The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo to be nerfed now?

SeaUrchins

The only nerf, if at all, is to reduce Cataclysm's damage. Don't stop it's scaling, because that's great. But I'll admit, it does deal a lot of damage as it is, right now. Perhaps a slight reduction, in exchange for a base increase in size. 

1 hour ago, OoharaSora said:

getting in and out every second you roll is not 'great / too good'
it's worse than that pokemon episode that caused seizure (ok, maybe not as bad)

It's perfect. It lets me avoid damage in a pinch by shifting, and when I need to take single enemies into the Rift, I can shift out, Banish them, and shift back before they can deal any significant damage.

38 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

It's perfect. It lets me avoid damage in a pinch by shifting, and when I need to take single enemies into the Rift, I can shift out, Banish them, and shift back before they can deal any significant damage.

And that's just one of many ways Limbo can be used.  I prefer the option of sprinting/dodging past everyone, turning around and unleashing crits from hell with the Aksomati on everything in the hallway.  He's currently one of the only frames that benefits from Endurance Drift in a non-generic way, and you can get away with some stupid speedruns that Volt and others can only dream of doing.  But for once, Limbo actually has some versatility.

I said before that Cataclysm does hit fairly hard for what it is, and I still think that there's some stealth modifiers being factored in that shouldn't be (if an enemy is alert to one person, he should be alerted in general, etc.). But people complaining about how he accesses the Rift for himself can't see the forest through the trees at this point.

5 hours ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

The only nerf, if at all, is to reduce Cataclysm's damage. Don't stop it's scaling, because that's great. But I'll admit, it does deal a lot of damage as it is, right now. Perhaps a slight reduction, in exchange for a base increase in size. 

I, personally, don't know that it necessarily needs to be nerfed— especially in comparison to other frames damage output.

That said though, the more impact a skill has on other players, the more likely they are to complain.

The more likely the complaints, the more likely it gets nerfed in Warframe.

Right now, Limbo has well above average ttl and ttk (only a little unusual) and both can affect other players in a manner that can be viewed as negative (unusual).

If I was a Limbo main, I wouldn't group with a single stranger while running him.

...That's just me though.

I love the rework. I've spent most of my time on WF since U20 hit playing it.

Yes, there are bugs like fire damage going through it that really need to be fixed. I don't think he needs a nerf though, scaling damage is powerful but not over-powered IMO. 

I always took the "disaster" as being an experiment, like trying to use the rift to travel between planets or systems, going very wrong and obliterating him rather than being a flaw that gradually killed him. 

13 hours ago, SeaUrchins said:

Now, though the loot picking in cataclysm has been fixed, there's another problem the enemy's aim, which cares very little about your time freezing abilities:

Reveal hidden contents

KEK.

WOW. ok, these issues are blatant. Also, that damaging issue is one of the MASSIVE reasons I never really liked limbo nor play him that much. The description of being in the rift made it seem like he was immortal to ALL damage. But somehow, someway, the damage gets through. If DE fixes these issues, I will be much happier.

It seems to me that having ults that scale damage is something DE hasn't wanted, or I'm not correctly remembering how many complaints about "why did you take away scaling damage from X?" I've seen. 

So if Limbo has any kind of effective damage scaling now, I'd expect it to disappear in the not too distant future. Fair's fair, though, he gets a fundamental element of his playstyle anytime, for free now. 

13 hours ago, SeaUrchins said:

But we all know what happens to nukers, eventually they have their knee caps broken by a nerf hammer. That's why I am very concerned with Limbo becoming a nuker, since potentially it leads to a nerf and considering most of his issues haven't been addressed, there is a risk he'll be beaten with a nerf hammer for a rework, which hasn't even fixed most of stuff that needed to be fixed.

I think the nuker is quite cool. Maybe a little nerf would be good. but tbh, he was always a nuker. You could build him easily for high damage explosions and could use him on stuff like draco or bere with ease. Almost on equal grounds with current saryn, or even old day saryn.

