The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Unlisted new feature] New voice packs for our operators have been added to the selection

Cythphn

So I decided to change my Operator's customisation today - that's when I noticed there were new options available in the voice pack selection. These were, as far as I could tell, not listed in the most recent patch notes.

On closer inspection, it appeared DE had finally decided to mix things up by adding around 15 new packs to the selection:

EnP3Pse.png

Every boss (with voice lines) in the game seems to have been made available to our lovely, cuddly Void Demons. No other characters, like Lotus and Teshin, can be selected, however:

HoJJHqb.png

This is what it looks like in-game:

yK8ch5K.png

It's been great fun trying all of the bosses' voices; definitely the best update this year so far. Tyl Regor's voice is better music than Octavia's entire kit!

1 minute ago, Xiusa said:

Further proof that it's just a bug:

Just now, Artorius-Alter said:

Hmm, got no such options myself, definitely a bug then?

You actually need to buy the new voice packs in the market before they even appear in the operator sutomization. An oversight on DE's part, that's for sure.

2 minutes ago, VisionAndVoice said:

You actually need to buy the new voice packs in the market before they even appear in the operator sutomization. An oversight on DE's part, that's for sure.

Ahhh, anyone considered this may also be an april fools thing though..? It is April 1st here now in Europe.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

1 minute ago, Artorius-Alter said:

Ahhh, anyone considered this may also be an april fools thing though..? It is April 1st here now in Europe.

Well, that's possible. Didn't cross my mind since it's just a little past midnight here

4 minutes ago, Artorius-Alter said:

If it's in the market then it's 100% the April fools thing, they messed around with voicepack last year too, this time it's actually interactive though?

You know why it's an april fool ?

In his pic, Operator says "You ever get hammered in that suit ?", a famous Lech Krill's sentence.
But when you change your voice, only the voice should change, not the text.
All voices say exactly the same sentences.

Nice try, it was a good april fool !

18 minutes ago, Dycoth said:

You know why it's an april fool ?

In his pic, Operator says "You ever get hammered in that suit ?", a famous Lech Krill's sentence.
But when you change your voice, only the voice should change, not the text.
All voices say exactly the same sentences.

Nice try, it was a good april fool !

Actually, when you select one of the new voice packs, the game warns you that this may affect your operator's personality, for better or for worse, depending on the boss in question. The changing of the voice lines is 100% intentional.And totally real.

Edited by Cythphn
Further clarification