Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gender of Warframes is starting to get unbalanced.

Tesseract7777

why do people care about the gender of the frames? it makes no sense... so what if their are more male frames... so what if their are more female frames.. heck we could have more transgender frames and I could care less. Its a videogame its not real. don't bring this crap to the gaming world.

9 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

What about the female deities?

I don't think Warframe's Nyx is much of a direct analogue to the Greek Nyx other than name, otherwise she'd have powers related to night/darkness like Nox from Smite (same goddess).

Titania is a folklore fairy queen.

It's safe to assume any frame with a name tied to history by religion or folklore would match gender, don't see a reason for that to not be the case.

There being an offset of 3 more males isn't the end of the world, style and theme should come first.

17 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

At first the order got slightly messed up because of the chinaframes, and I believe we had one more male than female. However, for the most part that order was kept, in order to maintain balance as best as possible. Then, Octavia was going to be released before Nidus to try to restore the balance of the frames genders. However, Octavia was delayed and released after, and now the next frame is going to be male as well. At this rate, it will actually be quite uneven. 

There will be thirty three frames soon. 

18 of them will be male

15 of them will be female

That means after this male frame we will need three female frames in a row to even temporarily bring the amount of each gender of frame back to balance again. 

Do you even care about this? Do you think it's important? I'm not sure I really care, but I'm also not sure I like the tradition being abandoned to such an extent as it is right now. Should it matter? Does it matter? 

Should we have a bunch of female frames in a row after this male to "fix this problem", or do you think its not actually a problem? I am curious how people feel about this. 

Like I said, I'm not sure I really care or not, but I observed this and thought it would be interesting to see how people feel about it. 

Completely a non issue. Keep gender parity out of this. It doesn't matter if there are three more males than females, they are both very represented in the warframe universe. From some of the most evil villains being female, to some of our greatest allies. That and some of the most powerful frames are female. Quantity does not matter, quality does. Don't bring gender parity or feminism into this. It's done it's part to ruin enough games already, don't let it ruin Warframe too.

2 hours ago, ArtisticLlama said:

I don't think Warframe's Nyx is much of a direct analogue to the Greek Nyx other than name, otherwise she'd have powers related to night/darkness like Nox from Smite (same goddess).

Titania is a folklore fairy queen.

It's safe to assume any frame with a name tied to history by religion or folklore would match gender, don't see a reason for that to not be the case.

There being an offset of 3 more males isn't the end of the world, style and theme should come first.

If the visual and kit has to be closely tied to the lore, then Loki doesn't fit, nor does Atlas.

Loki is known for illusions and tricks, the Warframe only has the one illusion ability and not a lot of tricks.  Visually, Loki doesn't even have horns.  Atlas holds the earth, not commands it, and visually, Atlas, well, he has a neck. :/

Hek, one of Atlas' abilities, turning people to stone, is a direct pull from another female diety, Medusa.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Ro0kie17808 said:

I didn't know the warframes were related to male and female deities.

It would be interesting to see them create  warframes that has the abilities of the greek and  roman gods.

They're loosly based on gods.  Atlas and Nyx are from the Green/Roman pantheon.

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

Loki is known for illusions and tricks, the Warframe only has the one illusion ability and not a lot of tricks.  Visually, Loki doesn't even have horns.

You think fooling enemies into attacking a decoy, switching them around the battlefield, and removing all of their weapons aren't tricks?

Also, he certainly does have horns. They jut out sideways from all of his non-tennogen helmets.

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

Hek, one of Atlas' abilities, turning people to stone, is a direct pull from another female diety, Medusa.

Medusa was not a deity, but a monster. If I'm not mistaken, Atlas wasn't technically a deity either. If you're going to claim that they're inaccurate to the mythos, might as well get the facts straight.

20 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

At first the order got slightly messed up because of the chinaframes, and I believe we had one more male than female. However, for the most part that order was kept, in order to maintain balance as best as possible. Then, Octavia was going to be released before Nidus to try to restore the balance of the frames genders. However, Octavia was delayed and released after, and now the next frame is going to be male as well. At this rate, it will actually be quite uneven. 

There will be thirty three frames soon. 

18 of them will be male

15 of them will be female

That means after this male frame we will need three female frames in a row to even temporarily bring the amount of each gender of frame back to balance again. 

Do you even care about this? Do you think it's important? I'm not sure I really care, but I'm also not sure I like the tradition being abandoned to such an extent as it is right now. Should it matter? Does it matter? 

Should we have a bunch of female frames in a row after this male to "fix this problem", or do you think its not actually a problem? I am curious how people feel about this. 

