Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What should I spend Platinum on?

(PSN)HammadOArab

Question

Basically what I said in the title.

Right now I have my eyes set on the Hunhows Gift Bundle for 516 P, and I need 140 more for it, but is it worth it?

I'm good on color pallets and I decided I can score armour with the Gift Bundle.

I'm really not sure, I would love a war yet I know I can also buy sets in trade chat, so what would you go for?

(No Rhino or Boltor P tho cus those are next to get unvaulted and I can wait)

Edited by (PS4)iExceedGaming

20 answers to this question

23 minutes ago, (PS4)iExceedGaming said:

No Rhino or Boltor P tho cus those are next to get unvaulted and I can wait

smart tenno. I personally bought hunhows gift and didn't regret it. The armor is amazing and the War is well the War. I would first focus on inventory management and just stock up on slots; if you plan on building and keeping many frames and weapons. I would also invest in a few potatoes. They do come around for free but not often enough imo(I know de gotta eat too). After you are happy with that part then look into splurging and getting those shiny bits and pieces.  

1 hour ago, (PS4)iExceedGaming said:

Right now I have my eyes set on the Hunhows Gift Bundle for 516 P, and I need 140 more for it, but is it worth it?

I'm good on color pallets and I decided I can score armour with the Gift Bundle.

I'm really not sure, I would love a war yet I know I can also buy sets in trade chat, so what would you go for?

1 hour ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Warframe slots and weapons slots. Maybe a deluxe skin or tennogen that is appealing. But that's just me.

59 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

spend it on rushing crafting. ;)

as said before, waframe and weapon slots are your best choice to start out

53 minutes ago, (PS4)jFresh215 said:

smart tenno. I personally bought hunhows gift and didn't regret it. The armor is amazing and the War is well the War. I would first focus on inventory management and just stock up on slots; if you plan on building and keeping many frames and weapons. I would also invest in a few potatoes. They do come around for free but not often enough imo(I know de gotta eat too). After you are happy with that part then look into splurging and getting those shiny bits and pieces.  

47 minutes ago, FlyingLlama said:

Hunhow's gift is basically a 600p syandana, some radio aerials and an overrated lame weapon. Use it wisely.

No, no, maybe, no.  Every time someone asks "what do I spend Plat on?" a bunch of tight wads reply "slots, potatoes, and cosmetics" without actually reading the post.

Yes, you need slots and can only get them for plat.  But there is no reason to stock up.  Buy slots as needed.  Potatoes and forma are common enough in game that you can meet most of your needs for free.  If not, buy as needed.  Don't stock up.  

Cosmetics are a matter of personal taste.  Buy what you like.  It doesn't effect actual game play at all.

Plat is really easy to make once you get rolling in trade chat.  I own nearly everything of substance you can buy for plat (and some cosmetics too) and I've never spent a dime.  It's funny money.  Spend it how you will.  I've bought the last three warframes with plat just so I could have them three days before the peasants.

As far as Hunhow's Gift, I bought it just for War and I've never regreted it.  War itself is still a top five melee weapon.  I'm level 23 and I've only ever got 2 War blueprints so it's an extremely rare drop.  (The BP is not tradeable BTW.)  I've killed over 200 hundred Sentients and still never gotten a single War part. 

As for the cosmetics, the Pakal Sydana is one of the best looking in the game.  I put my max Arcane Avenger on it and use it on everything.  The Scimitar armor is ... interesting.  It makes your ship look like it's wrapped in bacon.  I'm rocking it for now.  The Warframe and kubrow armor is not the best looking.

Edited by (XB1)ThermalStone

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

Yes, you need slots and can only get them for plat.  But there is no reason to stock up.  Buy slots as needed.  Potatoes and forma are common enough in game that you can meet most of your needs for free.  If not, buy as needed.  Don't stock up.  

pretty sure no one said to stock up. you do not have to spend plat, but if, save it for things you can't get otherwise, aka slots. so... maybe instead of telling us to read you should not add things to what was said to make a huge post, mkay?

21 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

Every time someone asks "what do I spend Plat on?" a bunch of tight wads reply "slots, potatoes, and cosmetics" without actually reading the post.

You added no substance to your post. You never indicated in the OP what level you were or where you were in the game. You asked a question and insightful people gave you very reasonable answers given the lack of background you gave. I see that you're on of those guys though. 

For the future though; ask a generic question, get a cookie cutter answer. 

20 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

pretty sure no one said to stock up

and for the sake of fairness, I kinda did. And stand by it as advice for newer players. If you plan on getting and keeping 5-10 frames and have the plat now, "why not just go ahead and make that investment?" is my logic.

5 hours ago, (PS4)iExceedGaming said:

For sure don't waste your plat on cosmetic if you do not own every single frame and weapon in the game.

you can buy:

Frames, weapons, slots, potatoes, whatever will help you in your progress.... hell even a forma bundle would be better than cosmetic for the moment.

