The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ways players could get rid of their massive collection of resources

KisaPrime

Had a thought earlier about this and was thinking maybe we could have an index like challenge where we bet our resources for other resources. Figured this would be for the Infested faction and idk why but it just makes sense that the infested are wanting to take peoples resources for their own personal reasons. The main boss that would probably hold this would be lephantis since he's basically the head of the infested. I haven't given thought too much about the details for this, just the basics. What do y'all think about this? 

Edited by mustache_kitteh

1. Why does it make sense for the infested to collect my alloy plates or controle modules?
  2. How would I get rid of my recourses by betting them in an Index like gamemode? I would just increase them even more.
  3. Great Avatar, all Hail Clem
Edited by Kuestenjung

why not collect resources and make it  a personal goal to collect a massive amount of all of them? I like making the numbers go up...maybe thats just me.

its like running missions just to raise my kill count. I'll spend 5 minutes on a mission to do an objective, but I'll spend 3 hours on a map to get 500 headshots and 2000 kills. Hoarding is fun. 

Edited by Babellon

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Francis_Boudreau said:

How about no? Hema was such a sink and it got people to complain.  Why would you want to arbitrary lose a lot of resources when you could need them later for insane crafting requirements? And please, don't give DE ideas. 

1.  This idea, although not really good, is supposed for vets
  2.  Do you really think there will be something someday that needs 100k alloy plates or 1k oro cells?
  3.  The Hema is a step in the right direction, that´s how clan researches should be. No need for a clan if I can do the research by myown easily.
  4.  You cannot give ideas to DE that they already have.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Francis_Boudreau said:

How about no? Hema was such a sink and it got people to complain.  Why would you want to arbitrary lose a lot of resources when you could need them later for insane crafting requirements? And please, don't give DE ideas. 

yes it was a step in the right direction..on the WRONG resource....of all the resources I (personally) have they chose a resource that MANY players do not have more than 1000 of because it only drops from 2 areas...and one of those areas is super low while the other area uses an outdated key system to access.

if it had been alloy plates, PLASTIDS, NANO SPORES, or any other resources that players have literally millions of (most players DO have hundreds of thousands of them), there would not have been such an outcry on the Hema.

Now, on topic...I would much rather they give us a queue option on certain consumable foundry items...THAT alone would kill 2 birds with one stone...letting us get rid of excess resources AND give the players what they have been asking for for ages now.

1 hour ago, Kuestenjung said:
  1. Why does it make sense for the infested to collect my alloy plates or controle modules?
  2. How would I get rid of my recourses by betting them in an Index like gamemode? I would just increase them even more.
  3. Great Avatar, all Hail Clem

1.I haven't thought of a logical reason to why they would want it. :D I literally came up with this today while I brushed my teeth when I woke up. 

2. You would bet resources that you want to get rid of and win a certain amount of another kind of resource. 

3. Thank you. :) 

32 minutes ago, (PS4)Francis_Boudreau said:

It's not as much of a sink as you think it is.

If you actually donate time to farming for the samples, you'll get it done in no time.

It took me less than two days (with a team of four, which I bought all of us resource boosters), went to Orokin Derelict Survival, stayed 50 minutes, and got over 250 samples each. Rinse and repeat, you'll be done.

Over half the community says they are incredibly knowledgeable about the game, yet they complain saying "it's too challenging". 

51 minutes ago, Xaranoth said:

How about allowing us to turn a large sum of resources into a corresponding ship decoration? 250k ferrite for ferrrite decoration, 100 neurodes for neurode decoration, etc.

I thought about that too. 

how about the lotus's resource exchange program? trade in large amounts of common resources for some of those hard to get resources? like 3000 nano spore for 1 mutagen sample?

might get the hema whiners to shut up.

Edited by Wrum

What about allowing resource donations to dojos? 

Atm you can only donate credits directly to the vault or donate to research/hallway constructions and only cancelling/destroying those gives you the resources to the vault.

12 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Ginger Bruhv said:

It's not as much of a sink as you think it is.

If you actually donate time to farming for the samples, you'll get it done in no time.

It took me less than two days (with a team of four, which I bought all of us resource boosters), went to Orokin Derelict Survival, stayed 50 minutes, and got over 250 samples each. Rinse and repeat, you'll be done.

Over half the community says they are incredibly knowledgeable about the game, yet they complain saying "it's too challenging". 

Yeah assuming you're in a low tier clan it works. Mid - high tier would usually mean either getting few people together and farming for a much longer time to compensate or forcing everyone to do their part or get out.

Just now, Madway7 said:

Yeah assuming you're in a low tier clan it works. Mid - high tier would usually mean either getting few people together and farming for a much longer time to compensate or forcing everyone to do their part or get out.

The point of a clan is for people to contribute for the clan's good, not just sit there and let everyone else do the work.

So, yes, everyone should do their part, instead of complaining and not doing anything about it, and waiting for other people to do it for them.

That is the exact reason my clan leader booted people out of our clan. He told everyone "We are going to work on the Hema research, if you don't donate anything, or even try and help farm with us, you're gone", and it worked.

1 hour ago, valt123 said:

How about trading those resources for ducats or some other currency that gives you stuff.

I like this idea. If we could trade excess resources for a few ducats, it would provide an excellent sink. It doesn't need to be a good ratio either, 5-20 ducats to drain a resource should be enough

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Ginger Bruhv said:

The point of a clan is for people to contribute for the clan's good, not just sit there and let everyone else do the work.

So, yes, everyone should do their part, instead of complaining and not doing anything about it, and waiting for other people to do it for them.

That is the exact reason my clan leader booted people out of our clan. He told everyone "We are going to work on the Hema research, if you don't donate anything, or even try and help farm with us, you're gone", and it worked.

Thing is the others weren't complaining. Just not contributing. I'm not sure where we stand on the Hema research atm since we downsized, but I'm sure it's still not finished.

But what I mainly mean is that doing it is  much easier on smaller clans while being a heavy weight on larger clans. Not everyone can start the game on the fly and prepare to go 1 hour into a single mission just to get some resources. People have jobs, school and other responsibilities to attend to that aren't related to the game.

It just doesn't feel right booting them in such a case. 

What I'm saying is that it's not easy to get the mutagen if you're in a high tier clan. Mainly because the more people you have to deal with, the harder it becomes to communicate and coordinate with them.

Right now I want to set up activity rules for my clan, but I am getting backlash from our founder since he doesn't like rules. 

I'm more of the mind that maybe DE should consider removing some resources.  I think we have entirely too many different types, with a select few seeing repeated use in most new crafted items and such.  You know they'll never introduce an alloy sink because they look at their data sheets and realize people will be able to afford crafting that item for months unless they drop in a rare component to craft it, defeating the point, so why bother?

Edited by Littleman88