Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If you don't know how to do a spy vault, then stay out of it!

2Peter3Nine

Question

• 98% of the public SORTIE spy missions i've been in, always have people that don't know what they are doing.
  • And they don't know how to DO NOTHING, or STAY OUT of vaults.
  •  
  • I think SORTIE Spy missions should always be forced solo, that way EVERYONE has to get good at them.
  •  
  • Today was the public's last straw.
  • I will no longer try to help anyone in SORTIE spy missions.
  • I am only soloing them from now on, because soloing has a 98% success chance,
  • while public matches so far have a 2% success chance..
Edited by General_Durandal
added more SORTIE mentions

To everyone making snide comments about teaching noobs how to do spy vaults, do you really think that Sorties are the place for them to be learning how to do them? If these players have gotten so far into the game that they are doing Sorties and they still don't know how to do spy vaults then shame on them, and the least they could do is not trip over their own shoelaces and fail the mission for the entire squad...

As much as I hate the phrase, this is one of the few problems where "git gud" is an appropriate answer

seems one of those irritated/angry topics :smile:

if your referring to the current sortie spy mission the one in uranus well yes its ez to fail spechialy the node with underwater turbulence

not gona lie here i did it solo like most (kidding) all spy sortie related missions

lesson of the day: if you can do a job by yourself do it 

Spoiler

To the contrary, you should know to solo or private-match spy vaults if you are dead-set on success from the get-go. Just from knowing how the vaults work.

Instead, I would rather actively encourage players who don't know anything about the vaults to at least follow me in if I'm running public just so that they can get the much-needed experience towards learning how to solve them. If they haven't already figured it out solo, chances are they could use some third-party assistance/advice. The way I see it, Public is there for challenges you CAN'T do on your own or when you can't find more coordinated help. It seems counter-intuitive to go Public for something that is indisputably easier alone.

If you get Sortie spy forced solo, I want the game to actually be balanced around a solo experience with loot/difficulty modifiers for extra players a la Borderlands. Sure, Warframe is a multiplayer game, but that doesn't mean it needs to mechanically enforce that agenda. The people who want to play with others will, the people who don't won't. There's no point in making less socially-inclined players suffer through extra grind just because.

21 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:
  • 98% of the public spy missions i've been in, always have people that don't know what they are doing.
  • And they don't know how to DO NOTHING, or STAY OUT of vaults.
  •  
  • I will no longer try to help anyone in spy missions.

the only time i do sortie spys in public, is to help ppl get past lua spy, since so many fail at it. and every time ive posted in recruiting chat for ppl, i get tons of whispers asking to join. not once have i had one try to follow me into one of em.

7 minutes ago, Imaru said:

Or, rather than being rude and raging against people who don't know how to do it, teach them how to. You can play solo to solve the problem, but teaching people is always a nice thing to do. 

I tried.

3 minutes ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

To the contrary, you should know to solo or private-match spy vaults if you are dead-set on success from the get-go. Just from knowing how the vaults work.

Instead, I would rather actively encourage players who don't know anything about the vaults to at least follow me in if I'm running public just so that they can get the much-needed experience towards learning how to solve them. If they haven't already figured it out solo, chances are they could use some third-party assistance/advice. The way I see it, Public is there for challenges you CAN'T do on your own or when you can't find more coordinated help. It seems counter-intuitive to go Public for something that is indisputably easier alone.

If you get Sortie spy forced solo, I want the game to actually be balanced around a solo experience with loot/difficulty modifiers for extra players a la Borderlands. Sure, Warframe is a multiplayer game, but that doesn't mean it needs to mechanically enforce that agenda. The people who want to play with others will, the people who don't won't. There's no point in making less socially-inclined players suffer through extra grind just because.

Spys aren't really a grind. They are easy once you figure them out.

I guess the learning could be the grind though.

2 minutes ago, Moysa said:

the only time i do sortie spys in public, is to help ppl get past lua spy, since so many fail at it. and every time ive posted in recruiting chat for ppl, i get tons of whispers asking to join. not once have i had one try to follow me into one of em.

Well, if I loaded into the mission before everyone decided to do their own thing, then I would totally try to teach them as we went.

But I always load in when people are already in a vault, or just getting into a vault.

Most players don't have enough patience to simply wait for the team to fully load in before running off.

Now, if chat worked in the load screen, then I'd be able to tell them to wait before loading in.

Fun story:

I'm not the guy who sucks at Spy (in fact, I'm pretty decent)

I'm the guy who joins a public level 3 Sortie spy mission and brings a squishy frame in a rush because someone started the timer, and then when the first 2 vaults are done, I accidentally trigger the alarms on the third, and being the squishy frame I am, bleeds out while trying to complete the last part of the vault, watching in despair as the Bleedout timer has more time than the purging sequence, and my cellmates are on the other side of the map.

RandomDouche [19:09]: if you're not loki

RandomDouche [19:09]: then don't * go in the vaults

I used to be scared of spy missions. I sucked at getting the data, and usually would hinder my team.

I then got good with Loki and started learning how to do each one to help my team. If they got a new room I had not done before I would do it so I could learn it.

Once you learn them it is SO much fun to get into them without getting seen.

So yeah I would say to new players, practice them, get good at doing them. They are fun, and it is better than just sitting at the zone in not helping at all.

Spy missions are hard at first, but after a couple of failures, you should be able to understand how to do them. The only spy missions that I would hesitate to say I'm good at would be the ones at Lua. Of course, I do all the spy missions alone. It saves me time and patience for other occasions....

46 minutes ago, Imaru said:

Or, rather than being rude and raging against people who don't know how to do it, teach them how to. You can play solo to solve the problem, but teaching people is always a nice thing to do. 

Have fun being a mentor -in every mission-, I'm sure you'll quickly grow tired of explaining people how to do the vaults.

I completely agree with OPs point, if you don't know how to do the vaults, at the very least have the decency to stay out of them and let the guy who does know carry you through it. And yes, solo is a solution but it shouldn't be the only solution.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

Yeah! Don't even try learning spy vaults! Submit to people who have the option to play solo or coordinate groups but choose to play random trough theyr own free will and thus bring this situation among themselfes!

Respect your rude elders you punks! And get off my lawn!!!!

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

16 minutes ago, Artorius-Alter said:

Have fun being a mentor -in every mission-, I'm sure you'll quickly grow tired of explaining people how to do the vaults.

I completely agree with OPs point, if you don't know how to do the vaults, at the very least have the decency to stay out of them and let the guy who does know carry you through it. And yes, solo is a solution but it shouldn't be the only solution.

As a Guide of the Lotus, no, not really. It's not that bad. Sometimes its easier to demonstrate than to explain.