The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trading market is going downhill fast

(PSN)willitical

1 minute ago, --Q--Voltage said:

@---RV---Maniac is an example of free ignis. I personally trade mine for relics. I see many sets go low like ash trin and volt, sometimes saryn too under 60p. I personally never sell at these prices but that's what happens when warframe gets a taste of AH and price listing. 

ive seen ash set go for 20p on ps4

I feel like all we're doing is telling you that you're wrong. How about some constructive advice instead?

From what i understand you're upset that the effort you put into farming parts doesn't match up with the the plat you're getting for it. I have two solutions to this problem. 1) stop farming parts. If it's not worth the effort, don't do it. simple stuff. or 2) farm as much as you like, then play the waiting game for things to get vaulted. when they do, you'll have a stockpile of junk that you can sell at the elevated price resulting from vaulting.

as for the ignis thing, i got nothing other than to enjoy the status of being able to build it and that you should just accept that it's not the magical cash cow you expected it to be.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)willsp282012 said:

so is 25p for a ash set a good deal? it boils down to time spent collecting stuff. yes primes are eaiser to get, so they wemt down, but at what point do u say its too low. how bout sell ash set for 5p is that ok? doesnt that hurt ppl who wants a fair price. and yes primes are easier to get, but its like they just fall out of the sky, its still rng, and its pretty rare to get what your after. 

yes because ash is now worthless post nerf, they might as well delete him imo.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)willsp282012 said:

so would it be ok for me to start giving away everything for free?

Definitely! It's your stuff so you can do with it as you please. And i'm sure you'll make a lot of people very happy by doing so. Who needs plat when you've got great karma!

1 minute ago, Omnijack said:

Definitely! It's your stuff so you can do with it as you please. And i'm sure you'll make a lot of people very happy by doing so. Who needs plat when you've got great karma!

and what happens if everyone expects to get stuff for free? ud be ok with that?

I have to agree with Will here. The trade chat is crap these days. Not too long ago, I could  find no lower than 180 on Mag Prime. Now im lucky to find someone willing to buy it for 100. You used to have to pay oodles for stuff. Its just different times. Still, I saw a guy the other day wanted to buy a whole Nekros Prime set for 20. That was his legit offer. I hate how they act all entitled and triggered when you ask a fair price. Just talked to a guy the other day who was saying the EXACT SAME THING. So my suggestion to anyone who thinks that this trade is better or even fair, I say "go try to sell something for a decent amount and don't budge on the price. Then we'll talk."

ok so it just occured to me. someone said earlier that seling low doesnt take away from de, and i figured out y thats not correct. im guessing about 70 % of tenno are able to buy plat packs, while some are not. therefor only a few have to use trading alone to get stuff. when trading came out plat sales increased dramatically. because ppl was able to buy stuff from other players, so its simple say someone can buy everythging in the game for 1k plat, they wouldnt ever need to buy plat again, were making it to easy to get stuff in general. 

ok so i looked it up, nekros is 375p in the market, while the prime is going for 20 im sure you can see a problem threr. lets say the value is 20 then that means de is overpricing stuff. but thats not the case, now obviously its goinna be alot less then 375 but 20 come on now. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)willsp282012 said:

ok so it just occured to me. someone said earlier that seling low doesnt take away from de, and i figured out y thats not correct. im guessing about 70 % of tenno are able to buy plat packs, while some are not. therefor only a few have to use trading alone to get stuff. when trading came out plat sales increased dramatically. because ppl was able to buy stuff from other players, so its simple say someone can buy everythging in the game for 1k plat, they wouldnt ever need to buy plat again, were making it to easy to get stuff in general. 

There's also the matter of people who wouldn't go to buying plat first and try to make their plat through trade. Though possible through small amounts it takes much longer to get the desired amount leading to just buying the plat due to impatience.

There seem to be a lot of factors that you are just not looking at when considering the trading market.

If you don't know how in-game economics work, you might think like that.

Here's the thing. When items are traded, currency is not consumed.