9 hours ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

Yeah, truth be told, that's the problem with infinitely scalable abilities.

They have a nice amount of base damage most of the time, so they'll murder lower level enemies, and make quick work of higher level enemies.

Although for me, I hardly ever see Limbo being an effective Nuker past Level 100. Enemies still take some nice damage, mind you, but they don't exactly get murdered instantly.

So, who knows? Octavia's another incredibly scalable Warframe, along with Nidus and Limbo, yet to be honest, even she's a little too strong right now.

12 hours ago, Hellnar_Doombringer said:

Limbo got its deserved love after so long. 2 day passes and people crying for nerf hammer... You don't deserve sh*t to be honest...

Indeed 

DE should nerf the lame frame ember!!

14 hours ago, (Xbox One)Graysmog said:

I hardly ever see Limbo being an effective Nuker past Level 100.

How come? His ult scales with enemy hp, which means he will kill any group of enemies with roughly same speed, just like Trin kills any enemy with the same number of casts of EV.

This is so stupid...yall are asking for nerf for limbo but whenever some mention banshee or ember's 4 its already a no no...well if u all want the devs to nerf him then these following frames should also be nerfes...ember wof, banshee's 4, Excalibur's never ending exalted blade spam.not gonna mention nidus since he was nerfed already

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)ItsMast3rking said:

banshee or ember's 4

Are not dependant on enemy hp, while Limbo will hit harder every time enemies get more hp with level. Besides his 40m sphere of scalable death doesn't immobilize him like banshee and can be used on remote targets, so he doesn't even need to run to the enemies, just turn your frame to face enemies some 100m from you and unleash the fury of rift upon them.

Can't really compare Limbo to those two.

Just now, SeaUrchins said:

Are not dependant on enemy hp, while Limbo will hit harder every time enemies get more hp with level. Besides his 40m sphere of scalable death doesn't immobilize him like banshee and can be used on remote targets, so he doesn't even need to run to the enemies, just turn your frame to face enemies some 100m from you and unleash the fury of rift upon them.

Can't really compare Limbo to those two.

Well while i dont agree with the scalling based on enemy health thing but i was tlking about plp that were asking for a nerf for on the duration of his time freeze.i dont believe his 4 should 1 shot enemies when he opens or closes it.but thats it...anything else is perfect imo

3 hours ago, SeaUrchins said:

How come? His ult scales with enemy hp, which means he will kill any group of enemies with roughly same speed, just like Trin kills any enemy with the same number of casts of EV.

I mean it in terms of instantly killing enemies at that level. Typically, only the grunts will die and everything else will come charging.

31 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Graysmog said:

Typically, only the grunts will die

Since when a boiler is a grunt?

Spoiler

You can do same with heavy gunners if you strip them off their armor first, but I am too lazy to make a video of it just to show your incompetence in the question.

Edited by SeaUrchins

Anyone remembers old Saryn with her old Miasma which could nuke a whole room with one button press?
Guess what she is back and she has a new name. Her name is Limbo.

Can someone who actually understands DE's logic explain to me why they reworked (nerfed) old Saryn's Miasma and now give Limbo an even better "Miasma"?

Because i don't understand why a game developer makes the same mistake twice.

49 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

Since when a boiler is a grunt?

Hide contents

You can do same with heavy gunners if you strip them off their armor first, but I am too lazy to make a video of it just to show your incompetence in the question.

Dude, that's the Infestation. Using them to prove a point is hardly worth your time unless they're into the 300's or above in level, as they are then somewhat tough. Regardless, I get the point.

I guess what I was trying to get across was how heavily Armored enemies like the Grineer and Corrupted (for the most part) will really hardly care about such an ability thanks to their percentage-based reductions. Of course the grunts will die no matter what, yet the tankier enemies will typically live for multiple casts, making it so he becomes less and less of a Nuker past level 100. I was figuring that a Nuker would have to constantly, no matter what, kill enormous groups of enemies quickly and easily despite their type. 

Yet, to be honest, I did forget about Corrosive Projection, so you got me there.