Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do I defeat Tyl Regor, the Uranus boss?

(XBOX)LunaraIsEmpress

Question

I just got done completing the Natah quest and I am now expected to defeat Tyl Regor to move onto Neptune. The thing is, this boss is basically God. Yes, it is easy to get damage on him, mostly because the game doesn't require you to hit him in a special spot to defeat him, which is great because he's already really OP. I have failed a couple of times and I am completely clueless on how I can take him out. He moves at the speed of sound, turns invisible and scares the living crap out of me when he appears behind me. 

I try asking people in the Xbox Warframe Club I'm in and all I get is "Get this Warframe" Or "Invite me! I'll kill him for you," And if you think about it those don't sound like a bad thing to do, except, one, Warframes take days to build and a certain amount of time to farm based on the difficulty of the boss that drops its parts, plus on top of that, I don't use Xbox Live GOLD which takes away my privilege of playing multiplayer. 

And back to the topic of Warframes, someone tell me please how I can defeat it. And tell me please, if I need to switch weapons. (Those are easier to get).

Warframe:  Max Rank RHINO

Primary Weapon: Rank 15 Tigris

Secondary Weapon: Rank 29 Dex Furis

Melee Weapon: Max Rank Dex Dakra

Companion: Rank 28 Carrier Sentinel

Companion Weapon: Max Rank Sweeper

All of these have lots of upgraded mods, My sentinel, Tigris, and sentinel weapon have been upgraded with either an Orokin Catalyst or an Orokin Reactor. The Dex weapons already had a huge mod capacity. (The Dex Furis has a capacity of 58 and I never upgraded it or anything, and it's not even maxed out.

So please tell me what I am doing wrong. Are my fighting tactics incorrect? Do I need to change them? I would be forever grateful if someone told me how to defeat him.

23 answers to this question

Shoot him when he stops moving? I don't see how he is an issue tbh.  I don't know how to help you tbh because I don't know what you are doing, and because he was a breeze for me... then again I have weapons that melt him.

For some info that could actually be helpful, try this: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Tyl_Regor

Or just google "tyl regor" and you'll find some threads on him.

• Like 1

You should try using a warframe or weapon that can stun him. Try Frost or Volt (they are quite easy to get).

Or just join a public group, there's usually at least 1 guy who can one-hit-kill any enemy in the game.

i've just killed him with my loki prime using only the orthos prime in solo, but the fact is that i've never done it before since equinox came out, so the only thing i suggest you is to mod well you dakras (or find an other melee), put yout iron skin on and just cut him, if i remeber correctly your rhino's stomp should knock him too, so if you can build some duration to have time to rekt him

While the Tigris is a very powerful shotgun (one of my personal favourites), I wonder if you have enough mods on it (especially if it is just rank 15). What mods do you currently have installed? You may not have enough mod capacity to do a great deal of damage to Tyl. Are there any other max rank guns in your possession?

Do you have the mod "Enemy Sense" for your warframe of "Animal Instinct" for your sentinel? Either of them will help you track Tyl Regor (so long as he doesn't use his Smokescreen ability to turn invisible). 

If I may ask, what was your starter frame? If it was Excalibur, you may be able to make quick work of him using your Exalted Blade ability. Rhino should be fine, I just can't remember if his Stomp temporarily immobilizes Regor or not.

Apologies for all the questions, but it will help give me an idea of what you have and what tactics you can employ.

Tyl Regor moves fast but he doesn't hit that hard (especially for Rhino) 

All you need to do is wait for his attacks, and smash him as he tries to get you, melee is king here. 

Side note, when he reaches different levels of health he engages new phases, first he will send a bunch of Drekar Manics at you (same strategy as Tyl Regor, wait for them and attack with melee). 

Then he'll, and I quote, "Pull down the ocean on you", basically just run up to the upper part of the arena before being flooded and you'll be clear. At this moment you'll hear a manic laugh note that means that a Drekar Manic Bombard has appeared, alongside another Drekar Manic, I recommend to stealth attack the Bombard and eliminate the regular Manic. 

Now Regor will reappear, apply the same strategy as before and you'll hand him his sorry @ss in no time. 

Hope that helps. 

5 hours ago, Fiftycentis said:

i've just killed him with my loki prime using only the orthos prime in solo, but the fact is that i've never done it before since equinox came out, so the only thing i suggest you is to mod well you dakras (or find an other melee), put yout iron skin on and just cut him, if i remeber correctly your rhino's stomp should knock him too, so if you can build some duration to have time to rekt him

I have tried numerous times to Rhino Stomp him but it is super ineffective. He does nothing but teleport out of the aura. I've even stomped him while he was in the middle of Melee attacking me but he somehow teleports out of stasis.

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)LunaraIsEmpress said:

and scares the living crap out of me when he appears behind me.