During times of low relative value, the relative price of slots and warframe market items is increased, making it less appealing to say, purchase additional slots. Thus, less players are purchasing these objects, which means less platinum is being taken out of the economy. At the same time, the relative per-plat value is up, and people will thus, be more incentivized to purchase platinum to gather a large amount of items easily, injecting more plat into the economy. As the amount of plat in the economy goes up, how much people are willing to pay for rarer items also goes up. This means the expenses incurred by many of the farmers who provide the vast majority of low-value objects also goes up and as a result, the minimum price they're willing to sell their goods for. Hence causing inflation which then lowers the relative value of purchasing slots and cosmetics, as compared to purchasing player-sold goods on the market. It works in cycles. All economies do.

As a result, the market regulates itself. Don't try to force command economics. Just let the economy work.

Edited by Serialkillerwhale

Supply and demand.   Simple as that.   Small supply and big demand equals high prices.    Big supply and minimal demand equals low prices.   Depending on which it is, its either a buyers or sellers market.     If the former, its a sellers market, the latter, a buyers.   Building a stockpile of everything enables you take advantage of whatever is currently the best plat making option.   While the trade chat itself is a whole different issue, the prices themselves are fine.   As its the players themselves that dictate them.

I don't believe reduced value in player traded items is an accident.

Void 2.0 reduced the value of Primes outside new releases which is ideal for getting players to purchase Prime Access but makes it harder for farmers to gain plat past the first month of release.

Ayatan were introduced as a credit dump conversion to Endo, then had the credit cost removed. Making upgraded Primed mods easier to attain and gradually reducing the value of maxed mod sales.

Another aspect is Warframemarket which gives example as to why an AH has and will always be a bad idea for video game economies as players complete with 100% up time to the point of dirt cheap prices.

Lower trade value for items doesn't really hurt DE as long as it's the right items or at the right time. When someone buys plat they can buy a  lot more with said plat while players attempting to gain plat for free will struggle more. It's sales through value instead of desperation which majority of consumers respond better to.

The sellers control the econemy, i get that, supply and demmand is only part of it, the other part that is overlooked is time spent and difficulty , that should be considerd, there wil always be demmand for primes, since its required to rank up. Also the quality is another factor. Now nekros is one of best farming frames, and his bp is really difficult to get, now once we got the fischers it was about 100p for primes and 200 for vaulted primes, but it kept decreasing, all im saying is realize the time spent is worth something. Would u be happy to spend 3 days to make 20p? I think not. My issue is that there not even trying to make more, every trade has an impact on the econemy, and besides what u guys r saying is, if u cant buy plat packs then u should quit. But that makes it a pay to win game, and thats not what de wants, that was why we got trading in the first place, so ppl can win without paying. Shouldnt we respect what de wants? And i am a vetran, ive been on warframe shortly after it started, and i followed the devs talking about it. So why is it free to play with trading for plat, to give everyone a chance to get what they want, they want it to be fun for everyone. So heres my question does the value decline stop here or will it continue to drop? Surely no one wil be happy if it falls even more. Heres the facts alot of ppl are not about the prices, that is not a good thing. 

33 minutes ago, (PS4)willsp282012 said:

The sellers control the econemy, i get that, supply and demmand is only part of it, the other part that is overlooked is time spent and difficulty , that should be considerd, there wil always be demmand for primes, since its required to rank up. Also the quality is another factor. Now nekros is one of best farming frames, and his bp is really difficult to get, now once we got the fischers it was about 100p for primes and 200 for vaulted primes, but it kept decreasing, all im saying is realize the time spent is worth something. Would u be happy to spend 3 days to make 20p? I think not. My issue is that there not even trying to make more, every trade has an impact on the econemy, and besides what u guys r saying is, if u cant buy plat packs then u should quit. But that makes it a pay to win game, and thats not what de wants, that was why we got trading in the first place, so ppl can win without paying. Shouldnt we respect what de wants? And i am a vetran, ive been on warframe shortly after it started, and i followed the devs talking about it. So why is it free to play with trading for plat, to give everyone a chance to get what they want, they want it to be fun for everyone. So heres my question does the value decline stop here or will it continue to drop? Surely no one wil be happy if it falls even more. Heres the facts alot of ppl are not about the prices, that is not a good thing. 

