Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mom's Lotus skin

Neptlude

37 minutes ago, KettleTicket said:

personally do not want. but it should be available for people who do... for 4516 plat -- or ~300 USD. (plat "reason" = 25[03] March + 2013)

srsly joining a group with two lotus women skins would ruin the game for me.

18 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

While I don't think all players should have access to this skin, I *do* this it was a blunder to give Rebecca access to this on her account.

Hear me out.

The entire purpose of the Prime Time show (for those of us that were there for its genesis) was to show that the DE team is in touch with their own game. That they play the same missions and encounter the same difficulties. Despite this, there has been criticism raised that Rebecca's (and the other DE staff members) enjoy 'hacked' benefits. For instance, when Kubrows were first released, the droprate on eggs was reportedly dreadful. People claimed to farm for hours and hours with no eggs dropping. However, Rebecca farmed one live, on Prime Time, over the course of an hour. People accused her of cheating and hacking droprates. The same thing happened with the Vay Hek re-design and beacons, and several other cases.

Of course it seems ridiculous that Rebecca would fudge these things, but owning a Lotus skin is like her proudly proclaiming 'Yes, I employ my dev status to hack my account and enjoy benefits nobody else can'. This goes against the entire spirit of Prime Time, which was to showcase that she plays the game on the exact same ground as us.

I don't like it, on principle. 

Out of Academic Curiosity... does the Skin do anything, provide any stats?  If not I personally believe that Rebecca having her own skin for the Lotus isn't that big of a deal.  As far as fudging the drop rate... I feel like at least on Prime time it is far less entertaining to see them farm for the whole duration so I personally excuse that as long as they acknowledge (...) drop-rate issues for the player-base as a whole.

While the entire purpose of prime time was stated to show that they were in touch with their own game, I feel like some leeway should be given as long as they don't say "This is fine" (Hema...).

4 minutes ago, achromos said:

Out of Academic Curiosity... does the Skin do anything, provide any stats?  If not I personally believe that Rebecca having her own skin for the Lotus isn't that big of a deal.  As far as fudging the drop rate... I feel like at least on Prime time it is far less entertaining to see them farm for the whole duration so I personally excuse that as long as they acknowledge (...) drop-rate issues for the player-base as a whole.

While the entire purpose of prime time was stated to show that they were in touch with their own game, I feel like some leeway should be given as long as they don't say "This is fine" (Hema...).

It provides no bonuses, just cosmetic.

There have been occasions where the community felt that droprates were too unforgiving and the devs have pointed to a Prime Time episode where they farmed whatever-it-is in a single hour to claim that droprates are fine. 

Obviously I don't truly believe that Rebecca and Megan would secretly manipulate their games to provide more favourable outcomes during their sessions, but I must concede that it's at least theoretically possible. Having open proof that Rebecca's account has been modified certainly seems to support that possibility. I don't think it's wise to embolden that sort of thinking.

It's not a grave offense, and there are certainly bigger problems in the game, but if I was to clearly file the Lotus Skin under 'good thing' or 'bad thing' I definitely would go with 'bad thing'.

• 3 years later...

Since Lotus is canonically a Sentient Mimic and can change her shape at will, and the Lotus skin allows Rebecca to basically play as Lotus with any Warframe's power set, which could be considered a form of internal shape-shifting, does this mean the Lotus skin was a secret "epic foreshadowing" for Second Dream?