Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mods - Upgrade & Downgrade

(XBOX)Oussii

We all know that we can upgrade mods by a simple click with Endo

Is it possible to have an option of downgrading a Mod?

we may not get the full endo in return, at least part of it, but sometimes, you upgrade a mod, then for one reason or another, you discover that you shouldn't have gone that high or to max.

that would be very useful in so many occasions

It was brought up in a devstream a while ago, and DE said they are working on a system where after you've maxed a mod, you can equip it at any rank - no downgrading and other stuff needed.

It isn't top priority I guess, but many small UI improvements are made every few patches, so I wouldn't be surprised to see this addition in the future.

2 hours ago, ThunderZsolt said:

It was brought up in a devstream a while ago, and DE said they are working on a system where after you've maxed a mod, you can equip it at any rank - no downgrading and other stuff needed.

Ooh, that would be nice. I could say bye bye to the two extra narrow minded's I have at different ranks, the extra fleeting expertise, the extra blind rage, the extra firewalker, the extra vitality, the extra transient fortitude, the extra overextended, the extra stretch's, ...

20 minutes ago, Xaranoth said:

Ooh, that would be nice. I could say bye bye to the two extra narrow minded's I have at different ranks, the extra fleeting expertise, the extra blind rage, the extra firewalker, the extra vitality, the extra transient fortitude, the extra overextended, the extra stretch's, ...

what? no extra ammo drums?

I do not think DE will do it. It is a really good idea, but then you only  need 1 of each mod. Players like me with 4 fleeting expertise, etc will not need extra copies and thus saturation of the market in terms of mods. Also, extra mod copies are a good source of endo and credit sink.

16 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

I do not think DE will do it. It is a really good idea, but then you only  need 1 of each mod. Players like me with 4 fleeting expertise, etc will not need extra copies and thus saturation of the market in terms of mods. Also, extra mod copies are a good source of endo and credit sink.

I don't see why not?

I have dozens of fleeting expertise.

Either we sell them in the market or transmute them

Having a double or more of the same mod won't affect the process

In my opinion, it should ease their servers

This "throttle down" option seems like a good idea when you're sort of in the saddle with the game from the mid-game on, but by the time you've played the game for a while, you realize it's hardly any trouble at all, or even expense, to have several copies of the same mid with different pippages, in fact it's quite easy and not all that expensive.  

Basically any number of pips short of the last is hardly any endo cost at all by the time you're of a high MR level and have played the game for a while.

Most of us probably have several copies of Fleeting Expertise with 3, 4 and 5 pips, and there are other mods that it's good to have various levels of ranking (basically most of the Corrupted mods are handy to have several copies of so you can fine tune builds).

It's different with Primed mods though,those really are very expensive endo and credit wise.  But they're best full anyway, there's no real reason to have them throttled down, as you can use the normal mods if you want less powerful/drain cost versions.

Edited by Omnimorph

7 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

How about a slider?

When you max out a mod you get a slider on it to set at what rank you want to use it.

Indeed. Thats what  @ThunderZsolt kinda said, what DE mentioned in the DEVstream.

To "unlock" such a feature after maxing it, would be a great thing.

Thought..to forma a slot should be able to switch between all options too.

And ofc at other builds allow other/different forma options in the same slot(s) (A/B/C)...

Edited by P0Pz

10 hours ago, Skaleek said:

Sure would be cool if I could meld like 1000 ammo drums into a primed ammo drum

think about it seriously

It would be nice, if 1000 mods can be turned into a primed one provided that the prime already exists or already released.