Ah, this reminds me of good ol' Blood Lord from Vindictus. The go-to tactic for countering this was to simply have your character walk away from the camera so his back faces whatever your camera is looking at. That way you can see the boss the instant it materializes "behind" you.

I honestly don't remember if this tactic applies to Tyl Regor and/or Manics as well, but I use it all the time when facing them anyways and I haven't had any problems. Just land both Tigris shots as quickly as possible the instant you see Regor appear on your screen.

If you're still having trouble doing this, try getting close to Regor and baiting him into doing melee swings. As soon as he begins a swinging animation, slide away from him while throwing pellets into his body.

Edited by SortaRandom

2 hours ago, SortaRandom said:

Ah, this reminds me of good ol' Blood Lord from Vindictus. The go-to tactic for countering this was to simply have your character walk away from the camera so his back faces whatever your camera is looking at. That way you can see the boss the instant it materializes "behind" you.

I honestly don't remember if this tactic applies to Tyl Regor and/or Manics as well, but I use it all the time when facing them anyways and I haven't had any problems. Just land both Tigris shots as quickly as possible the instant you see Regor appear on your screen.

If you're still having trouble doing this, try getting close to Regor and baiting him into doing melee swings. As soon as he begins a swinging animation, slide away from him while throwing pellets into his body.

That sounds like a good tactic. I'll try it.

When i had to face tyl for the first time i had frost so his slow helped me alot. But i just did a few solo runs as a rhino with somewhat of an unmaxed build (same weapons as op) and i concluded 2 tactis work quite well.

1. Is to just use power strenght and armor mods, kill every enemy you see on your way to get some energy (or if you have access, get some energy refill pads). Then reserve all those energy for iron skin only, and go ham on him with the tigriss / dex sybaris

2. Same as 1, but i put a few mods for duration as well. Put up iron skin but always dodge so you can preserve it, and when he shows up, use roar to buff yourself and damage him

Rhino's stomp doesn't really work because you can't really spam it without zenurik/arcanes and 160-175 effeciency, and with bosses the duration gets cut alot (same case with mag's magnatize)

rhino can do it, but IF you happen to have either of these frames, it'll make it easier for you : valkyr (burst damage when he shows up) / frost (put a globe and he'll slow down) / inaros (tanking, alot)

2 hours ago, SortaRandom said:

This bloodborne/darksouls tactic also work lol

8 hours ago, (Xbox One)LunaraIsEmpress said:

I just got done completing the Natah quest and I am now expected to defeat Tyl Regor to move onto Neptune. The thing is, this boss is basically God. Yes, it is easy to get damage on him, mostly because the game doesn't require you to hit him in a special spot to defeat him, which is great because he's already really OP. I have failed a couple of times and I am completely clueless on how I can take him out. He moves at the speed of sound, turns invisible and scares the living crap out of me when he appears behind me. 

I try asking people in the Xbox Warframe Club I'm in and all I get is "Get this Warframe" Or "Invite me! I'll kill him for you," And if you think about it those don't sound like a bad thing to do, except, one, Warframes take days to build and a certain amount of time to farm based on the difficulty of the boss that drops its parts, plus on top of that, I don't use Xbox Live GOLD which takes away my privilege of playing multiplayer. 

And back to the topic of Warframes, someone tell me please how I can defeat it. And tell me please, if I need to switch weapons. (Those are easier to get).

Warframe:  Max Rank RHINO

Primary Weapon: Rank 15 Tigris

Secondary Weapon: Rank 29 Dex Furis

Melee Weapon: Max Rank Dex Dakra

Companion: Rank 28 Carrier Sentinel

Companion Weapon: Max Rank Sweeper

All of these have lots of upgraded mods, My sentinel, Tigris, and sentinel weapon have been upgraded with either an Orokin Catalyst or an Orokin Reactor. The Dex weapons already had a huge mod capacity. (The Dex Furis has a capacity of 58 and I never upgraded it or anything, and it's not even maxed out.

So please tell me what I am doing wrong. Are my fighting tactics incorrect? Do I need to change them? I would be forever grateful if someone told me how to defeat him.

killed him with Loki, quanta vandal and kulstar.. (on a sortie mission)

So on a normal one it's much more easy.

You can also try to kill him with Mesa

Edited by (XB1)Oussii

Whoever wrote all these answers before all are brute force.

You just need poison type melee weapon with high attack speed mods. Even if your weapon is weakest one you'll drain his hp to 0. Poison ignores his shield

15 minutes ago, Shouvik2001 said:

You just need poison type melee weapon with high attack speed mods. Even if your weapon is weakest one you'll drain his hp to 0. Poison ignores his shield

The game didn't work the same way back in 2017, we used to be a lot weaker

EDIT: Can we get this thread archived?

Edited by -Krism-
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Shouvik2001 said:

Thanks for the tip! I am actually stonewalled by this guy so it's super convenient this thread got necro'd, lol.