Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amprex heavy cal or split chamber

Fallen_Echo

Question

So im not sure what i am seeing here.

If i remove everything from my build and place in either split chamber or heavy caliber, heavy caliber offers slightly more damage than split chamber.

But if i place in serration too then split chamber gives more damage than heavy caliber.

Can someone tell me how this works, how is this possible?

15 answers to this question

Split chamber isn't a damage mod its multishot, so if you add more damage to each shot with serration then split chamber is going to double that damage potential. Heavy caliber on the other hand only adds to the base damage, therefore doesn't stack with Serration. In short Serration and Split Chamber go on everything except a very few weapons. 

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero

This is because Serration and Heavy Caliber both give the same stat, which means they're additive with each other.

When you compare having 100% (base) + 165% (serration), to 100%+165%+165%(HC), the heavy caliber only increases your damage by about 62%.

Split Chamber is the only (nonriven) multishot mod so it just theoretically increases your damage by 90%. (Not really since it doesn't increase damage but gives chance for extra bullets).

Dunno if my maths is good enough for such topics, but I'm gonna have a go...

I think it's because split chamber has the chance to produce two bullets and both bullets will have serration damage boost.

But heavy caliber is based on only base damage, not serration damage boost.

Say you have a damage of 1.

That 1 damage with serration adding 165% damage = 1 + 1.65 = 2.65 damage.

1 damage, 165% serration, 165% heavy caliber = 1 + 1.65 + 1.65 = 4.3 damage.

1 damage, 165% serration, 90% multishot = (1 + 1.65) + (((1 + 1.65) * 90) / 100) (i.e. 2 bullets with +165% with a 90% chance of second bullet happening) = 5.035 damage.

Edited by (PS4)drpunk-yo

Simple explanation lets say all these mods listed 100% and base damage 1

Serration + HC: 1 + (1 x 100%) + (1 x 100%) = 3
As you see here the 2 mods do not amplify each other they both add to the base damage.

However multishot works like this
Serration + SC: (1 + (1 x 100%)) x 2 = 4
So the resulting damage is actually higher Do note though that multishot works like crit chance. You either get that extra bullet or you dont, either dubbeling the damage or not amping the damage at all.

Note: 120% multishot for example is 1 guaranteed extra bullet and 20% chance for a third.

3 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

On a sidenote can anybody explain how multishot works on continous beam weapons?

For Continuous weapons, Multishot is "merely" a straight-up damage multiplier,
dunno why multiple people are mentioning (chances of) extra bullets and stuff, that's not how it works in this case. *shrug*

You dont need sinister reach.

that thing is a red crit gun. ( crit chance can be 100% with point strike )

multishot ( split chamber ) allow you to fire extra bullet without consuming ammo ( very good for fast shooting weapon)

the concept of this weapon is to burst a group of ppl at medium range.

you can also put heavy caliber. since your range is 18m, the spread will not be dat far off. You still can aim for head shot.