Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gender of Warframes is starting to get unbalanced.

Tesseract7777

The less we talk about Warframe gender, the less you will hear about it. I dont understand why gender would matter all to begin with in a farming/mass genocide simulator anyway. The vehicle of destruction that you choose is still a vehicle of destruction whether it is male or female. 

I really like the way you put quotations on "fix this issue", as if you dont believe its actually an issue, but if you really believed that, I dont think you wouldve taken the time to make this thread in the 1st place, this thread feels like flamebaiting to me. 

1 minute ago, GRiMtox said:

Sure, if you think a confirmation from the Devs is all that is needed to mark something as solved and done.

LEAMF00.png

Not sure what your point is? I don't believe they ever confirmed a release date, only that we would get the regular version of Umbra someday. 

Anyways, we hardly need dev confirmation for Nezha and Nidus. Nidus has an obvious codpiece and Nezha is based on a Chinese deity who is clearly male in Chinese lore. 

1 minute ago, armedpoop said:

The less we talk about Warframe gender, the less you will hear about it. I dont understand why gender would matter all to begin with in a farming/mass genocide simulator anyway. The vehicle of destruction that you choose is still a vehicle of destruction whether it is male or female. 

I really like the way you put quotations on "fix this issue", as if you dont believe its actually an issue, but if you really believed that, I dont think you wouldve taken the time to make this thread in the 1st place, this thread feels like flamebaiting to me. 

It's called honest discussion actually. I am really not sure if I care at all or not. If I do, it's very, very little. 

I'm more curious to see how people feel. Not because "I want a flame-war", but because I am honestly interested in seeing how people feel about the issue. 

Personally, I find it refreshing that most people don't really seem to care. It think the playerbase not worrying that much about the gender balance gives the dev team more freedom to do what they think is best in any situation without fear. 

My intentions are just for some engaging and interesting discussion. 

But yeah my quotes were very intentional, because I am really not sure it matters, at least to me. 

no offense but i only really see this as an 'i identify as an attack helicopter' type of issue.

i mean, i wouldn't want the designs to all be one or the other style - but they aren't, nor do i have reason to think they will be.

Edited by taiiat

It's not the end of the world, but I wouldn't complain in the slightest if DE introduced two or three female frames in a row to balance it out. I WOULD complain if DE released three frames in a row that were super niche, or useless, or boring and repetitive to play.

8 minutes ago, GRiMtox said:

Difficult to say:

• Nidus

Nidus is just a thing.

• Nezha

If one Warframe is undecided, its Nezha. But thats ok, you shouldn't press a gender on Nezha.

Reaction GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Why do people prefer certain cars, if all can take you from point A to point B? Why do people prefer certain clothing styles, if all will cover you up? The answer is that everyone has personal tastes in regards to many things.

9 minutes ago, .Fire_Fly. said:

I care, i liked the balance between genders

most games it just a male character to play and warframe has changed this

...You didn't prove your point. Most of the male frames are very bland and lackluster. And warframes aren't characters (spoiler so dont look into it any further). The balance between genders don't matter as long as the devs ensure that the frames dont differ in sex too much. At least that's how I see this.

51 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

At first the order got slightly messed up because of the chinaframes, and I believe we had one more male than female. However, for the most part that order was kept, in order to maintain balance as best as possible. Then, Octavia was going to be released before Nidus to try to restore the balance of the frames genders. However, Octavia was delayed and released after, and now the next frame is going to be male as well. At this rate, it will actually be quite uneven. 

There will be thirty three frames soon. 

18 of them will be male

15 of them will be female

That means after this male frame we will need three female frames in a row to even temporarily bring the amount of each gender of frame back to balance again. 

Do you even care about this? Do you think it's important? I'm not sure I really care, but I'm also not sure I like the tradition being abandoned to such an extent as it is right now. Should it matter? Does it matter? 

Should we have a bunch of female frames in a row after this male to "fix this problem", or do you think its not actually a problem? I am curious how people feel about this. 

Like I said, I'm not sure I really care or not, but I observed this and thought it would be interesting to see how people feel about it. 

What...? Why does it matter, and who cares aside from you..? It's an arbitrary number.

1 minute ago, SpectreXenon said:

...You didn't prove your point. Most of the male frames are very bland and lackluster. And warframes aren't characters (spoiler so dont look into it any further). The balance between genders don't matter as long as the devs ensure that the frames dont differ in sex too much. At least that's how I see this.

I see myself as the warframe more then that little guy in the back of my ship.

1 minute ago, SpectreXenon said:

...You didn't prove your point. Most of the male frames are very bland and lackluster.

That is subjective and has virtually nothing to do with the topic. It is also not a valid counter to that individuals opinion or a valid reason to release more male or female frames.

That opinion is one of the cookie-cutter replies i see whenever DE makes a new frame. The only time i recall not seeing it is with Nidus(because edgelord infested frame) and Octavia, though people complained about 2 female sound frames(i would have preferred her to be male too).

1 minute ago, EmptyDevil said:

That is subjective and has virtually nothing to do with the topic. It is also not a valid counter to that individuals opinion or a valid reason to release more male or female frames.

That opinion is one of the cookie-cutter replies i see whenever DE makes a new frame. The only time i recall not seeing it is with Nidus(because edgelord infested frame) and Octavia, though people complained about 2 female sound frames(i would have preferred her to be male too).

Image result for popcorn .gif

The thing is, the imbalance was brought from the additions of Wukong and Nezha. from Banshee (where the genders of frame was 50/50) till Atlas, the release of frames followed the strict ratio of 50/50. heck, if you removed Monkey king and lotus prince from the release schedule, it still follows that strict ratio.

to be perfectly honest though, i wouldn't mind if DE kept releasing male then female thereby maining the imbalance, or releasing 3 females to balance everything out.

its pretty much a non-issue to me.

1 minute ago, 321agemo said:

The thing is, the imbalance was brought from the additions of Wukong and Nezha. from Banshee (where the genders of frame was 50/50) till Atlas, the release of frames followed the strict ratio of 50/50. heck, if you removed Monkey king and lotus prince from the release schedule, it still follows that strict ratio.

to be perfectly honest though, i wouldn't mind if DE kept releasing male then female thereby maining the imbalance, or releasing 3 females to balance everything out.

its pretty much a non-issue to me.

Actually, now that you mention it, I thought it had been softly established that Wukong and Nezha were outside of the release pattern, due to them being imported from Chinaframe?

23 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

Reaction GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Why do people prefer certain cars, if all can take you from point A to point B? Why do people prefer certain clothing styles, if all will cover you up? The answer is that everyone has personal tastes in regards to many things.

A car is still a car, and clothes are still clothes. You can prefer different makes of car, but you arent gonna not drive a car because its a certain gender. You may not want to be a man wearing clothes meant for women, or vice versa but they would still cover you up. They would still accomplish their goal of doing what they are intended to do. Warframes are meant to kill, and thats what they do. 

Its fine if you prefer a certain make of car or a type of clothing, but what doesnt make sense to me is when people like a frame's kit, but the fact that its of a certain gender prevents them from playing it, or they go so far as to say that it should have been x gender. It makes sense to say that you like a car and would get it if it wasnt a stick shift cause thats something that can actually prevent you from driving it if you dont know how to operate it, but a frame's gender is not the same thing.

Edited by armedpoop

personally couldn't care less. as long as they can contribute to the team, deal damage, or tank well, Or do a bit of all three, they can identify as whatever they want IMO.

46 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

This is terrible!  

You know how we can fix this, right?

Reveal hidden contents

TennoGen.

except DE originally wanted to go with double-genders for each frame, proven by Nyx originally being meant as a female version of Excalibur, but they scrapped the idea. I doubt they would allow alt-gender skins into the game, and I don't see how the mesh of some bigger frames, like Rhino for example, could possibly be made to look feminine. this isn't something Tennogen can fix.

