Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This game needs a "No Limbo" option in the games Menu

MudShadow

I feel like I understand OP to a degree, though he probably should have gone about in a better way. 

Playing with and as Limbo has made me realize he has numerous issues.

Namely with Stasis. If an ally locks the map down with it, you are forced into melee or you do nothing. I have had Limbos who do this, and I've played my Limbo that does this.

I've caught some flak for doing this.

Abilites that stop allies from running around and killing things tend to be disliked, and his is the prime ability for slowing down our fellow tenno.

No other frame really has the ability to stop us from flat out killing things (aside from melee) within 30+ meter. 

It is indeed a little dumb. 

You could just solo or do pre-made lobbies. But, as a heavy solo player, I can vouche that this game does NOT aid solo players at all. And with pre-made lobbies, it takes time and I also wouldn't want to do it for every mission I join.

How can DE fix this? Hell if I know.

But they should look into it. 

I'm okay with WoF Embers and Synoid Mirages becuase I can avoid them for the most part and still play the game. But with Limbo, it can become problamatic. 

For example, my current Limbo build has a 70 second Stasis/Cataclysm with a starting 30 meter bubble. That's a big chunk of the map where my allies are forced to melee or stand around. I understand how that could be VERY irritating at times. 

Edited by KX297

23 minutes ago, MudShadow said:

I've never had any issues with any of these other frames you've mentioned

These frames and stuff do the same thing if it used right.

Asking about No-Limbo option = crying about Limbo nerf, because all neofits and Mercury heroes would use this option. And if this would realized, the next step would be the same option with a lot of another frames and weapons.

37 minutes ago, MudShadow said:

The problems I see with this Warframe..

-The visual effects of his skills are annoying

-The Sound effects are annoying

That's not objective problem. That's only your personal opinion.

32 minutes ago, MudShadow said:

I have 650 hours on the game

And ? Is it a lot ?

39 minutes ago, MudShadow said:

-The actual Vacinity and Range of his abilities are ridiculous and the worst design mechanic I have ever seen in a co-op game. I played one game about an hour ago, where almost the entire map all of the enemies were all frozen in time and immune to damage. I did nothing for that entire ten minute round except for running around looking at frozen enemies. What is the point in playing the game like this? There is no point.

A lot of frames have an effective control skills. 

If you find it boring just stop PvE, and try yourself in Conclave. The is no AoE in PvP.

And it would be your personal NO-Limbo option.

14 minutes ago, --Dark_Rage-- said:

If you find it boring just stop PvE, and try yourself in Conclave. The is no AoE in PvP.

Or DE could just fix their game? no one wants to play a horde shooter where you can't actually shoot hordes. I don't really care about OP abilities in this game either. It's all part and parcel of the design. The only problem I have is that I can't actually kill anything when Limbo is present in the game. And 90% of the time there's nothing else to do in this game except shoot enemies. And if you cant' do the one sole thing that the game was designed to let you do, then guess what there is a problem.

Edited by MudShadow

20 minutes ago, KX297 said:

2) Being able to target enemies outside the rift with Banish while he himself is still currently in the rift. (We do not have this).

I wanted this... but after your explanation I may agree with you... it would be "to much", he can't be overpowered like that.

Is Limbo annoying?

Yes, when someone who doesn't know how to play him.

No, when he's being played by someone with brain.

They need to mix in more powerful mini-bosses with the grunts. Bursa and Hyeanas were fantastic foils for the higher end frames during that corporus machine revolt event that happened in year 2 or 3, I forget. That would help against those easy to win frames while still allowing for new players to take on the low end grunts while veterans have their hands full with a unit that's saying NOPE to everything "Fire and Forget" they are throwing at it.

this is just ridiculous. a few months ago, limbo was preety much not used by almost anyone,abandoned and forgotten(except for his mains)

Now he gets a reword. NERF!!!1!!!1.