Like I said, I'm not sure I really care or not, but I observed this and thought it would be interesting to see how people feel about it. 

Isn't that sweet, someone is trying to stir up sh*t when there isn't anything to actually stir up

And if you weren't really sure you cared you probably shouldn't have made this forum topic in the 1st place, it's obvious that you made this post not to start an "important discussion" but for your own self-gratification that you forced a discussion to happen when it wasn't needed.

DE is under no obligation to even out the "genders" of warframes

"That means after this male frame we will need three female frames in a row to even temporarily bring the amount of each gender of frame back to balance again" Nononono, you don't NEED 3 female warframes you WANT 3 female warframes, for no other reason than gender balance. 

The 3 "NEEDED" female warframes could have the worst, most rediculous abilites, but all you'd probably care about is that they are even

"Who cares what their abilites are, as long as it's even hurr durr" that's what I get from you out of this post

Edited by ChivalricDeath

1 minute ago, ChivalricDeath said:

Aw isn't that sweet, someone is trying to stir up sh*t when there isn't anything to actually stir up. I think it's time for bed sweetie.

And if you weren't really sure you cared you probably shouldn't have made this forum topic in the 1st place, it's obvious that you made this post not to start an "important discussion" but for your own self-gratification that you forced a discussion to happen when it wasn't needed.

DE is under no obligation to even out the "genders" of warframes

"That means after this male frame we will need three female frames in a row to even temporarily bring the amount of each gender of frame back to balance again" Nononono, you don't NEED 3 female warframes you WANT 3 female warframes, for no other reason than gender balance. 

The 3 "NEEDED" female warframes could have the worst, most rediculous abilites, but all you'd probably care about is that they are even

"Who cares what their abilites are, as long as it's even hurr durr" that's what I get from you out of this post

There is no reason to be disrespectful.

Just now, Corvid said:

There is no reason to be disrespectful.

I have no respect for those that make these kinds of forum posts. Why should I give them any? I have been playing this game for over 3 years and this RIDICULOUS topic has been brought up every. single. time. I small deviation between the "genders" appears. And ever time it happens a 20 page long discussion about genders is made. No, not having it. this needs to end 

Just now, ChivalricDeath said:

I have no respect for those that make these kinds of forum posts. Why should I give them any? I have been playing this game for over 3 years and this RIDICULOUS topic has been brought up every. single. time. I small deviation between the "genders" appears. And ever time it happens a 20 page long discussion about genders is made. No, not having it. this needs to end 

Good luck stopping it. If people want to talk about it, discussions will occur. Your time is more productively spent elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

It seems you care much more about this topic than I do. Interesting. 

I care because I have seen this topic been brought up almost monthly for the past 3+ YEARS and I'm sick of it. You should not have made this post because there was no reason for it to be discussed or analyzed

Edited by ChivalricDeath

Just now, ChivalricDeath said:

I care because I have seen this topic been brought up almost monthly for the past 3+ YEARS and I'm sick of it

I actually only play male warframes, it really doesn't help me to have more female frames. I just noticed that DE had been going for a pattern for years, and that it is getting a little away from that pattern. I thought it would be an interesting discussion. Personally, I think it has been an interesting discussion, and has been mostly respectful up until now. 

What's it to you? Why are you getting so bent out of shape because a discussion thread exists? You don't like the topic of discussion, you don't have to open and or read the thread. Are you so upset at seeing the title of a thread about the genders of frames that you had to click and come in and start off with some condescending reply? Because if so, I think the problem here is not with me. Have a good day. 

2 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Good luck stopping it. If people want to talk about it, discussions will occur. Your time is more productively spent elsewhere.

I mean, playing warframe isn't really any more productive than posting on forums. And I'm all done with the Overwatch weekly lootboxes so I'm just waiting to play stellaris later tonight. Not much else for me to do *shrugs*

1 minute ago, ChivalricDeath said:

I mean, playing warframe isn't really any more productive than posting on forums. And I'm all done with the Overwatch weekly lootboxes so I'm just waiting to play stellaris later tonight. Not much else for me to do *shrugs*

So do that instead. You will gain significantly more enjoyment, I assure you, and we will be able to discuss the matter at hand without disruption. As far as I can see, it's win-win.

Just now, MagPrime said:

Despite the androgynous nature of Equinox's design, former Community Editorial Coordinator Adam Ma has confirmed that both day and night forms are female.[1]

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Equinox

I know. I'm just saying that for the purposes of the tally, she only counts as a single Female frame, albeit with Masculine and Feminine aspects.