DE want players to buy plats, nothing more nothing less.

Trade chat is kept alive by plat suppliers otherwise plat sinks like slots and potatoes will drain it dry.

Price drop implies that less people buy plats. Or they simply play it smart while freebies compete with each other to drop the price by oversupply.

Btw virtual goods are not commodities, in most games your efforts become dirt cheap in a single update. You might think you grind hard but there're no-lifers who grind harder and even multiboxers out there, can you justify your efforts at this point?

If the system had been created to be "fun for everyone", you wouldn't have complained here.

Edited by Volinus7

2 hours ago, (PS4)willsp282012 said:

ok so i looked it up, nekros is 375p in the market, while the prime is going for 20 im sure you can see a problem threr. lets say the value is 20 then that means de is overpricing stuff. but thats not the case, now obviously its goinna be alot less then 375 but 20 come on now. 

tell me which of the 2 is harder to obtain?
can you even trade original nekros?

It is quite simple.There is a web site warframe.market that screwed everything up.There are too many people desperate for plat and they are setting too low bottom price and everyone follows them and there are even players competing who is going to have lowest price just to get some platinum.

This is a situation that is actually good for DE because low prices mean it will be harder to get platinum thru trade.Then everyone will be buying platinum from DE if prices keep falling down.

Best example on how low prices are right now is Vauban Prime set that is selling for 100p.All rare parts...

How much time a seller has invested in an item is of little to no concern to a buyer.   You as a seller have to decide how much you are willing to settle for.     And, would you rather have a no sale if that price isn't met?    The buyer isn't concerned about how much time you have in it.   They are only concerned about the cost to themselves. 

ᒪᙓT IT ᙅᖇᗩᔕᕼ! I ᙎᗩᑎT TO ᔕᙓᙓ Tᕼᙓ ᙎOᖇᒪᗪ ᙖᙀᖇᑎ!

But on a serious note, i await what will happen. 
If this wont push DE into creating an auction house or fixing up the trade chat i dont know what will.
Edited by Fallen_Echo

I don't suppose you all remember how grindy and unfair the event was for solo players? I'm lucky my clan are active and we have good leaders. But trying to get all the points required solo... that would have been impossible for me, especially doing it without cheesing it on a healer frame (i only managed about 400 points maximum because i pug'ed it and i went in as nyx.)

I'd much rather give those blueprints away than charge people who through no fault of their own couldn't get it. Especially the ones who tried for the event and fell short of the huge grind wall

12 hours ago, (PS4)willsp282012 said:

A good example is the ignis wraith,  a very special weapon that ppl worked very hard getting it for the their dojo,  and ppl are giving them away left and right.  

I suspect this is happening partly because many (if not most) players perceive themselves to be in competition with Digital Extremes -- if they can figure out a way to deny DE playtime and/or plat purchases, then they "win" - they've beaten DE at Warframe. 

I don't have that perspective - if I can get platinum from trade, that's great, but if trading is moving slow for me or I just don't feel like doing it I just cough up some RealBucks to get the thing(s) I want. DE provides me an entertaining game and service, I'm perfectly willing to pay for it, and it's not a battle between me and them. I'd wager I still haven't put as much money into Warframe as I have into Destiny, for instance, and I didn't bat an eye at spending on that game. 

Edit: it's interesting to see how the consoles are diverging. On Xbox frames seem to be going for like, 60-80 plat. It looks like on PS4 the prices have bottomed out even harder than on Xbox. Actually, come to think of it, on Xbox every prime set (weapon or frame) aside from the perennials like Orthos and Paris seem to fall in the rather narrow 60-80 platinum range.

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack