am NOT getting the same results from the same build I've always run.  Either way it needs a fix.

Edited by InsanityKey

"players helping players"

Move along folks, nothing to see here.  <---- There I helped players.

Honestly this isn't helping any player, this isn't feedback, and this isn't informative. Where is this explanation or thesis of what has been even changed with Nidus? Get a grip.

57 minutes ago, InsanityKey said:

Let alone the fact that there's nothing about these changes in the patch notes, which is insulting to Nidus players.  Why would you change him to begin with?  He scaled well with late game content.  Anybody with half a brain realized that this frame was a push in the right direction of actually being balanced against end-game content instead of the pointless weapon-fodder of the starchart.  

Why would you listen to the idiots complaining about "This end-game frame is too OP against these level 30 chucklefucks!" Like obviously.  If you take a high powered sniper rifle and go shoot a squirrel, obviously it's gonna be overkill, that doesn't mean the rifle isn't appropriate for the situations it's MEANT for.  Granted the changes aren't nearly as harsh as some frames have received, but the point was he didn't need any changes.  He was good as he was.  

It's already hard enough to ramp up his power in a normal mission with people cutting down all the enemies before you can even get to them.  Stop catering the game to bulletsponge simulator 2017 or you're gonna end up like other dead games that have gone that route (looking at you Division.)

1 hour ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Wrong category as well. Frame feedback or bug report may be adequate as DE generally denies stealth nerfing.

48 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

"players helping players"

Move along folks, nothing to see here.  <---- There I helped players.

Honestly this isn't helping any player, this isn't feedback, and this isn't informative. Where is this explanation or thesis of what has been even changed with Nidus? Get a grip.

I originally posted this in frame feedback.  It got moved here for some reason.

And I can't give you exactly what changes were made since, like I said, there's nothing listed in the patch notes.  But after playing with him today, I noticed that all of his abilities are severely cut in power.  Where the regen on his 4th used to be 32 or so, it's now 17.  Where he used to be able to 1-shot round 15 Akkad disruptors with full stacks, now he does ~100 damage to them.

And for everyone saying this is a "rant", yes.  That's what feedback is.  Giving my feedback on changes made.  I think they're pointless and only hurt what was a good frame.  I didn't suggest anything to do "instead" because Nidus was fine as he was.

Edited by InsanityKey

2 minutes ago, InsanityKey said:

And I can't give you exactly what changes were made since, like I said, there's nothing listed in the patch notes.  But after playing with him today, I noticed that all of his abilities are severely cut in power.  Where the regen on his 4th used to be 32, it's now 17.  Where he used to be able to 1-shot round 15 Akkad disruptors with full stacks, now he does ~100 damage to them.

check your mods...check your gear, maybe you have a key equipped....

Just now, Kalvorax said:

check your mods...check your gear, maybe you have a key equipped....

I changed nothing on my Nidus setup.  It's been the same since I got him.  And I've never even built a single key.

Consider going over your build then. I have 269% power strength on Nidus, and I don't know what virulence does for damage at anything less than 100 stacks. Still does 40k

I was just using him yesterday and everything was working just fine so just check over your build, and maybe before you do that make sure you don't have a dragon key equipped in your arsenal as that will really hurt you damage output.

Just now, InsanityKey said:

I changed nothing on my Nidus setup.  It's been the same since I got him.  And I've never even built a single key.

well, then i dont know what to say...I havent changed my build since he came out and nothing is different statwise...perhaps you can post your build and ability screens and we can help you out somehow.

1 minute ago, Kalvorax said:

hmm, just threw your build together, though with rank 9 PC and BR and a rank 7 PF...and steel charge....and im getting the numbers that the ability screen reports...35 HP regen per second while on Ravenous.

Yeah, that's not what I'm getting :/

48 minutes ago, InsanityKey said:

I originally posted this in frame feedback.  It got moved here for some reason.

And I can't give you exactly what changes were made since, like I said, there's nothing listed in the patch notes.  But after playing with him today, I noticed that all of his abilities are severely cut in power.  Where the regen on his 4th used to be 32 or so, it's now 17.  Where he used to be able to 1-shot round 15 Akkad disruptors with full stacks, now he does ~100 damage to them.

And for everyone saying this is a "rant", yes.  That's what feedback is.  Giving my feedback on changes made.  I think they're pointless and only hurt what was a good frame.  I didn't suggest anything to do "instead" because Nidus was fine as he was.

bad grouping? Armor is and was allways an issue for him

i sometimes do these numbers too

... fighting infested of armored units that is.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

bad grouping? Armor is and was allways an issue for him

i sometimes do these numbers too

... fighting infested of armored units that is.

But that wouldn't explain the halved effectiveness of regen.  And 1-shotting to 100 damage is a pretty big drop.

If you feel as though the changes are made are in poor taste then you are more than welcome to make a proper thread in the proper subsection. "Feedback - Warframes & Abilities" would be the perfect spot for you to voice your discomfort.