I'm preety happy with his changes now.A very usefull frame, which also gives passive energy regen.

and about the 30m cataclysm, I can preety do the same with ash(while invis),nova and saryn. so I don't see the problem, at least for now

2 hours ago, MudShadow said:

Or DE could just fix their game? no one wants to play a horde shooter where you can't actually shoot hordes. I don't really care about OP abilities in this game either. It's all part and parcel of the design. The only problem I have is that I can't actually kill anything when Limbo is present in the game. And 90% of the time there's nothing else to do in this game except shoot enemies. And if you cant' do the one sole thing that the game was designed to let you do, then guess what there is a problem.

MElEE

If it meant filtering out persons like yourself i would endorse this and go Limbo main. 

Players have to deal with your frame and playstyle just like anyone else. Why do you get to single out a single class? This is like someone asking to delet Mirage from the game because she killsteals. What?

16 minutes ago, corporatePaladin said:

If it meant filtering out persons like yourself i would endorse this and go Limbo main. 

Players have to deal with your frame and playstyle just like anyone else. Why do you get to single out a single class? This is like someone asking to delet Mirage from the game because she killsteals. What?

I find this argument to be some what invalid in Limbo's case. 

Yes, Mirage does kill steal a lot depending on her choice of weapon. 

But you can still play the game.

Limbo can basically decide what weapon you get to use within a 30+ meter area of effect. 

I had my Dread with me on a mobile defence a couple of missions back. That mission had a Stasis Limbo. I barely got to use my primary for the whole mission. To use it, I had to pretty much leave the objective (not that it really mattered since Limbo makes it invincible). 

What it really boils down to is Stasis being unhealthy on its current scale.

Having things like WoF Ember and Synoid Mirage that make you compete for kills is one thing.

Having a frame that says you can only melee within a large area of effect is another. Sure, you can make Stasis crash, but any Limbo who is paying attention will simply recast it. And players with single-shot-slow-firing weapons can't really bring Stasis down.

Then there's also the argument that I shouldn't have to be attempting to deactivate a teammate's ability to start with.

Having filters for certain frames is a bad idea, as it blocks players from using what they want and feel comfortable with. However, on that note, DE should avoid making powers that are counterproductive to teamwork and at times even detrimental. 

When playing as Limbo, I have to worry about my team bringing down Stasis. When playing with a Limbo on my team, I have to try to work around Stasis. Depending on the mission, both of these situations can get very irritating and complex very fast.

Honestly, looking at the Limbo rework, I don't think DE will ever be able to fully resolve these issues based on how they want him to function.

Troll Limbo is pretty bad too.

Oh well. I'll just keep working through it like always and see what DE does.

Only time will tell. 

But again, filters for which frame to allow in your game = Bad idea.

DE making abilities that are counterproductive to teamplay and teamwork in a co-op game = Bad idea.

Edited by KX297

I don't care whether aLimbo can kill everything dead instantly; I care that Limbo gets to decide when my attacks on enemies occur, and whether I receive feedback on the effectiveness of my contribution to the mission. 

Limbo is really the one frame now that interferes with the game experience simply by virtue of using his powers as intended. Other frame get complaints, but generally they have to be intentionally messing with you to really kill the fun. Limbo just has to use his powers the way they're designed to kill the fun. In fact, that was always an issue with him. 

The game does not need anymore exclusionary mechanics. I get OP's frustrations, but there are already ways to get around his problem. However, since this is a co-op incentivised game, it makes little to no sense why DE would allow a frame to be so overpowered to the point where 3 teammates stand around and do nothing while Limbo claps his hands and everything on the map dies. That is completely and utterly anti-teamplay.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

I don't care whether aLimbo can kill everything dead instantly; I care that Limbo gets to decide when my attacks on enemies occur, and whether I receive feedback on the effectiveness of my contribution to the mission. 

Limbo is really the one frame now that interferes with the game experience simply by virtue of using his powers as intended. Other frame get complaints, but generally they have to be intentionally messing with you to really kill the fun. Limbo just has to use his powers the way they're designed to kill the fun. In fact, that was always an issue with him. 