43 minutes ago, taiiat said:

no offense but i only really see this as an 'i identify as an attack helicopter' type of issue.

but I DO identify as an attack helicopter! check your privilege XD.

A car is still a car, and clothes are still clothes. You can prefer different types of car, but you arent gonna not drive a car because its a certain gender. You may not want to be a man wearing clothes meant for women, or vice versa but they would still cover you up. They would still accomplish their goal of doing what they are intended to do. Warframes are meant to kill, and thats what they do. 

Its fine if you prefer a certain make of car or a type of clothing, but what doesnt make sense to me is when people like a frame's kit, but the fact that its of a certain gender prevents them from playing it, or they go so far as to say that it should have been x gender. It makes sense to say that you like a car and would get it if it wasnt a stick shift cause thats something that can actually prevent you from driving it if you dont know how to operate it, but a frame's gender is not the same thing.

Your post seems more fitting for as a counter reply for an alternate-gender of the same frame thread, not here.

The crux of the matter at hand in this thread, is that there is an imbalance in the number of male and female frames, something DE seemingly avoided before the Changyou deal. An uneven cast of characters, if you will. Some people simply like some form of symmetry being present in a cast(one reason i initially preferred Octavia to be male), some don't like it, some don't care -- those without a care have zero reason to show opposition.

Ultimately, DE reinstating the pre-Changyou balance hurts no one, just as the current situation doesn't. However, there is no reason to oppose a suggestion such as this simply for the sake of opposing it since it hurts no one, which seems to be a common thing within the forums community. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

except DE originally wanted to go with double-genders for each frame, proven by Nyx originally being meant as a female version of Excalibur, but they scrapped the idea. I doubt they would allow alt-gender skins into the game, and I don't see how the mesh of some bigger frames, like Rhino for example, could possibly be made to look feminine. this isn't something Tennogen can fix.

If I wasn't lazy, I'd pull up the stream where DE said they'd consider TennoGen submitted alt skins.

But.

I has a lazy.

Just now, MagPrime said:

If I wasn't lazy, I'd pull up the stream where DE said they'd consider TennoGen submitted alt skins.

But.

I has a lazy.

fair enough, but DE has said they'll consider a bunch of things. like the time they said they'd consider a token System, alas there are neither Tokens nor a system to be found. I don't take the word of Consideration, I take the words of promise. unless they say outright "it's coming SoonTM, it's not happening.

Just now, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

fair enough, but DE has said they'll consider a bunch of things. like the time they said they'd consider a token System, alas there are neither Tokens nor a system to be found. I don't take the word of Consideration, I take the words of promise. unless they say outright "it's coming SoonTM, it's not happening.

Uh-huh, how many "it's coming soon" have we had that haven't shown up yet either? ;)

But, that's the thing of saying they'll consider something.  It gives everyone wiggle room. /shrug

5 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

personally couldn't care less. as long as they can contribute to the team, deal damage, or tank well, Or do a bit of all three, they can identify as whatever they want IMO.

All frames use the same skeleton, even the Operators use a scaled down version. Trust me, it is very possible. All players need is the permission to do so + a few more things, and someone will definitely do it.

Very crude example:

Tcl5LTn.jpg

17 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

Your post seems more fitting for as a counter reply for an alternate-gender of the same frame thread, not here.

The crux of the matter at hand in this thread, is that there is an imbalance in the number of male and female frames, something DE seemingly avoided before the Changyou deal. An uneven cast of characters, if you will. Some people simply like some form of symmetry being present in a cast(one reason i initially preferred Octavia to be male), some don't like it, some don't care -- those without a care have zero reason to show opposition.

Ultimately, DE reinstating the pre-Changyou balance hurts no one, just as the current situation doesn't. However, there is no reason to oppose a suggestion such as this simply for the sake of opposing it since it hurts no one, which seems to be a common thing within the forums community. 

Fair enough. The whole gender discussion for Warframe just really gets my gears grindin' so to speak. 

My apologies to the OP.