The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trading market is going downhill fast

(PSN)willitical

Ok so the values are rapidly decreasing,  which i have a possible solution.  One big impact this has is ppl are able to buy full sets for pocket change,  because of that they need alot less plat to buy prime gear.  That equals less plat sales.  It could very well break the game.  De bends over backwards for us,  and were talking Money out of their pockets.  And the other problem is that now its becoming a problem for ppl who sells at decent prices.  

3 minutes ago, (PS4)willsp282012 said:

A good example is the ignis wraith,  a very special weapon that ppl worked very hard getting it for the their dojo,  and ppl are giving them away left and right.  

Nothing more than fair a weapon which the Blueprint can be obtained from some clans or did you really expect these winning clans to use this Blueprint as a lifetime Platinum farm?

Now we need de to step in and say this cant continue,  my idea is to have scales in the trade window,  that shows if its a fair trade or not,  doesn't need to be exact,  but maybe 20% in either direction is considered a fair trade,  and i think if it shows say 80 to 20 % the trade will be denied,  until it balances out more

it is because prime gears are easy to farm. even a new player can do it.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)willsp282012 said:

Ok so the values are rapidly decreasing,  which i have a possible solution.  One big impact this has is ppl are able to buy full sets for pocket change,  because of that they need alot less plat to buy prime gear.  That equals less plat sales.  It could very well break the game.  De bends over backwards for us,  and were talking Money out of their pockets.  And the other problem is that now its becoming a problem for ppl who sells at decent prices.  

not really, traded plat is not money for DE, in fact DE will hate it when a player us able to obtain plat thru trade. since plats is harder to get thru trades you will start to think about buying it in the market.

primes prices are low, but rivens are still high.

Come on guys ur killing the market 

we are not. the supply of primes is high because it is easy to get hence low price. Ignis wraith should not be a plat farm people are giving it away to counter the opportunist who did not evsn.conteibute getting it and reaping its benefits. 

Everynow and then a rarity like this appears, usually most buyers complain and demand lower prices, they say that X person sells it for less, that they got a better price or that the market sells for Y price, they try again and again and will atempt a lecture on the seller to try and see if they can get a better deal, then if you have been on the trading for some time, you will find the opposite, the player that will argue and possibly demand a higher price.

Watch closely guys, you won't see players like these often, get that masterball ready

11 minutes ago, (PS4)willsp282012 said:

Now we need de to step in and say this cant continue,  my idea is to have scales in the trade window,  that shows if its a fair trade or not,  doesn't need to be exact,  but maybe 20% in either direction is considered a fair trade,  and i think if it shows say 80 to 20 % the trade will be denied,  until it balances out more

No. I gifted my friend a full Banshee Prime set since she was his first warframe after his chosen starter (Mag). Your proposal would basically make gifting stuff to friends pointless, they'd have to give something in return to consolidate the "fairness" and that negates the point of GIFTING. Not only that, but no one has the right to say what is and isn't fair to trade because it is a free market.

The plat in trading is also not an infinite resource being conjured out of thin air, someone somewhere has spent money in the game to get that plat into trading.

So according to you  our Time and effort doing the event was for nothing,  if i had known i wouldn't have even done the event,  u guys r prooving my point for me

your clan's effort and time was put into research that benefits the clan

it is not obliged to provide you specifically with platinum since it is an only tradeable bp from research afaik

Edited by Pro3Display

12 hours ago, (PS4)willsp282012 said:

So according to you  our Time and effort doing the event was for nothing,  if i had known i wouldn't have even done the event,  u guys r prooving my point for me

So according to you, giving a great weapon to people who missed the event is worth nothing. You are proving even more how ignorant you're being

It's basic supply and demand economy. Since prime parts are easier to farm, the supply goes up, but since the demand isn't changing (unless it gets vaulted) the value drops. It's not that people are selling things for super cheap because they don't care about profits, it's because the value of the object itself has lessened.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)willsp282012 said:

Trying to use Ignist Wraith as your backup was probably the point that killed the thread, as it implies you would rather get platinum for it, taking advantage of DE's bad design to exploit those unlucky enough to lose the BP. Also, it's a mark of prestige, those who got it are happy they did, even if they don't shield any kind of reward, just like the throphy.

Also, if you want "fair trade" you can always visit warframe.market for a list of prices by players for players. You may not like the prices going low but everything in the game is still changing so prices won't stay the same until the game is finished, at which point the game may as well die off.

A "decent price" is whatever I'm willing to pay, and whatever you're willing to accept, if they happen to align, and that's the nature of trade. I won't be trying to buy legendary cores at 1K plat like they used to be worth because that's the past. Don't try to push your version of "fair" into people.

so is 25p for a ash set a good deal? it boils down to time spent collecting stuff. yes primes are eaiser to get, so they wemt down, but at what point do u say its too low. how bout sell ash set for 5p is that ok? doesnt that hurt ppl who wants a fair price. and yes primes are easier to get, but its like they just fall out of the sky, its still rng, and its pretty rare to get what your after. 

48 minutes ago, (PS4)willsp282012 said:

A good example is the ignis wraith,  a very special weapon that ppl worked very hard getting it for the their dojo,  and ppl are giving them away left and right.  

My clan reached the hardcore tier as Moon clan, 1 of only 2 across all platforms. if I choose to give away the ignis wraith, Im more entitled on that choice than 99.9% off all players. And it actually makes me happy that it upsets people like you. The Event wasn't fair on all tiers and alot of people have been exploiting new players with ignis wraith.

That also reminds me, if anyone wants ignis wraith for free and doesn't have it, feel free to pm me ingame.

The economy is fine, but warframe.market screwed up item values. Most items are dirt cheap besides items without relics or in the vault or both. I do not know if this is a console only issue, but trading is fine on PC as of now.

1 minute ago, --Q--Voltage said:

The economy is fine, but warframe.market screwed up item values. Most items are dirt cheap besides items without relics or in the vault or both. I do not know if this is a console only issue, but trading is fine on PC as of now.

whats the lowest pr set uve seen? and are ppl giving away the ignis wraith?

Just now, (PS4)willsp282012 said:

whats the lowest pr set uve seen? and are ppl giving away the ignis wraith?

@---RV---Maniac is an example of free ignis. I personally trade mine for relics. I see many sets go low like ash trin and volt, sometimes saryn too under 60p. I personally never sell at these prices but that's what happens when warframe gets a taste of AH and price listing.