(assuming that you do not have all the frames and weapons)

6 hours ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Warframe slots and weapons slots. Maybe a deluxe skin or tennogen that is appealing. But that's just me.

That used to be the best answer, back when you stood a decent chance of getting most everything via drops if you had the patience to grind. But about a year ago, it seems like DE began to focus more on generating income, and that one partTM started dropping much less often...

Lately it seems like most of the new frames are either buy it with Plat, or get comfortable waiting a looong while for the chase parts to move into decent-drop-ratio range. But in fairness, that could also just be my perception.

14 hours ago, (PS4)jFresh215 said:

You added no substance to your post. You never indicated in the OP what level you were or where you were in the game. You asked a question and insightful people gave you very reasonable answers given the lack of background you gave. I see that you're on of those guys though. 

For the future though; ask a generic question, get a cookie cutter answer. 

and for the sake of fairness, I kinda did. And stand by it as advice for newer players. If you plan on getting and keeping 5-10 frames and have the plat now, "why not just go ahead and make that investment?" is my logic.

My MR rank is in there.  Next time read the post.

I provided an opinion based on my rather lengthy experience with the game, backed it up with several paragraphs of advice tailored to the specific concerns in the OP's post, and pointed out the problems with the advice other posters were giving.  Next time maybe I should just read the title and respond "slots" like everyone else.

Despite it being an (apparently) unpopular opinion, I still think you should only spend plat on items unobtainable otherwise.

Warframe/weapon/sentinel/pet slots. Deluxe skins. Accessories you like. Color pickers (but you've done that already). Octavia's instruments (after DE makes them actually useful beyond making ringtones for Nokia 3310). That sort of stuff. 

Buying anything that can be obtained via gameplay leads to one thing only - boredom and burnout. 

Warframe has no meaningful/difficult high-end content that you need to gear up to. Vast majority of it can be soloed, the rest  can be pugged. So unless you set farming mini-goals for yourself you will get bored out of your mind sooner rather than later. And if you actively use plat to get your hands on something farmable, "soon" will turn into "extremely soon".

1 hour ago, Reifnir said:

Buying anything that can be obtained via gameplay leads to one thing only - boredom and burnout. 

Warframe has no meaningful/difficult high-end content that you need to gear up to. Vast majority of it can be soloed, the rest  can be pugged. So unless you set farming mini-goals for yourself you will get bored out of your mind sooner rather than later. And if you actively use plat to get your hands on something farmable, "soon" will turn into "extremely soon".

I'd say this is only true on a case by case basis.  When I wanted the Elytron (before it was clan tech) I spent a weekend doing 8 rnd runs on Caelus and never obtained a single piece.  I stopped farming because it was burning me out from the game.  During the week after that, I got a plat discount for the market and just purchased it.  Had I continued to do that soul-sucking grind, it would have led to worse boredom and burnout.

Same applies for people who run endless spy missions and can't get Ivara to drop.  Or Equinox.  Or etc, etc, etc.

Sometimes dropping plat can end the burnout and allow you to start playing with a new piece of gear instead of constantly farming it and failing to obtain it.

Disclaimer:  I'm not suggesting OP go out and buy Ivara or anything else.  I'm in the camp that slots are most important until one has enough slots or enough plat to get more slots on demand.

ONLY spend plat on slots and/or cosmetics that you REALLY want imho

of course you can spend plat to get a frame or gear earlier than grinding for it, but then all you are doing is spending $ to make the game effectively shorter for yourself 

i have yet to buy a prime access pack becuz ive been skeptical of DE's bizniz calls in the last few years, but those are good ways to get plat at a better rate and some swag at the same time fwiw

considering that DE no longer owns a controlling stake in the company/game anymore tho, i doubt i will be dropping any $ on WF anytime soon unfortunately =[ 

On 4/5/2017 at 6:42 PM, (PS4)jFresh215 said:

Thank you!

Amazing feedback c:

Buying the bundle is what i did also, but only for the war, because the trader brings us cosmetics that we can get for ducats. Once i got rank 13 i switched to the gelatine prime. U can also buy a frost with 250 or 300 pl or an ember for 400pl. And with the chroma deluxe skin coming out with the sword skin there is a beautiful skin for heavy blades for 225 pl or with a discount even less, my opinion is use the regular gelatine and buy the chroma deluxe bundle for the sword skin (with a discount if you are willing to wait) :satisfied:

Get an awesome skin and you will even save some plat :cool::thumbup::platinum:

War is bad with the impact base. I mean there's shattering impact but that one's kinda inferior to slash builds or auras. Broken War is decent but swords kinda suck atm or it's rather outclassed by many things that are not centered around raw damage so no to that one too. Only reason to get it is for the syandana, should you even consider using it and that's quite a bit of plat for a syandana...

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

If you got the plat, get things that appeal you or boost your mod arsenal (maxed primed mods sell for peanuts on consoles, not to mention r10 regular mods)

The upcomming chroma bundle is worth the wait too (if only for the heavy weapon skin) or get you some primes. I'm a fan of valk myself imo but may just be me.