^ Precisely.
I doubt DE will ever fix Limbo simply because of the whole "rift" power set and what not. We will probably always have troll Limbos.

Unfortunately, Limbo can hurt team play and player enjoyment by simply engaging his ability combos.

Again, I have no idea how DE could even BEGIN to solve these issues, let alone reach a full fix in which both sides are happy. 

1 minute ago, Jobistober said:

The game does not need anymore exclusionary mechanics. I get OP's frustrations, but there are already ways to get around his problem. However, since this is a co-op incentivised game, it makes little to no sense why DE would allow a frame to be so overpowered to the point where 3 teammates stand around and do nothing while Limbo claps his hands and everything on the map dies. That is completely and utterly anti-teamplay.

^ This.

Is it Limbo's fault?

Not really.

Is it fault of the player playing him?

To a degree, but still not fully. They are simply utilizing what was provided.

DE's fault?

Yes, most of the fault is with DE. They really should look back into his power set and reflect on these issues in the future when making new frames. 

We shouldn't have filters allowing players to block certain frames, but at the same time we shouldn't have frames that are counterproductive to team play. 

Talks being ridiculous, limbo really did get op in this rework, we had four people in that sortie 3 corpus defense, and our limbo could solo it by spamming cataclysm, obviously we didn't complain because it was hella cool, but it does need a nerf, just like ember before him

Just now, TheChaotic1 said:

Talks being ridiculous, limbo really did get op in this rework, we had four people in that sortie 3 corpus defense, and our limbo could solo it by spamming cataclysm, obviously we didn't complain because it was hella cool, but it does need a nerf, just like ember before him

it was cool . i want it nerfed . two contradictory statements 

10 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DeluxeKnight831 said:

Just because it was amusing doesn't mean it's good for game balance, because if every sortie is zenurik limbo cataclysm spam it will get old

I didn't ask him to stop because it's DE's responsibilitynot mine. And because it wasn't hurting anyone.

What people fail to get is that even if no one is hurt, needs gotta happen to keep things in line

Edited by TheChaotic1

21 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DeluxeKnight831 said:

Not really.

Recognizing when something is too powerful doesn't mean I can't believe it to be fun or cool. 

Trinity's old Blessing was both fun and cool, and I'm glad they nerfed it, because it was far too powerful.

21 minutes ago, ChameleonBro said:

There are other frames who do the same things as he does only better. Did you ever even try and ask the person to stop ?

That could be argued easily.

Limbo now has VERY high damage output, top tier CC, very few downsides, etc.

Any why should I ask him to stop? Isn't that kind of problamatic in its own way? 

You want me to ask the person who picked his frame to stop using his frame? 

The issue here is that DE has created a moveset that (while powerful) is counterproductive to team play. 

Asking someone to stop using thier powers is not something I generally like to do. In Limbo's case, it isn't really the players fault so much as it is the developers for making his new power set the way it is currently. 

Did he need a rework? Yes.

Could they have gone about it in a better way? Yes.

Does Limbo still need work? Oh ya, for sure.

Just now, KX297 said:

That could be argued easily.

Limbo now has VERY high damage output, top tier CC, very few downsides, etc.

Any why should I ask him to stop? Isn't that kind of problamatic in its own way? 

You want me to ask the person who picked his frame to stop using his frame? 

The issue here is that DE has created a moveset that (while powerful) is counterproductive to team play. 

Asking someone to stop using thier powers is not something I generally like to do. In Limbo's case, it isn't really the players fault so much as it is the developers for making his new power set the way it is currently. 

Did he need a rework? Yes.

Could they have gone about it in a better way? Yes.

Does Limbo still need work? Oh ya, for sure.

I understand asking the player to stop is not going to work always, but you can try. As for him not being squad friendly I can just see Cataclysm being a problem. When I encounter someone using stasis I just use it to my advantage.